Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

putting late night buildings in other worlds

Hello all. Haven't been on here in all looong time. But I need help. Since I got the Late Night expansion, I have been trying to put some of the buildings - like the clubs, bars, etc. into the 2 original worlds, but it seems like I can never find land flat enough. It's almost as if I would have to get rid of half my population and demolish their houses to put the buildings in that I want. Can anyone help me on this? If I can't get it done, there is no way that any of my sims will be able to have a lot of the wishes and lifetime wishes.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    you have to add new empty lots, as most of the regular ones are too small.
    or, you could build custom clubs, bars, and lounges, to fit into your town better.

i find custom buildings work much nicer in the suburban type towns anyway
  • nanna021nanna021 Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks. I tried putting empty lots on them so I could put in those buildings, but like I said, the ground is too uneven. I was trying to avoid making my own buildings. Guess I have no choice. Thanks anyway.
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2011
    If your in Riverview, this will fit perfectly in the "All the Rave Warehouse" because that's what I made it from, It is the "Rave" dance club, and my Simmie's love it! If you'd like to Download it there's no cc. (except store stuff) :D

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3594419

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    you CAN place them, you just have to sometimes make sacrifices. (depending on the world) ive had to move or bulldoze other things to make room for some of those high rises. they are such odd shapes.
    and yeah alot of towns are not customizable-friendly. i hate trying to place a lot and its all bumpy and wierd and doesnt even connect to the road..

they could have done a bit of a better job with the lot placement tool
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2011
    nanna021 wrote:
    Hello all. Haven't been on here in all looong time. But I need help. Since I got the Late Night expansion, I have been trying to put some of the buildings - like the clubs, bars, etc. into the 2 original worlds, but it seems like I can never find land flat enough. It's almost as if I would have to get rid of half my population and demolish their houses to put the buildings in that I want. Can anyone help me on this? If I can't get it done, there is no way that any of my sims will be able to have a lot of the wishes and lifetime wishes.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi: you pretty much do have to move things and families around. I moved or got rid of Sunset Valley families I never played, demolished their houses and placed the lots for three clubs, the studio, and several apartment buildings - the apt. bldgs are easiest because they're smaller. It took a while but it looked good when I finished.
  • nanna021nanna021 Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks, all, for your input. Demolishing houses and families is not something I wanted to do, so I will have to go with the first one.......create my own - except for the Rave.