Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you change the butler or maid's outfit?

I was jusr wondering if you could change the outfit they wear while working. I've given them makeovers, but it doesn't affect their work clothes.

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2010
    Not that I'm aware of. Have you tried bumping them? :D
  • Options
    BUFFYWILLOW85BUFFYWILLOW85 Posts: 204 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Bumping them??? :shock: :lol: :shock: For some reason that sounds like woohoo, lol
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bumping them??? :shock: :lol: :shock: For some reason that sounds like woohoo, lol
    Woohooing :lol: Seriously now, bumping is action that allows you to change part of the game that you normally wouldn't be able to. Bumping sounds like woohooing, now that's a good one :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Have you tried taking them to the salon? Or offering to make them over with a salon station?
  • Options
    WvMISKAvWWvMISKAvW Posts: 459 Member
    edited December 2010
    LLee19720 wrote:
    I was jusr wondering if you could change the outfit they wear while working. I've given them makeovers, but it doesn't affect their work clothes.

Yes, with the Twallan's Master Controller mod . . . :wink:

"If you cannot be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yes you can with testingCheatsEnabled true and unlockOutfits on. You don't have to have MC to do it but that does make it easier. My butler originally came wearing a pant suit looking like one of the "Men in Black". I wanted her to look more like a main and changed her into this outfit before I even installed the Twallan's mod.
    Camilla012.jpg

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    LLee19720LLee19720 Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2010
    I've tried those things & they don't work. The people change into their everyday outfits before going into the CAS screen. Where can I get that mod?
  • Options
    SittingDuck119SittingDuck119 Posts: 177 Member
    edited December 2010
    I would like to know if you can change the butler's outfit without a mod. I tried typing "testingcheatsenabled true" and "unlockoutfits on" but that just enables me to choose more work uniforms when using the makeover station. It doesn't change their default clothes because they still change back to the butler outfit eventually. If anyone knows any console commands to allow me to change the butler's outfits permanently, I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited December 2010
    You'd think after three versions and all these expansions EA would have figured out how to make the games top notch instead of sorely lacking in so many ways.

I mean, I still play the thing but they could really make it so much better if they just put on their thinking caps
  • Options
    Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited December 2010
    You'd think after three versions and all these expansions EA would have figured out how to make the games top notch instead of sorely lacking in so many ways.

I mean, I still play the thing but they could really make it so much better if they just put on their thinking caps
    With boots in swimwear and flippers in everyday, I'm guessing their thinking caps are probably regarded as sleepwear!
  • Options
    luisete33luisete33 Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    i just wanna know how blunote00 changed the butler outfit with "testingcheatsenabled" and "unlockoutfits"... for me that´s such an impossible thing... i tried everything, and here there is a genious that have got it by the simplest way to get it... i´m serious, how?? how can i do that??
  • Options
    JinkusuJinkusu Posts: 3 New Member
    7 years later. . .
    Use 'testingcheatsenabled true' on main menu screen.
    Enter game.
    Bring up the cheat window again and type in 'unlockoutfiits on'
    You'll notice that evennif you shift click on your butler and click on edit it still wont let you while they're wearing they're career outfit.

[b]Click on the sim, nraas, master controller, advanced, edit sim in cas.[/b]
    Edit the career outfit.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    JinkusuJinkusu Posts: 3 New Member
    I am so sorry for the spelling and typos in that post, done on a phone. haha :D
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Jinkusu You are forgive for the typos :smiley:

But I am still closing this thread as it is 7 years old.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top