Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to edit a finished world?

rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
Hi all!

I finished my first world a couple of weeks ago and initially play-tested it back then. The problem is that I wasn't thorough enough: some of the the fishing spawners I placed in my world are too high (on the ground level rather than the sea level) and therefore do not work.

Is there a way to edit this in game (by changing the sea level or by moving the spawners down)? I'd really like to keep playing the family I've moved into the new world, but I also want to be able to fish for ocean fish. Is there any way to edit the world and still have my family playable? I guess not, but I though I should ask anyway...

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2010
    Ramble, it`s a shame about your world turning out the way it has. The best thing you could do is save the families to your library and go back into CAW (if you can) and move the spawners so that they function. Make sure the grid is off when you place the spawners.

Maybe test out your world after you do this by test-exporting it then use a sim to go fishing. If all is well, add your families back. I know it`s not the best arrangement, but at least you will be able to play your world as you wanted to.

Just remember to delete the previous version of your world by uninstalling it via the launcher, then deleting it from your Exports and Downloads folders and by emptying your World Cache folder.
  • rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Johnnywr: Thank you for your advice.

I couldn't figure out what the actual problem was with the fishing pond, as it wouldn't work whatever changes I made. I had to move the salt water area to a new location but it works now, and I'm glad I was able to move my family to this "new" world.

I'll definitely test my next world more carefully...

Thank you again!
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2010
    If you have the CAW files already, that's probably the best way to fix it. If you don't, you can check out this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416989