Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Charity Gift Shoppe ♥♥♥ - CLOSED! - ♥♥♥ Thank you posted - Page 41 ♥♥♥

To everyone: I am updating the 2nd post (below this one) so we have a list of who we've already sent gifts to.

Before nominating someone please take the time to see if they are on that list. If they are on the list, they should not be nominated again. :wink:

♥♥♥ Charity Gift Shoppe ♥♥♥ - Lost Our Lease - Moving Sale - Everything Must Go!

Some good things must come to an end. After forty years of serving the community in this location, we are sorry to inform you that The City has condemned our old building and we must close. We are moving to a new location that is being built for us seven miles away in Twin Peaks. We are very pleased with the progress on the new building and we are on schedule to reopen in our new location sometime in late spring or early summer.

We have been pleased to donate most of our larger appliances and furniture to the local homeless shelter, the teen recreation center and the charity kitchen we support. Our games and electronics have been given to the community senior center.

However, we still have on hand many smaller items, lots of decorative things for the home, shoes for all ages, clothing for elders, art work and some baby items. Our stock includes our much sought after specialty -- the critically acclaimed work of several of our local artists, including floral arrangements, oil and acrylic on canvas works, photographs and other dazzling delights.

We have to be out of our present building in four days so everything must go! We must liquidate our stock no later than closing time, January 12.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Safety Rules and Guidelines

These are planned for the well-being and safety of all of our guests. Please read carefully to avoid confusion.

This giveaway is especially for those who have little or no access to The City Mall (SimPoints and the EA Store) but everyone is welcome.

You may post that you would like some items and we will try to accommodate your request. If there are a couple items (from what we have available) that you want the most, it would be most helpful if they are at the top of your shopping list. Otherwise, we may just surprise you. Quantities are limited to stock on hand. First come, first served.

Because of the possible crowding we ask that you only make one visit for yourself but after that you are welcome to return for friends, one at a time.

If you bring a friend, please make yourself welcome on the patio outside because we want to follow the limits established by the Fire Marshall. There may be some goodies out there from time to time.

While you are a guest of Charity Gift Shoppe, please don't abuse the store or any volunteers. Please be considerate of the others in line. No pushing and shoving allowed.

Management reserves the right to set limits on the quantity of goods available.

Again, we have to be out of the building by January 12 unless management deems the shelves are empty before hand.

♥♥ Special Note: Volunteers are welcome to participate. All donations will go to those in need. We couldn't do much without our staff and we appreciate your faithful service for all these wonderful years. If you choose to pass out an item or two please post who you have given merchandise to so we can maintain inventory control.

♥♥ Special Request: We ask that you inform us here once you've received your delivery. (Please do NOT start new threads in the forum to say thank you.) If one of our volunteer helpers has made a delivery for us, we appreciate you informing us here, at the store. Management wants to be aware of all community members who might help out with this worthy cause and we'd like to be able to acknowledge their generosity here.

♥♥ Simple English: If you would like a little gift or maybe two, post here. After you get your gift(s) you may come back and ask for a gift for your friend. You may do that again, asking for a different friend until our "store" is closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♥♥♥ If you have not already done so, we ask that you might consider signing a petition we are sponsoring at this location. Thanks to all our loyal customers for your faithful support through the years.♥♥♥

Lovingly & Joyfully Sponsored by
♥♥♥ Charity Gift Shoppe ♥♥♥
where we put love in your gift

A great big thank you with a hug goes to my friend, Jarroda, for helping me to see this plan through, for offering feedback and oversight to this little project in order that it might be worthy of advertising in such a fine establishment as this community website. If this Moving Sale is a success, he shares the credit and if it fails, well, we've done our best and it's probably the fault of that obnoxious pest Liam.

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thank you to the Staff of the
    ♥♥♥ Charity Gift Shoppe ♥♥♥
    and all the Volunteers!

From my opening post-- ♥ A great big thank you with a hug goes to my friend, Jarroda, for helping me to see this plan through, for offering feedback and oversight to this little project in order that it might be worthy of advertising in such a fine establishment as this community website. If this Moving Sale is a success, he shares the credit and if it fails, well, we've done our best and it's probably the fault of that obnoxious pest Liam.

We did it, Jarrod! :mrgreen: Countless thanks, my friend!

A huge thanks to everyone who volunteered at this community-wide event! For those of you who jumped in (without ever being asked to) and just started pitching in with all the work, we are all touched by your generosity and this sell-out event became a huge success because you gave!

I know I will overlook a few in this list so I apologize for that right now. I especially want to thank our staff: Besides Jarroda, let me introduce Ellide, AndrusGifArlen, proudmama4boyz, bvrly, LilZairaGrace, blacksheba1973, mcgranor and LoveEvil. This was a success because you gave!

Another great big thank you to the pinch hitters who generously helped support this charitable cause -- Yoda65, fulia_j, Animista, Imoger, Elfen3Warrior, crinrict, Alexurt, KayYield, gngrsnp, MsLadyTSO, Puddinroy and others who stood by with encouragement, kept the volunteers well-fed, helped pass out gifts and found other creative ways of giving.

Hats off to all of you! This was a success because you gave!

Look for the Grand Opening of the ♥♥♥ Charity Gift Shoppe ♥♥♥ in our new location upon completion of the building in late spring or early summer.

Thanks to everyone who brought the people to our attention who needed some things, those who have little or no access to The City Mall (SimPoints and the EA Store), for whom this event was especially promoted. I won't name you because you are too many to name. :mrgreen:

This post will be edited to include anyone whose name I might have missed.

List for pages 1-42 of those who have been sent gifts
    from the ♥♥♥Charity Gift Shoppe♥♥♥ :

Please check this list before nominating someone in case they are
    already on the list.

List for pages 1-10 of those who have been sent gifts

cherryberrybloo
    BethWood01
    Storix
    Hollerama
    TheGreatGorlon
    smartalec02
    Bluewolfling27
    169wow
    mEgA32306
    bandcampsquirrel
    MSladyTSO
    Simbologist
    whisperingtruth
    Neena608
    Mystik1978
    NyghtQueen
    Izziebelle
    nerdygirl1818
    DemiSan
    yoda65
    TigMagick
    Gouka
    Heather_Thompson
    Ellide
    anabiazon
    somechick1001
    Donnafelipe1
    Judiland
    EMPRESSPAMELA
    Metallicjunior
    fire331
    KayYield
    kazee169
    JLSimberry
    shelwass
    Jorge10dc
    AmberM66
    kransper
    BlueMurder
    NiteBeast2
    proudmama4boyz
    Sharonj
    Nh6650
    userkitty1969
    Justine165
    AndrusGifArlen
    Pary
    DarkMirage
    Neena608
    The_Purple_Plumbob
    Pancakelicious
    Kikiii101
    SciFiWarlock
    illusie
    Sheldonly
    Suresammi
    CaptainTHPS4
    GingerSim
    Gargantua29
    kweenkatz
    Bliss87
    becleach
    candyheartsny
    LilZairaGrace
    shirleyfriberg31
    WELSHMINX
    aMisguidedGhost

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

List for pages 11-20 of those who have been sent gifts

PurpleBubba
    Abdulhadi
    SenkoLight
    Jojo777
    tallcoolone
    Coffeechick0
    kitkris13
    Izabelli
    bvrly
    FeliciaB84
    sweetstuff_bri
    EniracY
    raraud
    CUTEBINA
    irz095
    Reachsims
    MBernish
    KLorelei
    AdiCohen
    AngieBastien
    3jsand1r
    Purnikki
    Sandy0038
    gngrsnp
    TDC95
    tori104
    sugar_cookies
    Erja888
    anettesb
    aarcher22
    BECKYBOOXXX
    Fergie13yrs
    MaryJos
    krimsonnox
    Mintyfresh0009
    fulia_j
    vulnerableviolin
    Okadoka
    SuperPogimon
    romagi1
    Jenieusa
    Sabrosa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

List for pages 21-30 of those who have been sent gifts

SchndlPlayer
    itsjulie
    mcgranor
    Animista
    Blacksheba1973
    Jaunty
    mene
    Saraluptowski
    maria_loves_alex
    midnightpearl
    chiaopi
    SharonQ27
    imoger
    atreyough
    somechick10011
    Saide7
    miitxn29
    kelren837
    FlowingWater
    darkwolfalika
    addvampkitty
    Simsfreak711
    annaangel23
    Neena608
    Evolution2k7
    lisamwitt
    Megness
    jadeyb123
    Banky007
    GriffNix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

List for pages 31-40 of those who have been sent gifts

SuttiPutt
    7Deadly5ins
    LoveEvil
    kazee169
    goderpt
    kezza11178
    Bel008
    MissJennaKate
    Meluv_Cookies
    HappyHaunt1000
    AdventurousPair
    Sarah3120
    jadeyb123
    KCAngel727
    stellamayfair79
    cutepuppy101
    LilyXinyi
    Tweety5401
    JennineMDW
    Elfen3Warrior
    AnnieBonnie007
    TwilitePryncess
    Niralyn
    teddymanic
    Valgon57
    Euby
    lightnspeedracer
    SammieD3456
    duckcat82
    Abbeydabbydoo96

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    List for pages 41-42 of those who have been sent gifts

Puddinroy
    Tinkerball
    BlueMurder
    ilikepie12345
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This... is... awesome! I can't begin to express how much I love the way you are doing this! *big hug*

As for that... I'll be popping back in to do some shopping for friends.

(If you REALLY want to gift me something, you can, it isn't like I can stop you... but you don't HAVE to, I don't expect it. I'd rather be able to come back and get things for worthy friends!)
  • BethWood01BethWood01 Posts: 623
    edited January 2011
    My friend Storix has very limited access to shopping of any kind. It would be lovely if he could become the recipient of any of your fine merchandise.
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2011
    This is really cool Reachsims!

If anyone wants to gift me (and you don't have to!) anything is good for me! xD <3 thanks ^w^
    edited January 2011
    I'd rather be able to come back and get things for worthy friends!

We can use the help! Thank you for honoring our community. Your gifts should arrive soon.

A little ♥ love gift ♥ for you
    from all your friends at the
    ♥♥♥Charity Gift Shoppe♥♥♥
    edited January 2011
    BethWood01 wrote:
    My friend Storix has very limited access to shopping of any kind. It would be lovely if he could become the recipient of any of your fine merchandise.

Please ask Storix to break down any one of his sets so we can better accommodate his needs. :D
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2011
    If someone was kind enough to gift something to me, I would be extremely grateful! Also, it's a pity the Charity Gift Shoppe has to close, it sounds like a wonderfully fabulous little place!
  • smartalec02smartalec02 Posts: 393
    edited January 2011
    wow!awesome thoughts!

i would appreciate it if i could get any nice furniture~
    my sims is out of nice furniture >.<

p/s- anything would be lovely actually!all gifts are from the heart, so anything is awesome!hee~
    edited January 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    BethWood01 wrote:

Please ask Storix to break down any one of his sets so we can better accommodate his needs. :D

Will do! Haven't seen him this evening though... :(
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    I'd rather be able to come back and get things for worthy friends!

We can use the help! Thank you for honoring our community. Your gifts should arrive soon.

Thank you so much! I'd like to report that the item arrived with all pieces present, and nothing was broken! I appreciate your fast delivery!

I'm gonna go take a nap in that lawn chair over there while my friend Whisp takes a peek inside. I told her she might be able to find a lamp, as she has a great need of some extra lighting in her home. Do you suppose you could help her find one?

• Bluewolfling27Bluewolfling27 Posts: 366
    edited January 2011
    I am completely a volunteer to gifting those in need!
    edited January 2011
    BethWood01 wrote:
    My friend Storix...

You have been sent some things for putting other people first. Your gifts should arrive soon.

• 169wow169wow Posts: 904 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Reachsims, this is just a wonderful thread. I really wish the best for you and your family. You are always so kind!
    (Sorry if that sounded kinda creepy. I didn't mean it too.:-()

Edit(s): I would like to put a simmer down, her persona is mEgA32306, her page link is below...
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mEgA32306
    edited January 2011
    Hollerama wrote:
    This is really cool Reachsims!

You have been sent some things you need. Your gifts should arrive soon.

edited January 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    BethWood01 wrote:
    My friend Storix...

You have been sent some things for putting other people first. Your gifts should arrive soon.

Ah thanks! They were lovely! My little goth neighbor will love her new shoes, and I have been quite enamored with that gate for some time!
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2011
    This is so cute Reachsims :P Anything that you can spare is greatly appreciated...I will be able to sponsor some next week, if you are still doing it, but i am low on sim points and poor, lol :(
    edited January 2011
    If someone was kind enough to gift something to me, I would be extremely grateful! Also, it's a pity the Charity Gift Shoppe has to close, it sounds like a wonderfully fabulous little place!

We are scheduled to reopen. Please break down any one of your sets so we can better accommodate your needs. Then get back in line, okay? :D

EDIT: Never mind. I was able to talk a buddy into getting you that haircut you so desperately need. I think I sent it to your address on Fourth Street (the fourth page). :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2011
    p/s- anything would be lovely actually!all gifts are from the heart, so anything is awesome!hee~

You have been sent some things you need. Your gifts should arrive soon.

• MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited January 2011
    Reach and Jarroda, What a wonderful game! Again! You come up with the most clever games, Reach :)

I noticed you have several items that would work just great for my friend Simbologist - if you could visit her with a gift that would be lovely!

Oops I failed to give you her address!

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Simbologist

I visited your shoppe just last week, so I don't need anything at this time personally!
  • jarrodajarroda Posts: 414 New Member
    edited January 2011

I'm gonna go take a nap in that lawn chair over there while my friend Whisp takes a peek inside.

For you, Whisp! Your items are being prepared for shipment as we speak!

edited January 2011
    BethWood01 wrote:
    Will do! Haven't seen [Storix] this evening though... :(

He's in bed. Sleeping. He's sure to see your post in the morning. Thank you for putting others first. I hope you enjoy your two gifts from the store.
  • jarrodajarroda Posts: 414 New Member
    edited January 2011
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    for my friend Simbologist

Her gift is on it's way!

edited January 2011
    Tired little Storix...

I forget that I'm behind everyone else time wise sometimes...
  • smartalec02smartalec02 Posts: 393
    edited January 2011
    yeay!Thank you so much!!!this shoppe is the best ever~
    can you gift her too?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Neena608
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited January 2011
    What a great idea Reach! Please do not worry about me since I have a wonderful hubby who buys me points from time to time however my real life sister is a single mother and not nearly as lucky as me, she would benefit greatly from such a cause.

> http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NyghtQueen

Thank you so much for your kindness and if there is something I can do for your cause please let me know!