Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCs Keep Moving Into My Future Home

I dont really know where else to put this question but since I am playing on Late Night, I thought to put it in here.

Anyway, I recently built a house fit for a celebrity and my two male Sims (partners) live in an apartment in the heart of Bridgeport, now I worked really long and hard on this property for them but am planning to move them in once they have enough money (it is worth 500,000) and when one of my sims fulfills his lifetime wish (CEO) and the other fulfills his lifetime wish (Actor and Celebrity) however, I am constantly at a evicting war with random NPCs constantly moving into the house that I built, almost all of the time! It is so annoying!

Is there anyway I could block from NPCs moving into my future home instead of constantly evicting them without losing any of the furniture?

Comments

• Options
    Alexy777Alexy777 Posts: 346
    edited January 2011
    I think turning it into a Community Lot that's No Visitors Allowed might keep them away. You could just change it when your Sims move in. But save the home to your bin, first. I'm not sure whether that gets rid of the furniture or not.

Or you could just save the house to your bin, take it off the lot, and put it back on when you want your Sims to move into it.
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Changing a home into community no visitors doesn't bother it at all when it comes to furniture. I do this all of the time to prevent NPC's from moving into future homes as well.
  • Options
    RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have never tested this, so may not be helpful, but you can click on the front door (and all other entrance doors) and lock it when your editing a lot. Be interesting to see if your NPC squatters turn up with crowbars! :D
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the help everyone! How do I save it to the bin though because the bulldoze icon will destroy the house right?

I will try the No Visitors Allowed too.
  • Options
    Alexy777Alexy777 Posts: 346
    edited January 2011
    mitsuhoney wrote:
    Thanks for the help everyone! How do I save it to the bin though because the bulldoze icon will destroy the house right?

I will try the No Visitors Allowed too.

Click on the lot icon in Edit Town, and there should be an icon with an open folder and an arrow pointing inside the folder. Click that, and you'll get a pop-up. Unless your Sims are doing something important, then click the X. If they aren't, go for the check mark. After some processing it should be in your bin.
  • Options
    avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2011
    I find this annoying too. I just let an NPC move right in. Then when I'm ready for my family to move in I just join them in(I think it's called merging households) and then evict the NPC or kill them off. That way the house is mine and I have the NPC's money too.
    B)