Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Gifting Memories :)

What's your favorite/most stand out memory of either gifting someone else or being gifted?

I know I appreciate all gifts, but my favorite memory was of the first time my wishlist was 'robbed.' I started jumping up and down and telling my mom and my sister that I'd been robbed haha. My sis knew what I meant because she was on the forums at the time too, but I had to explain it to my mom. ;)

As a side note, I remember all the fun of creating goofy animal guards for our wishlists to stop robberies in progress. :lol:

My other favorite memory was getting into a gifting 'war.' I can't remember who it was with, but we just kept gifting each other back and forth for a couple of hours LOL. It was funny.

Comments

• Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I almost fell off my chair when jkstens gifted me Barnacle Bay. :shock: :D

Thanks again! :D

Really though, I love all the gifts i receive and a lot of times, the messages just bring the biggest smile to my face. :D
  • Options
    BethWood01BethWood01 Posts: 623
    edited January 2011
    The time I was drive-byed by Alexurt...and the time I actually received a whole set - from someone I had never even heard of...I flushed crimson and my ears burned both times....
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2011
    Jurik1124 wrote:
    Really though, I love all the gifts i receive and a lot of times, the messages just bring the biggest smile to my face. :D

Hehe, I love those too. :) I don't have the money to give a lot, but when I did in the past, I started including silly messages too. :)
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited January 2011
    BethWood01 wrote:
    The time I was drive-byed by Alexurt...and the time I actually received a whole set - from someone I had never even heard of...I flushed crimson and my ears burned both times....

LOL. This happens to me too!
  • Options
    BethWood01BethWood01 Posts: 623
    edited January 2011
    Jurik1124 wrote:
    BethWood01 wrote:

LOL. This happens to me too!

I don't know why it happens....It's like I feel embarrassed...
  • Options
    whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited January 2011
    All though I appreciate all who gift me a LOT!! I would say my best "memory" or gifted moment was when Jaunty gifted me close to 100 items! She has been the most amazing friend as she knows I don't have lany money since i am working my but off to get through college while working full time and paying for my husband to go to school and so she knew that this game is my only relaxation fun outlet. She's amazing! And I know one day I will find a way to repay her and the others who have gifted me!!

Second memory: When I was given a sim card for christmas I gave my first gifts to a few people who had gifted me in the past or who had just given me kind words. It was a great feeling to give a little back! :)
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I had done little gifting for a few weeks before the CyberMonday sale, and had recieved a few as well. I had set my wishlist up so that it had everything I had not purchased for myself yet on it (this of course included sets). Hubby and I worked it into our budget for me to have roughly 5000 points at the ready for the sale. I stayed up until 2AM when it started, all the while chit chatting with Justine (jkstens) and some others. The second deal was Haute Hip, and I managed to be the first to respond to Justine's thread in regards to being gifted the set by her. That was a really exciting moment. Throughout the day I got to know SenkoLight and Ellide. Well, I wanted to do something really nice for both of them, but wasn't sure I would be able to when all of a sudden... Alexurt dropped the Hewnsman deal into my giftbox! I had never even spoken to her before that moment, and I started crying my eyes out. Thanks to Alexurt, my points had been freed up so that I could gift both Senko and Ellide a set each. It felt so amazing to be able to gift someone such a large gift!

I think I have only been able to gift complete sets like that one or two other times (I know for sure I surprised Whisp with the Gothique set when it was on DD last).

That day really sticks out for me, because of all the fun I had getting to know people in the gifting forums, and all the joy I was able to spread by gifting, and the sheer level of respect and admiration I gained for those who gifted me.

No matter what though, all gifts recieved are in my heart, and all gifts given were a pleasure and a joy.
  • Options
    SheldonlySheldonly Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited January 2011
    shelwass wrote:
    What's your favorite/most stand out memory of either gifting someone else or being gifted?

I know I appreciate all gifts, but my favorite memory was of the first time my wishlist was 'robbed.' I started jumping up and down and telling my mom and my sister that I'd been robbed haha. My sis knew what I meant because she was on the forums at the time too, but I had to explain it to my mom. ;)

As a side note, I remember all the fun of creating goofy animal guards for our wishlists to stop robberies in progress. :lol:

My other favorite memory was getting into a gifting 'war.' I can't remember who it was with, but we just kept gifting each other back and forth for a couple of hours LOL. It was funny.

What great memories! :)

My wishlist has never been robbed, but my favorite gifting memory was when I finally had the chance to buy dumplings and pay it forward! I am so lucky to have been gifted so many times that I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world!
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 51 ||Games Won: 31
    Mafia: 4 ||Third: 7 ||Town: 39 ||Alien: 1
    NK: 19 ||Lynched: 7 ||Alive: 25

• Options
    kazee169kazee169 Posts: 2,984
    edited January 2011
    I have a couple.
    First is when I discovered the gift button, so I gifted my Mom... 5 minutes later She called me yelling at me asking how I did it lol
    Second was after I discovered the gifting area.. I posted my WL... and had like 12 gifts in my box when I woke up! I didn't expect to really get anything.. I was in tears.
    Third, the first full set I was gifted, I was screaming and scared the crap out of the hubby! I remember the Hubby was not happy being woken up to me screaming about sims LOL
    Fourth, my beaver guard was the greatest fun!
    and Fifth, when I gifted my first gift to someone I didn't actually know in Rl. It was the greatest feeling ever!

now that I have made a list LOL I love all the moments and the great people here. Those are just a few of my favorite moments.
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2011
    When I first started to post on the forums I got my first gifts from Blu & Alex. It was amazing. I never felt so grateful and just wow, very thankful. Other people who have gifted me after that have been very especial as well.

The messages included with the gifts also are very welcoming and make the gift that much especial.

Surprising others from time to time is fun for me as well ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    II think I have only been able to gift complete sets like that one or two other times (I know for sure I surprised Whisp with the Gothique set when it was on DD last).

That day really sticks out for me, because of all the fun I had getting to know people in the gifting forums, and all the joy I was able to spread by gifting, and the sheer level of respect and admiration I gained for those who gifted me.

No matter what though, all gifts recieved are in my heart, and all gifts given were a pleasure and a joy.

I remember that and it was so so so awesome of you cherryberrybloo!!! Lol and I love that you call me Whisp lol!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    II think I have only been able to gift complete sets like that one or two other times (I know for sure I surprised Whisp with the Gothique set when it was on DD last).

I remember that and it was so so so awesome of you cherryberrybloo!!! Lol and I love that you call me Whisp lol!!!! :)

Whisp is just so much easier to type! Plus, it sort of sounds whimsical, or fantastical. :) That's Also why I encourage people to call me Bloo, Four letters is easier than 15!
  • Options
    SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had done little gifting for a few weeks before the CyberMonday sale, and had recieved a few as well. I had set my wishlist up so that it had everything I had not purchased for myself yet on it (this of course included sets). Hubby and I worked it into our budget for me to have roughly 5000 points at the ready for the sale. I stayed up until 2AM when it started, all the while chit chatting with Justine (jkstens) and some others. The second deal was Haute Hip, and I managed to be the first to respond to Justine's thread in regards to being gifted the set by her. That was a really exciting moment. Throughout the day I got to know SenkoLight and Ellide. Well, I wanted to do something really nice for both of them, but wasn't sure I would be able to when all of a sudden... Alexurt dropped the Hewnsman deal into my giftbox! I had never even spoken to her before that moment, and I started crying my eyes out. Thanks to Alexurt, my points had been freed up so that I could gift both Senko and Ellide a set each. It felt so amazing to be able to gift someone such a large gift!

I think I have only been able to gift complete sets like that one or two other times (I know for sure I surprised Whisp with the Gothique set when it was on DD last).

I remember that moment, A set I really wanted and was trying to figure it in the budget. Then made jokes of waiting till hubby had his meds and was doped up then smooch the CC with some excuse.

It made my day and made me cry.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bloo!!! Just wanted to try it out! :) lol and I agree Whisp does sound whimsical I think I may creat a sim named Whisp now. :) maybe I'll make a sim called Bloo too and they can be room-mates/best friends &/or sisters! :):):)

• Options
    kazee169kazee169 Posts: 2,984
    edited January 2011
    Bloo!!! Just wanted to try it out! :) lol and I agree Whisp does sound whimsical I think I may creat a sim named Whisp now. :) maybe I'll make a sim called Bloo too and they can be room-mates/best friends &/or sisters! :):):)

Or you can make her: Whisp Bloo!!! lol
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2011
    yeah, well I almost fell off my chair too when kirby414 bought me Barnacle Bay!:)
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited January 2011
    yeah, well I almost fell off my chair too when kirby414 bought me Barnacle Bay!:)

aww how sweet! :D

he's such a sweety! He bought me a set for my birthday and wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and i was like AWwwwwww!! ^_^

Connash gifted me BB :D i was like :shock:
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2011
    All though I appreciate all who gift me a LOT!! I would say my best "memory" or gifted moment was when Jaunty gifted me close to 100 items!

Wow! Even if it were just a bunch of 25 pt items that's insane! Ha ha :P

Personally I was amazed when ScubaLass gifted me the entire Ultra Lounge Living set! It was the most expensive set on my wishlist (BB is a world so I don't count that) and I never expected to actually get it. My jaw dropped! I'm very thankful, the set should come in handy when decorating apartments.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    All though I appreciate all who gift me a LOT!! I would say my best "memory" or gifted moment was when Jaunty gifted me close to 100 items!

Wow! Even if it were just a bunch of 25 pt items that's insane! Ha ha :P

Personally I was amazed when ScubaLass gifted me the entire Ultra Lounge Living set! It was the most expensive set on my wishlist (BB is a world so I don't count that) and I never expected to actually get it. My jaw dropped! I'm very thankful, the set should come in handy when decorating apartments.

It was pretty awesome! She is the best! Thank you Cindy/Jaunty!!!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm amazed about every time I'm gifted a set. It has to be the best feeling in the world. On a couple of occasions I was gifted a set just because someone liked something I said on the forum. There's nothing better than receiving a compliment along with a set. It's wonderful!
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2011
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I'm amazed about every time I'm gifted a set. It has to be the best feeling in the world. On a couple of occasions I was gifted a set just because someone liked something I said on the forum. There's nothing better than receiving a compliment along with a set. It's wonderful!

Hehe, true. :) Although someone once gifted me a set and told it me it was because they liked something I did/said on the forum...only I had no recollection of doing it. LOL. I was very grateful for the gift, but a little concerned that they'd mixed me up with someone else and gifted the wrong person. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SenkoLight wrote:

I remember that moment, A set I really wanted and was trying to figure it in the budget. Then made jokes of waiting till hubby had his meds and was doped up then smooch the CC with some excuse.

It made my day and made me cry.

Oh, Senko, you posted just as I was shutting down to go to bed! *hugs* I knew you would appreciate it! I also felt you deserved it. :) It was the very first set I ever gave... So I have you to blame for my gifting addiction, methinks!

Whisp, if you make a Bloo sim, she needs to have either red or blue hair (the preset red is perfect, or a blue anywhere between Cookie Monster and military dress blues). :D That would be interesting, seeing a sim based off of someone's impression of me. I would download the pair in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bloo - I'll create the pair (Whisp & Bloo) and upload them in the next couple of days! Maybe you could do the same and we could compare.. That could be funny! :) Ooo...so excited now!
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2011
    I guess mine would be of Kerby with all his little funny messages that he left with the gift... It was special !