Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Clumping in One Spot

Hello everyone!

Recently I created my own world with CAW and played through a good few sim weeks without any issues. However, sims that are not in the family I'm playing have started gathering on the theater lot in my town. They can still be intereacted with and go home and go to a job, but they never move other than that. It's become a bit of a problem in that my maid (sometimes more than one at the same time show up at my house) usually does one or two clean-ups and then runs off to join this massive clump of sims on the theater lot. Is there anyway I can fix this? Also I have Late Night installed with that patch and now when I go to a club to fulfill the 'order a drink' opportunity, it's impossible because all of the mixologists are standing around the theater! I've tried turning the game off and on, but there's no change.

Please help,
NinjaGirl11

Comments

• eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2010
    I haven't experiences this one yet, but it seems to be a common problem. I use Twallan's overwatch mod. The latest version included, per his description, "Version 14 - Added an automatic load-up action that drop bogus film career situations which were forcing sims to swarm lots." Another quote from him on his mod site: "What was happening was whenever a user ran a "Promote Movie" and "Hold Audition" situation on a lot, it would continue forever, even after the active sim left the site. I turn off the abandoned situations, stopping it from drawing more sims into the trap." He's a game-saving miracle worker IMO :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited December 2010
    I wonder what kind of movies they are showing at the theater.

geoffx.jpg
    In your pants!

sorry I just couldn't let this go by. There may be a place where npc's go when the ai has nothing for them (library maybe) (or a rabbit hole?) and your missing it in the world you built. Just guessing.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • NinjaGirl11NinjaGirl11 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thank you both so much for replying! eilian, I was wondering where I could get that mod? It sounds like that's exactly the problem I'm having. My director sim did do an audition at the theater and now that's where they are all sticking.
    edited December 2010
    Thank you both so much for replying! eilian, I was wondering where I could get that mod? It sounds like that's exactly the problem I'm having. My director sim did do an audition at the theater and now that's where they are all sticking.

Do an internet search for "NRaas Industries" and the first result should be a page listing all of Twallan's mods. Scroll down till you see "overwatch". I think the latest version is 14? Not sure. Click on overwatch and browse through his description and some of the postings which will help you understand exactly what it does :)
    edited December 2010
    Okay I downloaded the mod and installed it and it's in the game and everything, but I played a full sims 24 hours and the lot is still swarmed. Do I have to put a setting on or something? I've been reading and googling the mod and I'm about to ragequit hah.
    edited December 2010
    I don't blame you! Some of the glitches are just insanely frustrating!

Here's a post from someone on Twallan's overwatch thread: "It took 24 Sim-hours for all the Sims to stop congregating (and one "Reset Lot") but they are now back to their Sim-tastic lives." To which he responded, "That is most likely the film career situation swam error that was being conversed about earlier." So perhaps resetting the lot in combination with using Overwatch will keep the problem from occurring again? Sorry I can't be of more help. I hadn't dealt with the swarming problem before installing overwatch, and I haven't had it since.
    edited December 2010
    How do I go about resetting the lot? You've been a tremendous help really I'm just technologically inept. :)
    edited December 2010
    *bump* I even tried resetsim for every single sim on the lot... they all came back. What do I have to do to reset the lot? I went into edit town and moved it and immediately put it back on its original lot but that did nothing.
  • ilvnyilvny Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2010
    I had a similar problem with the Bridgeport neighborhood. I haven't seen it happen too much anymore. It would occur when a bar closed and everyone would usually be crowded near an elevator or on a balcony. I would have to use testingcheatsenabled true and teleport one of my Sims off the lot because they weren't able to leave due to the crowd.
    edited December 2010
    My sim can get on and off the lot just fine, but the other sims that I don't control all just stick around.

Does reset lot come with MasterController mod???
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2010
    My sim can get on and off the lot just fine, but the other sims that I don't control all just stick around.

Does reset lot come with MasterController mod???

yes it does click on the ground of the lot and click nrass in one of those menus it should say reset lot i forgot which menu it was but be warned andy sims on tht lot wont be on it after you reset it theyll go back home etc.
    p6tqefj