Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wondering when the next EP will be announced? Any hopes of what it might include?

Comments

• Rud3Rud3 Posts: 699
    edited January 2011
    weather
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Each game they give us hints, so I think this hint is fog.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2011
    Everett wrote:

While these are all good suggestions, I doubt any would actually be included. :(

The forumers do offer suggestions which are great and funny, oddly enough none get into the actual EP. :?

Because they have had their own ideas on it for a long, long time. I have a feeling that later, as in four or five EPs down the road, they're going to do a suggestions thing. Because distant as many think EA is, they have been a little bit more involved with the fans this time around.

A teensy bit haha :lol:

A suggestions poll/vote would be nice to see, maybe for the voting options a forum member can have the ability to select various poll options and the top first/second would be official to be included in game.
  • LewisJ12LewisJ12 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Nofravell wrote:
    I miss University and Pets the most. I think that they would work very well with the sims 3. Ofcourse the wouldn't be the same as they were in sims2 but some features could be done so muck better with sims 3. for instense;

There could be other animals then just cats, dogs and birds. How aboys some lizzards, geckos or mabey farm animals?. There could be a lot of new professsions (no rabbit holes here thanks) like Vets, Dog trainer, Zoo workers or even doggiewalkers for teens. You could perhaps take your animals to compete in animals shows or have afun play date in the park with other familes.

University, the endless oportunities! Live on campus and study fulltime, take nightclasses, work extra at the pet shop. Take an Art class just for the fun of it. Study hard and earn extra points,flunk in class and get kicked out. Take asummerclass in litterature (perfect for seasons). Study to become a Vet or a Doctor. Learn economics so you can take over the family business.

Personaly I think next EP is seasons, mostley because of the outdoor stuffpack that comes out next month.

I completely agree! Especially with the part about more than just cats and dogs.

In fact, the other day I got thinking and I wondered if when we do get a Pets EP, we would also get animals like cows, pigs, or sheep.. Or what about lions, or zebras?

It sounds a little far fetched but I think that it would be perfect for many of the world creators out there like myself. I'd love to be able to have a world based in the african savannah with lions, elephants and other animals!

I loved how bizarre TS2 was and I just hope that they can bring some of that back with the next EP ( Alien abduction, anyone?)!

But yeah, Seasons would be great for the next one. But I also have to agree that a disasters EP would make the game be waaayyy more exciting. Again, making it more bizarre! :D
  • DreadWizardDMDreadWizardDM Posts: 194 Member
    edited January 2011
    My speculation is that it is going to be weather based.

What I would like to see (provided it actually is a weather EP)

1. All the seasons represented well with extreme weather conditions.
    Lightning storms, thunderstorms, tornado, hurricane, tsunami, volcano, blizzards, heat waves.

2. Climate based activities.. Ice fish, build snowman, snow angels, snowball fights, suntan, build sandcastle, surfing, rake leaves, jump into leaf pile, etc etc.

3. Wants / motivations based on weather: IE.. get struck by lightning, go to the beach, see a tornado.

4. Bring back fears!

5. More jobs and career options that are not rabbit holes.

6. Vacation destinations.

• BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited January 2011
    MiCA3L4 wrote:
    I'VE GOT IT!

High school. You make the posse's, have prom and what not. Be able to fight, more descriptive though. Like slap goes to punch, then fight, and always have one person win. It's cliche, but it would be extremely fun.
    We already have highschool - that's the school were teenagers go to, when they go to school every day (except saturday and sunday of course) Too bad it's only a rabbit hole
    I wonder why you enver noticed :shock:
  • MiCA3L4MiCA3L4 Posts: 665 New Member
    edited January 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    MiCA3L4 wrote:
    I'VE GOT IT!

High school. You make the posse's, have prom and what not. Be able to fight, more descriptive though. Like slap goes to punch, then fight, and always have one person win. It's cliche, but it would be extremely fun.
    We already have highschool - that's the school were teenagers go to, when they go to school every day (except saturday and sunday of course) Too bad it's only a rabbit hole
    I wonder why you enver noticed :shock:

Yes, I know. I want to be able to play my sim while their in school though.
    I already got into waaayyyy too much 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for posting something about it though.
    So just ignore it, Lol.
  • MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like a weather ep
  • Cynlynn812Cynlynn812 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would really like to see pets. I was thinking it would be cool if there were veterenarians, animal shelters, dog catchers, farm life, dog shows. It would give many more job options and would even be cool if you had cows to get milk. I thought the animals really tied the families together. Sure there were a few things that could be better then the sims 2 pets but thats why its now sims 3 right? I think its a great idea, I would much rather see pets before seasons. You can do much more with a pet then you can with the weather, many more interactions and everything. And since I work at a shelter myself for the jobs it could start off with Kennel Attendent (cleaning the kennels) then up to adoption partner (placing the dogs in homes) then animal control officer (i dont think i need to explain that one) then vet assistant (assist vet duh) then maybe veterenarian, there are very many ways it could go, and thats just shelter jobs, there could be farm jobs and ways to become a judge for the dog shows and such. Maybe even have cowboys and cowgirls, have rodeos. Really, animals can make any lifestyle better. For night life you can own a little bat maybe for the vampires, have wolves =). Well, thats my opinion.
  • Donniebra32Donniebra32 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I think all of our ideas are great and I would like to see them all added!!
  • DarkEyedAngelDarkEyedAngel Posts: 9
    edited January 2011
    Weather or Pets.

:]
  • mynanluvsrpatzmynanluvsrpatz Posts: 602 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love an expansion with all those ideas on it, and it has all the stuff the sims 2 had! :D ! But most of i'd like pets, especially weird ones like dragons or elephants!!!!
  • HollyhawkHollyhawk Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like to see seasons return, I hate having no weather. It is dull. I would also like to see a pets expansion, and someone else mentioned family theme parks. Imagine if EA Games approached one of the theme parks to help finance an expansion pack that allowed sims to vacation at Disney or Magic Mountain. It would be a great business deal for EA and an awesome addition to the game.

I also wish fervently that they do not make a SIMS 4. I just want them to continue improving on 3. I own SIMS, SIMS 2, and SIMS 3 and all of their expansion packs(thousands of dollars invested). I would add whatever I had to to this computer to continue making room for more expansion packs. I have even bought a newer computer so that I could play these games.
  • HollyhawkHollyhawk Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Nofravell wrote:
    I miss University and Pets the most. I think that they would work very well with the sims 3. Ofcourse the wouldn't be the same as they were in sims2 but some features could be done so muck better with sims 3. for instense;

There could be other animals then just cats, dogs and birds. How aboys some lizzards, geckos or mabey farm animals?. There could be a lot of new professsions (no rabbit holes here thanks) like Vets, Dog trainer, Zoo workers or even doggiewalkers for teens. You could perhaps take your animals to compete in animals shows or have afun play date in the park with other familes.

University, the endless oportunities! Live on campus and study fulltime, take nightclasses, work extra at the pet shop. Take an Art class just for the fun of it. Study hard and earn extra points,flunk in class and get kicked out. Take asummerclass in litterature (perfect for seasons). Study to become a Vet or a Doctor. Learn economics so you can take over the family business.

Personaly I think next EP is seasons, mostley because of the outdoor stuffpack that comes out next month.

I would love a University but I would like to not have it as a seperate place to go, it would be better if it was in the same town.
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like an expansion that would allow sims to do more 'stuff.' for high level sims with close to max skills, the game is easy, and I'd like a game that dumps tons more skills, hobbies,and expands existing character interractions as well as giving us more foods to cook, books to read, and surprises.

I don't want any MINI games. *GRR* But I would like a game that unlocks new skills when you say.. max out cooking or whatever.

There was a poll a while back about what new world people would like to see. I wonder if that will be part of the expansion.

My vote would be for something which would allow farming. Then you cuold include animals and weather in the mix.
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't want weather at all. I just want pets desperately o____o
    Weather will most likely be next
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited January 2011
    Phatti wrote:
    LuckySky wrote:
    The Sims 3 next EP release date was there too. The release was May, 10 2011. But it's not official until it's been announced to the public. And no there wasn't a title yet for the game. It just said Sims 3: episode 4.

I hope it gets renamed Sims3: Episode 420.

There are a couple of teen delinquents in my current Sims family who I think would really appreciate that! :lol:
    :lol:
  • babyang0707babyang0707 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    since there are butlers and babysitters i would like to have live in nanny's..

I would love a live-in nanny! Thats the only reason why i hired a butler; they said he would take care of the babies (the butler cooked way too much for me though).

I would love the seasons thing too. That would just require much more space on my computer or something.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2011
    since there are butlers and babysitters i would like to have live in nanny's..

this is what I do with the butler, move him in, controll him into your household, you've got a level 10 cook, a highly efficient cleaner and a nanny combined already, you don't need to hire a maid extra, cos the butler is now free of charge!:)
  • ladiejokerladiejoker Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I would love Pets! I have been waiting so long for pets and they should add werewolves since we now have vampires.

Also I would love for magic and more urban clothing like Urbz cause that my favorite of all the sims franchise.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't care what EP is next the only thing
    I'm looking forward to is more interactions
    and for things to be more...spontaneous. :shock:
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2011
    ladiejoker wrote:
    I would love Pets! I have been waiting so long for pets and they should add werewolves since we now have vampires.

Also I would love for magic and more urban clothing like Urbz cause that my favorite of all the sims franchise.
    Most definately ! :wink:
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited January 2011
    But when will they announce it, how soon did they announce Late Night after Ambitions???
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2011
    seasons was a good ep, but my fave for ts2 was OFB. And most of us agree we are tired of rabbit holes when it comes to places like restaurants. Wouldn't it be nice if your inventor sim could open a shop to sell his/her creations instead of just selling them to the consignment store?

Your great cook could open a bakery, your gardener could open a produce STAND! There would be so much they could add to ts3 with and Open for Business type EP.

And of course magic was my favorite from ts1 so anything like that I would love as well...

ps Speaking of produce stand, weather could be added to and OFB type EP

YES! I miss OFB, this is the type of open-ended gameplay I would like to see, Seasons was nice, but the best part of it, we already have.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• creepyfreak9creepyfreak9 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2011
    How about an official nude patch for us adult players? I've always wondered what how hung some of my Sims are. That one is a hunk.