Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

problem with aging

When I try to age up toddlers the 'have birthday' action won't end. They become deformed after blowing out the candles twice and me using the resetsim cheat twice. Then they will sit like toddlers but their elbows and knees will poking out and their thumbnail will change to a child. The option to choose traits and the box telling you they've aged never comes up. When they walk around, they look normal, but when they aren't moving, they are deformed. After I 'plan outfit' they usually go back to normal.

Then when they age to teenagers, the 'have birthday' action does the same thing, I can't choose traits, and no box pops up. Again, I have to try two or three times and use the resetsim cheat. They end up looking like midgets with severe underbites. :lol: After I 'plan outfit' they will look normal, but they will still go to Elementary School and have only two traits.

When they age to Young Adults, they aren't deformed, but I have to try about two times. However, a box will pop in the corner, saying the school bus will come to pick them up, and instead of saying 'Unemployed', it says 'Elementary School'. The bus will never come and it will say they are skipping school.
I have only encountered this after installing LN. I have no mods or custom skins, but some CC clothing and hair. This is making the game unplayable, and I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

(btw: I also posted this in the 'Possible Bugs forum. No one was helping and I was too impatient. :lol: )

Comments

• Options
    HiIdkWatThisIsHiIdkWatThisIs Posts: 205 New Member
    edited January 2011
    bump... :?:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well ****.
    :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    lol p o o p is a bad word :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SoaraAntana3SoaraAntana3 Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Almost everyone is having this problem. The patch doesn't fix anything retroactively but it will probably be fixed with the next stuff pack or the the next expansion. Try evicting the family and moving them back in.