Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Heightmaps Here.New map on page 3...

Comments

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2010
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:
    Forgive me, people, but what in God's Donkey is a heightmap..? :shock:

God has a donkey?!?

You mean you didn't know..? How d'you expect him to get around, DM? :lol:
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited December 2010
    smiley-laughing025.gif

• Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited December 2010
    Conorsim Oooh, as in what you pick at the start of CAW? Like Height = 300? And Lush/Desert? But why are people sharing them..? Does that mean that they're 'templates' or something of other worlds?
    Some have trouble with sculpting so we share them so they have something to go with. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry about the confusion, I just realized I called the heightmap "Bridgeport _Lite" in the first "Can we share a heightmap?" thread. The link HturnerP posted is the heightmap. If you want, HturnerP, would you please edit it to say just "Bridgeport"? I would appreciate it very much. When you go to the link, it says "Bridgeport 01". It is only 3.8 MB, whereas the actual "Bridgeport_Lite" is 44.49 .MB.
    done. :)
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited December 2010
    I always thought God had a mule, but I must have been mistaken. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2010
    I always thought God had a mule, but I must have been mistaken. :mrgreen:

You're mistaken :P God's Mule was the offspring of his Donkey, and of course, a Mare - we think Zeus owned her or something or other, still researching it - thus resulting in the Mule. And please, oh Lynds please, don't tell me you haven't heard of that bed-time story? :wink:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

I've been cleaning out my files and I found these two old maps I never used. If anyone wants them ... Both are Small but can be made larger.

Yin Yang Map
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kk4nnhkifp5a3lz
    YenYangB.png

Skull Island Map
    http://www.mediafire.com/?y7cy33yxi8ss5l3
    SkullIsland.png

*I included two maps because I'm not sure which is better~ One has higher land.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :)Thanks Rflong7 thous are kinda neat maps.Would be neat to see what some simmers can do with them. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :)I hav a new map for you today Dino World

dinoworld1.png"width=600"
    Link http://www.mediafire.com/?h22qpv66mfgfxcl
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :oops:Double post sorry.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    melinornmelinorn Posts: 115 New Member
    edited March 2011
    this may be a dumb questions? ok I know where to put the maps at but how do you get them into the CAW? steps would really be helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :)OK melinorn All you have to do is start a new world and open one of these Heightmaps that you put in.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HturnerP wrote:
    :)OK melinorn All you have to do is start a new world and open one of these Heightmaps that you put in.

Does it matter the sizes? like 100, 200, 300?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :)It depends on the map the 100/200/300 are the size that you can macke the hills.you could try the different ones at different height and see how they look.Then yous the ones you like.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ok thank you. still new the this CAW thing.. working on my second world.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    :)Hi I didn't like it that every time you start a new world you had to flatten the map before you could do any thing so i made new maps that are not floating over the water.
    I have a picture of what i am saying.From this

flatmapfix01.png"width=600"
    To this
    flatmapfix.png"width=600"
    It is not a big deal but this will save you some time when you start a new world.I have done all the flat maps so if you don't want to yous just the large flat map you can yous any one.They are done with all three heightmap 100/200/300
    I have named them the same as the ea ones only i put fix.01.png for the 100 maps.fix.02 for the 200 map.fix.03 for the 300 map.So they will not over right the ea ones.
    Link to download them...Zip file link http://www.mediafire.com/?usgr0vm8hprkjbz
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    HtunerP when you poasting new height maps.... I'm bad at making them. always start with a square then edit...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    melinorn HtunerP when you posting new height maps.... I'm bad at making them. always start with a square then edit...
    I'm not sere what you are asking please explain a bit.
    But if i am understanding you you would have to start with a flat map and then edit the way you would want it to be.It can be hard to make a new map i just keep trying tell i get something that i like.You just have to yous different size brushes set different shades of white to black.Black is the lowest and white is the heist.
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited June 2011
    if you guys want a crapload of height maps i discovered a while ago that you can use height maps from sim city 4's create a world, if you convert the image to 16 bits.

that games been around for so long, there are literally thousands of height maps including ones based on real world places.

google simtropolis exchange for an example.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :)Thanks DeuceyBaby Ill check it out.
  • Options
    hefruhefru Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Is there a way to export a hightmap from CAW Tool? I have made a terrain and want to expant it, but there isn't enough space left.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    :)Yes you can all you have to is open your world in CAW then go to Terrain.
    exportheightmap01a.png"width=600"
    And export it.you will get a pop up of your Height maps all you have to do is save it.Then it will be in your Height map folder.
    exportheightmap.png"width=600"
    Give it a name and hit save.exportheightmap03.png"width=600"
    exportheightmap04.png"width=600"
    exportheightmap05.png"width=600"
    exportheightmap06.png"width=600"Once you have done your editing with a img editing program and saved it back into your Height Map folder.Just open up your world and hit Import ant it will done.I hope you get what i am saying.I am not to good at explaining things.
  • Options
    Arget-GarjzlaArget-Garjzla Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Hey...
    new to this whole forum thing, so I was wondering if any one had one for Oasis Landing, the future town in Sins 3 Into the Future?

that would be fantastic if you did...

Tanks,

Arget :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey...
    new to this whole forum thing, so I was wondering if any one had one for Oasis Landing, the future town in Sins 3 Into the Future?

that would be fantastic if you did...

Tanks,

Arget :)

Hi :D

They're out there. I think there's a link in the CAW FAQ for a site with all of EA world resources. You can also use a search engine. I believe I saw the empty world upload to the Exchange, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top