Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want memories back!

One of my favorite things about TS2 were the Sims memories. I liked to look at them and see what my Sim had accomplished (especially if I'm doing a long-running family, I'm not going to remember). Or I liked moving in NPCs or townies and looking at their memories. And sometimes with my own Sims I'd stop paying attention to them and completely miss what just happened - if you looked at the memories you could figure it out sometimes. I was really sad that TS3 didn't have memories...it doesn't seem like it'd be so hard to put in! What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited December 2010
    Can this will affect sims 3 use in anime?
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    oklahomabelleoklahomabelle Posts: 514 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I would enjoy memories again. I like to switch households and this would be handy! :D
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    edited December 2010
    It would be a great addition to story progession
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited December 2010
    If we do gt memories I would want it so we can mass delete memories we don't want and with the memories we do want they should give us a memory journal that we can write notes beside the symbol of the memory and even add a picture if we want.
  • Options
    Mikey5rMikey5r Posts: 113 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I would love to have memories back. It helps when telling a story and having a family of sims, much easier to keep track of them. And bringing a new sim into the family you can look back into the past of that sim. :shock:
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2010
    Memories would be cool for TS3. I didn't realize how much they came in handy till I started randomly playing townies and realized I couldn't have their backstory like I would like.
  • Options
    AsadBAsadB Posts: 159 New Member
    edited December 2010
    They were really cool,but my favourite use for them was when I should stop playing TS2 for a while and y'know play a new game and then get bored of that and continue playing TS2 and using the "memories" as a reminder of where my Sim was and where I need to make him go...
  • Options
    HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2010
    AsadB wrote:
    They were really cool,but my favourite use for them was when I should stop playing TS2 for a while and y'know play a new game and then get bored of that and continue playing TS2 and using the "memories" as a reminder of where my Sim was and where I need to make him go...
    Same. If I stop playing for awhile, when I come back to the game I usually forget what I've done with a household.
  • Options
    tigger94tigger94 Posts: 242 Member
    edited December 2010
    I also miss memories! :cry: I remember when I played The Sims 2, and I always tried to prevent my sims from ruining their lives, so that all of their memories would be positive. I also liked to look back on the lives of townies (like mentioned earlier) to see what may have happened to them. Memories are a crucial part of real life, whether good or bad! I really wish that they would bring something like this (more improved, of course) back into the game!!!
  • Options
    plumpie09plumpie09 Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2010
    If we do gt memories I would want it so we can mass delete memories we don't want and with the memories we do want they should give us a memory journal that we can write notes beside the symbol of the memory and even add a picture if we want.

That's a great idea. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited December 2010
    i loved the memories too but not when the memories were the same things repeated over and over.
  • Options
    SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited December 2010
    I think it would be awesome to have memories back but bring them a step further. Have the option to create some memories and give your sims skills in CAS. This would make for better story progression, instead of having to build up all that you can dive right into your story! Also I think that other sims in the neighborhood should be able to progress more, get promotions, skills, families etc. and they should KEEP theyre memories and build more when you arnt playing that specific family. One of the biggest things i dont like about TS3 is that you cant switch families without losing almost everything youve done. Obviously they wouldnt have a seperate EP for this but they could add it easily to another one.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    i loved the memories too but not when the memories were the same things repeated over and over.
    That's true. I hated having a memory for each time my Sim met someone. I can tell who they met by looking at their relationship panel! D: But I think that was only really annoying repetitive memory (for me at least).
  • Options
    TrishAKingTrishAKing Posts: 275 Member
    edited December 2010
    I miss memories. My sister plays Sims 2, and I was sorting out something for her, and then I clicked on memories and remembered how much I miss them!

They'd be very useful, when we switch over to a different household!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree! I miss memories too....especially now that simmies actually live a life when we are not paying attention to them. It would be so nice to be able to hop around see what different families are up to and be able to figure things out from the memories.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I agree! I miss memories too....especially now that simmies actually live a life when we are not paying attention to them. It would be so nice to be able to hop around see what different families are up to and be able to figure things out from the memories.
    Exactly! They'd be even more useful in TS3 than in TS2.

By the way, I've downloaded a number of your houses from the Exchange and I think they're really awesome! ^w^
  • Options
    DmoquinnDmoquinn Posts: 748 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Memories could also bring a 'Nostalgic' trait. These sims could reminisce about their memories and often read or look at old things they've kept and get a moodlet when looking at it. For example, a book or painting.
    I like this idea!
  • Options
    MinaM8MinaM8 Posts: 99
    edited December 2010
    Never saw how TS2 memories worked, but its sounds like a great idea...
  • Options
    NicaraNicara Posts: 51
    edited December 2010
    I want these back too! I like to switch households, and sometimes it's like I've never even played with them :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MinaM8 wrote:
    Never saw how TS2 memories worked, but its sounds like a great idea...
    It was just something to look at.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree, but how would they do that now? Isn't it a little late for that? they would have to restore all of our sims memories since when we first started the game.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree withe OP. I loved being able to see what the sim had done in their lives. But then I loved Sims 2 pretty much all around.

Obviously it would have to start from where your game is when you install the update. Nothing is perfect (like when sims created in CAS don't have any family trees)