Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wondering when the next EP will be announced? Any hopes of what it might include?

Comments

• simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    octo, thats a STUFF PACK, not an expansion pack
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    Medieval isn't an expansion back. Its a whole different sims game.
    edited January 2011
    Its not even a Sims game as we know it >.>
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2011
    A Medieval game with the Sims label attached. :?
  • Mimi18MariaMimi18Maria Posts: 170 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Weather would be nice. I've seen a lot of topics that have suggested historical in the past. I still think that sort of thing would be really cool.
  • MiCA3L4MiCA3L4 Posts: 665 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Personally, I think most of the stuff is the EP's should be included in the actual game. But, I guess they make more money. I would really like to see a tattoo shop, that wasn't part of the spa. Lmao. With the ability for you to create your own without having to download a bunch of ****, and piercings. Including gauges. I can never make a sim that actually looks like me. >:( It would also be cool to see a hair salon. Even though you can click on a mirror to change appearance, there should be more options at the hair salon.
    edited January 2011
    MiCA3L4 wrote:
    Personally, I think most of the stuff is the EP's should be included in the actual game. But, I guess they make more money. I would really like to see a tattoo shop, that wasn't part of the spa. Lmao. With the ability for you to create your own without having to download a bunch of ****, and piercings. Including gauges. I can never make a sim that actually looks like me. >:( It would also be cool to see a hair salon. Even though you can click on a mirror to change appearance, there should be more options at the hair salon.

But then that would make all the money we spent on Sims 2 go to waste, because Sims 3 ended up having all that. Wouldn't work well..
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    MiCA3L4 wrote:

But then that would make all the money we spent on Sims 2 go to waste, because Sims 3 ended up having all that. Wouldn't work well..

Sims 3 doesn't have any of that.
    They have the tattoo's connected to the spa, and if you want to create your own tattoo you have to go through ******** downloading. They don't have piercings, and no hair salon.
    edited January 2011
    You misinterpeted. I was speaking hypothetically. If Sims 3 was to have all the Sims 2 stuff, then the whole journey of buying Sims 2 expansions would have been pointless. And they would have been a Long time to make game, so I really don't see it working out like that.
    edited January 2011
    There's already an expansion with all of that for sims 2?
    I didn't know, but it would be so much more convenient if they made stuff from reality like that in the actual game.
  • cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited January 2011
    Personaly I think we are getting weather(I hope Im right) I think all the stuff packs fit well with the expansion that went with them, HELS went with Ambitions FL went with Late Night. I think outdoors living will go with a weather expansion pack. Its just something I notices but I could be wrong and just could be drawing expectations...I hope we get weather and not have pets and weather combined
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    octo, thats a STUFF PACK, not an expansion pack

my mistake
  • DemonSweetieDemonSweetie Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2011
    MiCA3L4 wrote:
    Ambitions has tattoo parlors and salons for stylists. No new piercings though.
    edited January 2011
    I'VE GOT IT!

High school. You make the posse's, have prom and what not. Be able to fight, more descriptive though. Like slap goes to punch, then fight, and always have one person win. It's cliche, but it would be extremely fun.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    You misinterpeted. I was speaking hypothetically. If Sims 3 was to have all the Sims 2 stuff, then the whole journey of buying Sims 2 expansions would have been pointless. And they would have been a Long time to make game, so I really don't see it working out like that.

That doesn't make any sense. The Sims 2 is a completely different game and is played for different reasons.

Having "gone through that journey" I'd much rather have all of that on the base-game at default instead of impatiently waiting forever and spending another few hundred dollars.

There actually isn't a bigger slap to the face after going through that journey and spending all of that money than getting the sequel and it lacking everything you paid for.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited January 2011
    Everett wrote:

While these are all good suggestions, I doubt any would actually be included. :(

The forumers do offer suggestions which are great and funny, oddly enough none get into the actual EP. :?

Because they have had their own ideas on it for a long, long time. I have a feeling that later, as in four or five EPs down the road, they're going to do a suggestions thing. Because distant as many think EA is, they have been a little bit more involved with the fans this time around.

A teensy bit haha :lol:
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love a college stage like that was in 2. I loved the extra life stage that you could have, all the dating gene pool. I doubt that they could really put one in with the ever aging town ... but university was one of my favorite EP's.
    edited January 2011
    Gruffman wrote:
    I would love a college stage like that was in 2. I loved the extra life stage that you could have, all the dating gene pool. I doubt that they could really put one in with the ever aging town ... but university was one of my favorite EP's.

Why wouldn't it work? We already have the young adult life stage, couldn't it work like this: You gotta enroll at a college before you age up. Once you have enrolled, after you next birthday you'd go to college. They could enroll some teenagers at town to college when they are ready. Of course, I understand that wouldn't be enough college goers, but they could also add computer-generated Sims to campus. When they graduate they would either be deleted from the game, or if your sim has developed a friendship or romantic interest with said Sim, then they could move into your town.
    edited January 2011
    Gruffman wrote:

I'm not too big on EP's, but after I hear all the stuff you can do I should invest. What game is it for?
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love to see a family themed EP come in. Maybe theme parks and/or carnivals, preschool option for younger kids, more interactions for the little ones and such.

Romantic options are definitely lacking and would fit nicely with a family EP. Weather would go great in it too. I just don't want Seasons again, basically. If they're going to put weather back in the game, I want something new coming with it.

This. We already got gardening and fishing with the base game so EA can't just put weather in an EP and call it a day. It could end up being as disappointing as TS2 Pets was. That was pretty much a stuff pack with pets tacked onto it. Blending in with family-oriented/daytime activities as a contrast to Late Night would be perfect. :)
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2011
    I miss University and Pets the most. I think that they would work very well with the sims 3. Ofcourse the wouldn't be the same as they were in sims2 but some features could be done so muck better with sims 3. for instense;

There could be other animals then just cats, dogs and birds. How aboys some lizzards, geckos or mabey farm animals?. There could be a lot of new professsions (no rabbit holes here thanks) like Vets, Dog trainer, Zoo workers or even doggiewalkers for teens. You could perhaps take your animals to compete in animals shows or have afun play date in the park with other familes.

University, the endless oportunities! Live on campus and study fulltime, take nightclasses, work extra at the pet shop. Take an Art class just for the fun of it. Study hard and earn extra points,flunk in class and get kicked out. Take asummerclass in litterature (perfect for seasons). Study to become a Vet or a Doctor. Learn economics so you can take over the family business.

Personaly I think next EP is seasons, mostley because of the outdoor stuffpack that comes out next month.
    edited January 2011
    I would love to see a family themed EP come in. Maybe theme parks and/or carnivals, preschool option for younger kids, more interactions for the little ones and such.

Romantic options are definitely lacking and would fit nicely with a family EP. Weather would go great in it too. I just don't want Seasons again, basically. If they're going to put weather back in the game, I want something new coming with it.

This. We already got gardening and fishing with the base game so EA can't just put weather in an EP and call it a day. It could end up being as disappointing as TS2 Pets was. That was pretty much a stuff pack with pets tacked onto it. Blending in with family-oriented/daytime activities as a contrast to Late Night would be perfect. :)

Now that you've made me thought about it, I reckon that a family-oriented expansion pack could include pets in it. I mean, most families seem to have either a pet dog or cat, so I could see them working very well together.
  • KMKingmanKMKingman Posts: 269
    edited January 2011
    I love everyones ideas. A good family EP would be nice considering a lot of people usually do have families they play instead of just one sim. I absolutely love the idea of being able to take them to a carnival. I can just imagine our sim riding a ride and getting off of it and throwing up lol
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like weather as well.

These are a few things I'd like to see in that EP

-setting the climate, and how long each season is
    -activities for each season (including being able to swim in the ocean and lakes)
    -suntanning, sunburning (skin tone makes a difference), sunscreen
    -a new need for sims, which would be how warm they are (warming up by putting on a jacket, going by the fire, doing a special little "warm jog" thing, LOL, folding their arms) (changing into a short and tee shirt, swimming, going into air conditioning, sweating).
    -new traits including "cold freak" and "heat box" (I'd be cold freak, LOL).

I'd also like an EP combining family life and romance, since those things are lacking in this game.

Yes I would really like weather too: D
    Only this time more real,
    Thunderstorms
    Heavy rain
    If you was out in the rain you would get soaked, even hair too
    Or getting soaked by a passing car: D
    Swimming and water sports for all the family :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited January 2011
    I honestly don't know why Sims 3, or even the Sims 2 base game doesn't have rain.