Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night or Ambitions?

Hello- I recently re-bought my Sims 3 game since my original one (plus World Adventures) were lost in a house fire. Now I'm debating whether or not I should get Ambitions or Late Night because I really need an expansion of some sort. I know these posts are tedious and annoying but I seriously have no idea which one I should get so let me know your opinion!

Thankyaa 8)

Comments

• ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi! Sorry to hear about the house fire. If I had to choose only one, gosh, there is so much I like about both expansions....I will say this, if you love vampires, and the club aspect, LN would be good...a lot of good clothing, hair and objects also, if that would appeal to you...if you would like more career choices, then Ambitions...In my very humble opinion, there is more to LN that I like...hope this helps...Merry Christmas! :D
  • WvMISKAvWWvMISKAvW Posts: 459 Member
    edited December 2010
    JayFirefly wrote:
    Hello- I recently re-bought my Sims 3 game since my original one (plus World Adventures) were lost in a house fire. Now I'm debating whether or not I should get Ambitions or Late Night because I really need an expansion of some sort. I know these posts are tedious and annoying but I seriously have no idea which one I should get so let me know your opinion!

Thankyaa 8)

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your house fire. :(

Ambitions or Late Night? Hmmmm . . .

If you like to play your Sims as singles, and not start large families that take a lot of free time, then I'd say Late Night. Ambitions is great, but the new Professions require a lot of one-on-one direct interaction with your Sim when he/she is 'on the job' which takes away from a lot of time that the Sim could be spending on raising a family.

Of course, you can raise a family in Ambitions, but it's a good idea to have one Sim at home or in a 'regular/ rabbit hole' job, and another in one of the Ambition professions. I don't see how both Sims in a relationship could have one of the new Ambitions professions and still be successful at raising a family.

With Late Night and in Bridgeport, if you want your Sims to live in a high-rise, make sure that they keep their families on the 'small' side, since most of the living quarters in high-rises are rather small; unless your Sim(s) are wealthy, then they can afford a larger high-rise/ penthouse with 3/4 bedrooms . . . there is even an apartment with 6 bedrooms if I'm not mistaken.

In the end, I suppose it all boils down to 'how' you want to play your game. :)
    "If you cannot be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    If you like to play games that focus on a single sim then move on to another game after whatever personal goals you have set for that sim have been met or you like to move from sim to sim in a neighborhood or you like partying and urban life with less focus on families and multi-generational games then Late Night is a good choice.

If, on the other hand, you like developing multi-generational sim families and developing families in a more sub-urban or rural neighborhood then get Ambitions.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Everyone's talking about LN, which makes the game all about the YA life stage where you can go partying and encounter vampires, but in Ambitions you can do laundry...
  • JayFireflyJayFirefly Posts: 427 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks guys, late reply!

I ended up buying late night first and loving it, couldn't help myself and bought ambitions as well.

For sure like late night better. Ambitions adds a lot of great aspects but I never get tired of making my Sim a celeb.

Thanks for all the input guys!
  • philip_lo21philip_lo21 Posts: 163
    edited January 2011
    good decision.. buying both expansions.. ^_^ have fun..