Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I crazy?

who else likes laundry in the game or am i just crazy? lol

i guess cause i play for realism and have been wanting laundry since sims 2 i am loving it. i have not used the dryer yet cause my sim is eco friendly but i think its cute the way the clothes flow into the hamper, the way the washer beeps when its done washing, and how the clothes drip dry on the clothesline. the positive moodlets my sim gets from clean clothes and fresh sheets.

anyone else like the laundry feature?

Comments

• Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yea I do. I always wanted there to be a washer and dryer system. However I now wish they didn't have it at times lol. Cause I have soon discovered that pretty much anywhere a sim can get naked or change clothes will quickly stack up a pile of dirty clothes. And I usually have a major pile in small bathrooms where I can't get a hamper in. And also I've been discovering lately if the washer is busted quite a few of my sims will get soaked and wind up dripping water all over the house. Beyond that it's great. The clothes line and dryer is geat too.
  • Options
    ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I love the laundry, except from when it gets piled up...
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited December 2010
    I like it, especially the gnomes.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited December 2010
    Havent had the laundry gnome yet but probably cause my sim dont have a dryer.

i do like when the laundry piles up though cause its more like real life with it.

i wish they would make front load washers, the dryers you see clothes drying in and stackable washer/dryer sets for small places so they would be good space savers.
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited December 2010
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    Havent had the laundry gnome yet but probably cause my sim dont have a dryer.

i do like when the laundry piles up though cause its more like real life with it.

i wish they would make front load washers, the dryers you see clothes drying in and stackable washer/dryer sets for small places so they would be good space savers.

Oh I know. The crazy places some washing machines and dryers are located in the houses is just crazy to me. I mean I had one 4 bedroom house in Bridgeport that was pretty decent size. And the bedrooms all fit nicely as did the two bathrooms. But the weird thing was that in the downstairs bathroom was the washer and dryer. Which I was like are you serious? Who wants to listen to the washing machine while they are going to the bathroom. And it would always cause a bit of a conflict when I would have one family member want to do laundry while someone else was in the bathroom. So I always thought it would be great to have a separate room for the washing machines and the dryer. Guess I will have to learn to make a basement in one way or another for that to happen.
  • Options
    kazzysimskazzysims Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    I love the laundry feature because my female sim is always cleaning up after her husband and daughter. It's just like real life!
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2010
    I love the laundry
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2011
    I like it too as long as there are plenty of hampers for the clothes to go into. I hate seeing those piles of clothes on the floor.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    my poor sims had the cheap washer on back porch deck with a clothesline. a basement would be a good spot for it too.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2011
    Love the laundry, I want closets too!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    omg, i forgot about the closets in sims 2. i loved having those, and yea i would love to see them back too.
  • Options
    GardeniaBloomGardeniaBloom Posts: 411 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I used to love laundry, but now I haven't played it for a while. I guess I'm a bit lazy... However I'm thinking of starting playing of laundry again, as I had a lot fun :)
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't think you're crazy.

But me? I just don't like doing it rl and in sim 3 too. I'm really happy it's optional-well in Sims 3 at least.
  • Options
    Ayane1376Ayane1376 Posts: 485
    edited January 2011
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    who else likes laundry in the game or am i just crazy? lol

i guess cause i play for realism and have been wanting laundry since sims 2 i am loving it. i have not used the dryer yet cause my sim is eco friendly but i think its cute the way the clothes flow into the hamper, the way the washer beeps when its done washing, and how the clothes drip dry on the clothesline. the positive moodlets my sim gets from clean clothes and fresh sheets.

anyone else like the laundry feature?

i do but i want the clothes line.. ive been looking for it everywhere D:
  • Options
    FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2011
    OMG i love doing laundry! It's cool especially when the washer machine makes those little sounds when the clothes is finished washing.

What we need is sims be able to iron their clothing and have a closet as well<33
  • Options
    Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2011
    I love doing the Laundry in my game. So in real life while I am playing the Sims I really do the Laundry each and every Saturday:D I let my clothes at home pile up because I can't see my self after 10 hour work days doing it during the week. And there is no way I let my Husband are my sons touch it. I am a control freak:D (I don't want everything pink:lol:)
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i would like to see the closets too and ironing would be funny but yet optional. like they could get an extra mood boost if they iron the clothes.
  • Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, no, I'm Crazy (*snickers*).

But naw, I like the laundry feature. :)
  • Options
    fire331fire331 Posts: 1,638 Member
    edited January 2011
    well i like the moodlet it gives everyone, but otherwise not really
  • Options
    krizia1234krizia1234 Posts: 241 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Ehh...Laundry is OK. i wish there was a setting so that you could Toggle Laundry.
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2011
    I am about to get ambitions and i am just really excited over the laundry :mrgreen:

Like I cant wait!!!