Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have disc but lost registration code

I got my computer fixed so my Sims is no longer installed but I can't find my registration code anywhere. what should I do??? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Ashcroft31Ashcroft31 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited December 2010
    now it might be alittle late but there are several way's to contact EA Support

Live Chat over on http://help.thesims.com
    Phone on (650) 628-1001
    or email at customerservice(at)ea.com

choice is yours, but either way you'll need to speak with one of the EA techies not the community about this one
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited December 2010
    go to your start menu, then in the search box type in regedit, click on it ... look for Electronic Arts folder, click on it, click on sims, then click on one game you need the code for, click on the ergc then you will see your code..
  • edited December 2010
    Annadenise wrote:
    go to your start menu, then in the search box type in regedit, click on it ... look for Electronic Arts folder, click on it, click on sims, then click on one game you need the code for, click on the ergc then you will see your code..
    i tired this but i didnt see the sims option. Why ? i dont know please help'
    i really miss playing sims3 i still have the CD but i lost the registration code'
    pleaseeeee HELP !!!! :))))
    :(:(:(:( :? :? :? :? :?
  • glitzyangelglitzyangel Posts: 1,100 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Annadenise wrote:
    i tired this but i didnt see the sims option. Why ? i dont know please help'
    i really miss playing sims3 i still have the CD but i lost the registration code'
    pleaseeeee HELP !!!! :))))
    :(:(:(:( :? :? :? :? :?
    Did you registered your game? EA can help you to get your code back. Anyway contact EA I heard that some people can buy registration code after loosing it but I am not sure. Emailed them or go on live chat and maybe they can help you.

Why people loosing their serials keys??? :shock: Next time write somewhere in notebook every registration code and keep all cd cases in safe place.

And If you are another person who has illegal game and want legal key you will not get it here :evil:
  • S_ReneeS_Renee Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hey I think this may help you....

After you go into your start menu and you type in regedit in the search, you will see your registry...now this is the piece of information you were missing...

You must go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (click it)
    Then go to Software (click)
    Then go to Electronic Arts (click)
    Then go to Sims (click)

below this you will see your Sims games...

For example one will be Sims 3 (this is probably the one you are looking for) click it...

The next folder underneath it will say ergc, when you click that to the right you will see in the window Name Type Data as three different categories the numeric-alphabetic code under the Data column is the number that you are looking for! Then if I were you I would register your game just in case your computer crashes etc. So that it can be recovered by EA!

Hope this helps :) I had to do the same...so I know how ya feel :)
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2012
    Not to fuss, but why are people loosing their CD codes? I keep my disks and manuals in their boxes when I am not using them. Re-installation or getting a new computer is not unusual and it would never cross my mind to throw out the box.

I suppose you could put the code on a sticky label and put that on the disk just to make sure the code cannot be lost.

Anyway, I hope you recover the code. Having to buy a replacement is a bummer.
  • kerrielouisepiercekerrielouisepierce Posts: 17
    edited December 2012
    S_Renee wrote:
    Hey I think this may help you....

After you go into your start menu and you type in regedit in the search, you will see your registry...now this is the piece of information you were missing...

You must go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (click it)
    Then go to Software (click)
    Then go to Electronic Arts (click)
    Then go to Sims (click)

below this you will see your Sims games...

For example one will be Sims 3 (this is probably the one you are looking for) click it...

The next folder underneath it will say ergc, when you click that to the right you will see in the window Name Type Data as three different categories the numeric-alphabetic code under the Data column is the number that you are looking for! Then if I were you I would register your game just in case your computer crashes etc. So that it can be recovered by EA!

Hope this helps :) I had to do the same...so I know how ya feel :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D:lol::D :thumbup: :P :-P :XD: ;-)
    and also thanks you Annadenise for original answer
  • sims3rockslike2sims3rockslike2 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I can't find my ergc underneath my sims 3 and underneath my sims 3 pets. Please help me please
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    edited December 2013
    I read here last week that the registration code is printed in small letters on the inner circle on the disk. I actually looked at my own and it is very small, I didn't check whether it is the same as my code as I was at work with my disc in my Disk Drive, and didn't have the box with the booklet with me. The amount of letters/numbers looked the same.

Let us know.

Well, you can totally ignore this as the number isn't the same, so that goes to show what rubbish people post here.
    I've been caught out on a couple of occasions where someone has given advice and it's been the wrong advice. So, there you go. Shame, I thought we were on to something :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • 4sideath4sideath Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I've done the regedit method that was listed in other forum posts.

1. Type regedit into search. Registry Editor(click)
    2. HKEY_Local_Machine (click)
    3. Software (click)

4. After clicking software, it required some digging to find the Electronic Arts folder, which is under Wow6432Node (click) or at least it is for my computer.

5. Electronic Arts (click)
    6. Sims (click)
    7. There should be a list of Sims 3 games/expansions. Click on the desired Sims folder (click).
    8. ergc (click) and the registration code should pop up under data in the adjacent box of your window.
  • WRECKEDxV3N0MWRECKEDxV3N0M Posts: 2 New Member
    > @4sideath said:
    > I've done the regedit method that was listed in other forum posts.
    >
    > 1. Type regedit into search. Registry Editor(click)
    > 2. HKEY_Local_Machine (click)
    > 3. Software (click)
    >
    > 4. After clicking software, it required some digging to find the Electronic Arts folder, which is under Wow6432Node (click) or at least it is for my computer.
    >
    > 5. Electronic Arts (click)
    > 6. Sims (click)
    > 7. There should be a list of Sims 3 games/expansions. Click on the desired Sims folder (click).
    > 8. ergc (click) and the registration code should pop up under data in the adjacent box of your window.

OMG!! THank you so much I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had to dig
  • DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    here is an idea if you open your origin account and if you have them registered you can go under the my games and download and install the games that way cause the codes are already there :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    here is an idea if you open your origin account and if you have them registered you can go under the my games and download and install the games that way cause the codes are already there :)

That will be a great idea if anyone else happens to pop into this thread for an answer. There was no Origin when this thread got started. But it still has its uses.
  • Mackachoo99Mackachoo99 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @4sideath said:
    > I've done the regedit method that was listed in other forum posts.
    >
    > 1. Type regedit into search. Registry Editor(click)
    > 2. HKEY_Local_Machine (click)
    > 3. Software (click)
    >
    > 4. After clicking software, it required some digging to find the Electronic Arts folder, which is under Wow6432Node (click) or at least it is for my computer.
    >
    > 5. Electronic Arts (click)
    > 6. Sims (click)
    > 7. There should be a list of Sims 3 games/expansions. Click on the desired Sims folder (click).
    > 8. ergc (click) and the registration code should pop up under data in the adjacent box of your window.

I have tried this method, however i believe MySims is different. I can't find my registration code and i need it to install my game. Does anyone have anything that could help me find it?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Mackachoo99 - Afraid I'm a little confused as to what MySims for the PC is exactly as its 2008 release was way before my time, although screen shots I've seen look awfully cute. But hopefully you are aware that the online server driving the multi-player (if that's what it was) or shared features of the game was shut down years ago.
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mysims/mysims#store-page-section-description

Apparently there are reasons to play it without being able to share or connect to a server as it is still currently being sold. If you do not get a response here, as this board is really meant for TS3 in particular, you may want to reach out to EA Customer Support or post on the AHQ board for "Other Sims Games" to see if those there can assist.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/bd-p/other-sims-games-en

If it happens to be the case that you no longer have access to the computer on which you had run a registered copy of the game long ago, then really only Customer Support can help as it becomes an account issue rather than a tech one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top