Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I delete The Sims 2

I was wondering if I should delete The Sims 2 prior to installing my new game?
Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167

Comments

• judhudsonjudhudson Posts: 336 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That would be up to you personally. Ask yourself these two questions:
      Do you still play or plan to play TS2?
      Do you have room on your harddrive to keep both games?

If you answered yes to both, keep the game on there! If you answered no, then you now know what you must do :)

Keep in mind that having both games installed will not use your system's resources unless you run the actual game. Only thing it'll use is harddrive space for both.
  • indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks judhudson. I can answer yes to both questions. I am so excited about this game. I was waiting for an answer to my post before I left the forum. Now I can install my game. YIPPY

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited June 2009
    As Jud said, having both games on your computer will not use extra system resources as long as you don't run them at the same time. However, the more you put on your harddrive, the longer it takes to bootup, initialize programs, and shut down. As long as you are only running the Sims 3 when you are playing, you should not see any decrease in performance.

Ed

I just wanted to let you know, indpntsim, that I am a water conservationist! lol!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just to let everyone know I did install The Sims 3 and did not uninstall The Sims 2 and it is running fine. I wouldn't be able to run to games at once anyway. No problems with installing The Sims 3 and it is running well. Came back to download the other neighborhood and I will play that neighborhood for awhile. I am so excited!!

• NingKNingK Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, after trying out the exciting new features I know I will be uninstalling Sims 2 sometime in the future but definitely not now. I am rather attached to my custom content in Sims 2. Sims 3 has lots of exciting new features but my Sims 2 sims are stylish and look better, living in more beautiful homes.
  • JubileeJubilee Posts: 129 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I kept both too and it's going great. Sims 3 lags LESS for me!
  • JaNi83179JaNi83179 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you have the room keep it. If you do not save a copy somewhere else and uninstall.
  • Kennybenny19Kennybenny19 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just know that The Sims 3 is a much better game to explore your creativity and to have more fun, So why would you want to back to something that is less.
  • bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i did and it was def. worth it. my comp runs faster and this new game dosnt take up as much space. weird huh lol. but the only think i really am annoyed with is the fact there isnt any sim modder or tombstone see i like 2 use cheats cause i hate sitting there while my sims read dumb books lol.