Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wondering when the next EP will be announced? Any hopes of what it might include?

Usually they release new expansions within 6 months of each other. Just figured it has been about 3 months since Late Night was released. I am very curious to know what fun is in store for us. I know I will just have to wait like the rest of you but what would you like to see next?

Just a few things I would like to see in the next EP
Weather

More community lot options- i for one would like to see a day care center you can take your children to. I know there are babysitter and butlers for that but I absolutely hate it when my babysitters leave a mess in my house and over half the time they didn't even take care of my kid.

More jobs that are not rabbit holes.

Please share your thoughts

Comments

• Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't know why but I have a feeling it's going to be a Seasons type EP! I would want that the most, even though I really shouldn't buy another EP because I don't want to overload my laptop...
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like weather as well.

These are a few things I'd like to see in that EP

-setting the climate, and how long each season is
    -activities for each season (including being able to swim in the ocean and lakes)
    -suntanning, sunburning (skin tone makes a difference), sunscreen
    -a new need for sims, which would be how warm they are (warming up by putting on a jacket, going by the fire, doing a special little "warm jog" thing, LOL, folding their arms) (changing into a short and tee shirt, swimming, going into air conditioning, sweating).
    -new traits including "cold freak" and "heat box" (I'd be cold freak, LOL).

I'd also like an EP combining family life and romance, since those things are lacking in this game.
  • JennieL759JennieL759 Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2011
    I keep checking every day to see if they release info on the next EP.

I hope it has to do with Weather. I also would like to see something new, like farming. I think it would be interesting to have Sims run a farm.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2011

-activities for each season (including being able to swim in the ocean and lakes)
    -a new need for sims, which would be how warm they are (warming up by putting on a jacket, going by the fire, doing a special little "warm jog" thing, LOL, folding their arms) (changing into a short and tee shirt, swimming, going into air conditioning, sweating).

I'd also like an EP combining family life and romance, since those things are lacking in this game.

While these are all good suggestions, I doubt any would actually be included. :(

The forumers do offer suggestions which are great and funny, oddly enough none get into the actual EP. :?
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2011
    Everett wrote:

While these are all good suggestions, I doubt any would actually be included. :(

The forumers do offer suggestions which are great and funny, oddly enough none get into the actual EP. :?

I know...I tend to throw them out there anyway :?. But once I suggested something to be done with aquariums, of course my idea was more intracit, but we got the big aquarium in LN. It was probably just a coincidence though :lol:.
  • simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    Sims 3: Disasters

I'd LOVE that expansion. It could contain aspects of Sims 2 seasons, with the added idea of natural disasters, that drastically affect your gameplay. Such as flooding, hail, cyclone etc. It should make the game a bit more unpredictable (I mean, I don't even have to try, and all my sims complete their full life). I also understand ambitions contains earthquake, but it's not about Disaters is it. And it's not as likely to happen.
  • Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:

I'd LOVE that expansion. It could contain aspects of Sims 2 seasons, with the added idea of natural disasters, that drastically affect your gameplay. Such as flooding, hail, cyclone etc. It should make the game a bit more unpredictable (I mean, I don't even have to try, and all my sims complete their full life). I also understand ambitions contains earthquake, but it's not about Disaters is it. And it's not as likely to happen.

Honestly, I could live without flooding in the Sims 3 :P I'd rather not have to worry about a new natural disaster every day.

However, I did enjoy someone's suggestion of setting the length of different seasons. I always felt like it rushed in Sims 2.
  • MissBeckersMissBeckers Posts: 1,058 New Member
    edited January 2011
    since there are butlers and babysitters i would like to have live in nanny's..
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, there’s been a leaked release dates for lots of games coming out. The Sims 3 next EP release date was there too. The release was May, 10 2011. But it's not official until it's been announced to the public.
    And no there wasn't a title yet for the game. It just said Sims 3: episode 4.

So it could be announced with in the next within the next few months.
    edited January 2011
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    simo7mate wrote:

Honestly, I could live without flooding in the Sims 3 :P I'd rather not have to worry about a new natural disaster every day.

However, I did enjoy someone's suggestion of setting the length of different seasons. I always felt like it rushed in Sims 2.

I don't mean every day, I mean like every 7-20 days. So the entire expansion wouldn't be able the disaster, but also seasons. I think combined would make a great expansion. And perhaps have an option if you want to disable disasters.
  • PhattiPhatti Posts: 39
    edited January 2011
    LuckySky wrote:
    The Sims 3 next EP release date was there too. The release was May, 10 2011. But it's not official until it's been announced to the public. And no there wasn't a title yet for the game. It just said Sims 3: episode 4.

I hope it gets renamed Sims3: Episode 420.

There are a couple of teen delinquents in my current Sims family who I think would really appreciate that! :lol:
  • CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited January 2011
    While I don't understand the hype, I believe that either Pets or Seasons will be next.

And if I had to bet money, I would say more likely seasons.
  • lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:

You just made me remember the disasters in Simcity (4?). I spent many joyous hours building a city, populating it with sims 1 sims and then when I ran out of money or got bored, the hand of god would come out and I would choose a way to trash my city. :lol: They got attacked by giant robots (servo's for anyone who remembers), invaded by aliens and giant volcanoes formed and erupted. :twisted:
  • blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love to see a family themed EP come in. Maybe theme parks and/or carnivals, preschool option for younger kids, more interactions for the little ones and such.

Romantic options are definitely lacking and would fit nicely with a family EP. Weather would go great in it too. I just don't want Seasons again, basically. If they're going to put weather back in the game, I want something new coming with it.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2011
    seasons was a good ep, but my fave for ts2 was OFB. And most of us agree we are tired of rabbit holes when it comes to places like restaurants. Wouldn't it be nice if your inventor sim could open a shop to sell his/her creations instead of just selling them to the consignment store?

Your great cook could open a bakery, your gardener could open a produce STAND! There would be so much they could add to ts3 with and Open for Business type EP.

And of course magic was my favorite from ts1 so anything like that I would love as well...

ps Speaking of produce stand, weather could be added to and OFB type EP
  • Hellz_AngelHellz_Angel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited January 2011
    It seems to be an assumed consensus that it with either be Seasons/Weather or Pets (im going to laugh myself silly when its neither). If the 3/6 month ratio rings true, six months from October would make it somewhere between March-May (exactly 6 months is April) so we should be finding out soon.
    <3 JD & LC 3-20-13 <3
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    Jamesmc93 wrote:

LOL certainly not everyday but the occasional natural disaster would be funny. I've only seen a meteor in game once during my 5 months of playing the game. The game really needs more randomness. The life changing/ruining kind. It should be optional of course. And PLEASE PLEASE more interactions with new animations for the family! Might as well have a family full of young adults with the way the game is now.
    edited January 2011
    Jamesmc93 wrote:

The game really needs more randomness. The life changing/ruining kind. It should be optional of course.

Exactly why I suggested Disasters to be part of a season based expansion. The game, although fun, is so predictable, and although you have to work to get them to the top of their carear chain, it feels impossible NOT to live a full life. I go to my family tree... EVERY sim reaches the elder state. Whereas in an interesting story, there might be a child that died young, and a young adult during pregnancy. Make the game more unpredictable, EA, the game's a tad bit to easy.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2011
    This is driving me up a wall. They're usually at least leaked by now.

Of course, I REALLY want/need it to be Seasons. Particularly because 1.) the game is no fun to me without them 2.) I want this nonsense idea of combining Pets and Seasons to be put down once and for all.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really feel as though if they combine Pets and Seasons they would only end up ruining both. Late Night was supposed to combine two of Sims 2 ep's together, though I forget which they were supposed to be, and well... it sucked. They should really focus on one thing at a time.
    edited January 2011
    Actually... Late Night combined a Sims 2 expansion with a Sims 1 expansion

Sims 2: Nightlife

The Sims: Superstar.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really feel as though if they combine Pets and Seasons they would only end up ruining both. Late Night was supposed to combine two of Sims 2 ep's together, though I forget which they were supposed to be, and well... it sucked. They should really focus on one thing at a time.

Exactly.

That's why we don't want to see it happen. EA does not have a good track record here. Pets and Seasons are ideas that are very important to a lot of people. They can't be ruined like that.

It would be an incredibly dumb thing for EA to do for many reasons. So everybody just needs to stop suggesting it. I'm sorry, but it's a terrible idea.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited January 2011
    I they will probably announce it in February or so, becuase they announced LN about 3 months before it came out, and it also seemed that they announced Ambitions 3 months before it came out.
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited January 2011
    But it says it will be released Feb 1.... *scratches head* kinda weird.
    Amazon has never lead me astray lol :)