Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Girls: Assignment 2 **JUDGES send your scores please**

3359ll0.jpg

Welcome back ladies and gents to Assignment 2!

Assignment 2- Swinging 60s
vqm8b4.jpg

Well shake it up baby now, shake it up baby. Twist and shout, twist and shout.

Grab those go-go boots because it's time to start swinging in the 60's! It's 1964. Beatlemania was in full force, the bikini was invented and skirts were on the rise via the introduction of the mini-skirt. Where do we find your Calendar girls Twisting, Shaking and even doing the Locomotion? At the beach, office, discothèque, rock concert, Vietnam protest maybe? Use the ideas given or get creative! So come on, every guy, grab a girl, everywhere around the world, there'll be dancin'!

Year: 1964
Month: March
Remember you do not have to use the month but hey if you can pull it off, we definitely won't be complaining! :mrgreen:
Maximum of ONE picture!

DUE DATE: TUESDAY 14TH DEC
No eliminations for this round again but that's no excuse for slacking off :p

My very talented partner-in-simming, sereniticat2, has provided you with an example pic.
6sz3t5.jpg
Groovy baby yeah!

Fashion
Mini-skirts, pencil and pleated full skirts, the "space look", with trouser suits, white boots, goggles, and box-shaped dresses whose skirts soared three inches above the knee. These were mainly designed in fluorescent colours and shiny fabrics such as PVC and sequins. The mini dress was usually A-line in shape or a sleeveless shift. Bell-bottomed trousers were usually worn with chiffon blouses, polo-necked ribbed sweaters or tops that bared the midriff. Nipped in waists, full-skirted ballgowns with low décolletage and close-fitting waists, short plastic raincoats, colourful swing coats, dyed fake-furs, skinny jeans, stilettos, kitten heels, flat boots, headscarves, false eyelashes, thick dark eyeliner, long straight or wavy locks, beehives and very short styles popularized by Twiggy. Blues, greens, and shimmery eye shadows were popular. Psychedelic prints, highlighter colours, and mismatched patterns.

Research:
Fashion
Songs. Just as reference, you don't have to use them
And this video is actually from the 60's on fashion in London. Dancing starts at the 8 minute mark :mrgreen:

What you'll be judged on:

Did you keep to the 60's fashion and location? Is she caught in a dancing pose?

Is your Calendar girl standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
2. No face plastering of any kind.
3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

From Seren: You are welcome to check the math on my scores and if you are unhappy with a score please email me at sereniticat@gmail.com

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
Setting: /35
Overall: /20
Pose: /5
Total: /100
Comments:

Calendar Girls
1. JKA w/India Piercemultistars.gif
2. Simpixie2255 w/ Parker-Rosemultistars.gif
3. simsolated w/Dawnmultistars.gif
4. Blaz w/Cadence Musiquemultistars.gif
5. Sun2401 w/Natasha Rosemultistars.gif
6. rubygal25 w/Mikeala Nicolettimultistars.gif
7. GlamBunny8189 w/Claudia Leighmultistars.gif
8. cupcake w/-Sarafiena Dollmultistars.gif
9. Malieanne w/Breck Michaelssmiley-sad0125.gif
10. Bliss87 w/Sunmultistars.gif
11. Ssjdbzveg w/Chae Leesmiley-sad0125.gif
12. kelren837 w/BeBe Glovermultistars.gif
13. ladyluckO9 w/Braelyn Tinmultistars.gif
14. simslover740 w/Kelsey Hindesmultistars.gif
15. Poida w/Skye Andersonmultistars.gif
16. frasersim w/Destiny Cainsmileyvault-chin.gif
17. kweenkatz w/Juliamultistars.gif
18. amieechu w/Lightningmultistars.gif
19. hamsterlover16 (Rocky) w/Ciara Ashtonmultistars.gif
20. ilovetaylorlatner w/Luchia Raymondsmiley-sad0125.gif

Seen It-smileyvault-chin.gif
Turned In -multistars.gif
Dropped-smiley-sad0125.gif

3244167.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834D72315484F7E7318D59868E1F1AEA18D65223CE6E4BAF89B1

Good luck!!!
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited December 2010
    Scores, Glorious and Nerve-wracking Scores!
    I think I can speak for all four of us that for a no elimination round, this was incredibly hard, you all did such amazing jobs and it's only the first assignment!!
    Please remember, we are here to help and offer advice, not criticise :mrgreen:

Assignment One Scores

The winner of this round is JKAmaryllis! Congrats JK!!

JKAmaryllis

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 40/40
    Setting: 35/35
    Overall: 20/20
    Pose: 5/5
    Total:100
    Comments: Panda, what can I say about this picture? There is so much right here and I can find nothing wrong. I love everything about it. Detail detail detail! From the tree changing colours in the yard to her high cuffed pants and half jacket...to the lettering, it's all just so right. The puddles! I have to mention the puddles! Fantastic!

hush-
    Total: 100
    Comments: So retro! So 50's! I thought it might be hard trying to pull off tomboy in the 50's but wow, you pulled it off flawlessly JK! Great angling with car so it points towards India. All the little details, water puddles everywhere, little bubbles, just brilliant!

Crg-
    Setting: 34/35
    Total: 99/100
    Comments: Oh wow, this is beautiful. I love this photo- wasn't a big fan of the setting- but that barely knocked down your score! Good job!

pixie-
    Comments: Favorite entry, and I love the idea! Everything about this picture seems to be shouting WOW. Great job! Also loving how you got the month on there!

Total For panda- 399

cupcake

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 40 /40
    Comments: This picture is fantastic. This looks like it could be an add or magazine page right out of history. Your attention to detail is fantastic, right down to the paneling on the outside of the house. I love the towels standing by, ready for use. The angel of this pic makes it even more fascinating. Even though you have so many little details in the pic, our focus is still on your model! Great job !

hush-
    Comments: Oooo boy! Sarafiena is just demanding attention is this picture. Her clothes,pose and facial expression is so perfect, dispelling any disbelief that her floors couldn't possibly be that clean. Loving the angle of the picture as it allows you to see her spotless and very 50's kitchen. Awesome job cupcake, she steals my attention every time!

Crg-
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Overall: 18/20
    Total: 96/100
    Comments: This is extraordinary. The only thing I didn't like though was the background and her expression, all though I knew you couldn't really do anything about that.

pixie-
    Total: 99
    Comments: Wow cupcake, the idea and creativity is amazing! The pose is fab and really I can't find anything wrong with your picture, good job :)

Total for Cupcake- 395

POIDA

seren-
    Comments: Poida, where do I know her from? have I seen her in green, by any chance? Well, regardless of where I may know her from, she just looks so sweet in this picture. Her expression could be a mix between, "I am so proud of this pie." and "Honey, you're home and I'm so happy to see you !" Either way, you nailed this assignment for me. I love the font of the text. I love the clean mod yet oddly traditional lines of the furniture. The colouring for the pic as a whole is just lovely and so is her flowered apron. After dinner, is she going to be playing Canasta? I think she may do! Great job

hush-
    Creativity/Topic: 38/40
    Total: 98
    Comments: poida, she looks as sweet as the pie she's made :) A very proud and devoted wife of that era, and the Good Wife's Guide.

Crg-
    Overall: 19/20
    Pose: 4/5
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: Wow. This is wonderful! But, 1) The expression is kinda weird, 2) The kitchen looks to modern for her, and 3) Not to creative, but whatever >.< Good job!

pixie-
    Comments: I had to give you full scores for this! I thought you did brilliantly. Nothing much to say about this apart from AMAZING, also the month is on there always a good thing!

Total For Poida- 395

blazaxx

seren-
    Total: 97
    Comments: Blaz, I really liked this pic. I love the window with the City view and the stormy look to it. I love love the "husband" and the tray of food on the table. I even really love her pose...it's the story that threw me a bit. I like the idea of her actually being a model and this being a shoot gone wrong...but it could have been fitting and really comical to have that actually BE her hubby and maybe he's complaining about the cold cuts instead of a roast for tea. Or maybe there was a Pro-woman article that he didn't like.. But I really think you've done a wonderful job here and I really love this picture!

hush-
    Setting: 33/35
    Comments: Aw Cade, it's not a hideous picture! Very out of the box blaz, I love it. Spot on with that photographer ;) Her cherry apron is oh so cute and reto. Her "husbands" expression is the only thing that put me off ie. creeped the hell out of me lol those sims and their eyes rolling into the back of their head. The scenery through the full length window was so beautiful. Her picture kind of portrays an infidelity on Cade's part, was that what the photographer was going for?

Crg-
    Comments: Wicked! Love it! But something seems wrong, I don't know what, though. But seriously, epic picture. One of my favorites.

pixie-
    Comments: Love the entry and ermm long story but good lol. I think the picture is good and i love how you got the month....

Total For Blaz- 391

Sun2401

seren-
    389Creativity/Topic: 40/40
    Comments: This just blows me away. Typical man, ignoring her, even though, it's clear she got made up glamorously after dusting and met him at the door with his favorite drink! How dare 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Let me tell you Sun what I like in this pic, I like the camera angel, I like the dining nook with all the little extras on the table, I love the man of the house drinking one down, in just the right glass for the era and I love her hair make up and dress. Now, let me tell you what I don't like in this picture- NOTHING! This is fantastic!

hush-
    Comments: I would get another man Natasha :) She looks 50's glamorous Sun! You've got the right style of all the furniture for that decade. Excellent editing with that feather duster, it looks like CC/in game-I wish!

Crg-
    Comments: Wow, so perfect! The only thing weird is that the setting doesn't really match the time... it's more modern >.< :XD:

pixie-
    Overall: 15/20
    Total: 92
    Comments: Me thinks you aced the setting lol. The idea is nice and so was creativity all i will say is that it looks like the feather duster was placed there, rather than blending with the picture, maybe a different pose would have worked.

Total For Sun- 389

Malieanne

seren-
    Overall: 17/20
    Total: 93
    Comments: I love that Breck likes to have a good time, even when doing house work. The little cap, which is adorable, makes her look more like a maid doing someone else's housework instead of her own. Over all though, you've done a really great job! I love that feather duster and the vacuum!

hush-
    Total: 96
    Comments: This picture is so much fun! Gotta love her doing the housework tipsy, which was pretty common then for the wives at home :p And omg you've got a 50's vacuum in there! I love the detail of the pinup poster in the middle of the wall, as if she's aspiring to be one :)

Crg-
    Total: 100/100
    Comments: Not much to say except that I thought this picture was so perfect and amazing.

pixie-
    Creativity/Topic: 34/40
    Comments: Loving everything about this entry, how she is holding the vacume and the duster, great pose, maybe a different angel though?

Total for Malieanne- 382

kelren837

seren-
    Total: 94
    Comments: Lol, do we have a newlywed here or is Bebe just a very good 1950's wife?! I love her expression! I kinda wish you'da stuck him in behind her, that would have really tickled me. I think you've done a great job featuring your model and setting her to her task..though in that outfit I do wonder just how much cleaning she manages to get done. Great job !

hush-
    Creativity/Topic: 37/40
    Total: 95
    Comments: Lol that was a naughty insight into Bebe's life ;) Great posing kelren, surprised, innocent and coy all at the same time! Like the little detail in the background, I don't know why but I love that tile wallpaper. I would've like to seen the broom or some more cleaning supplies, as I didn't really notice it's handle but I think that was because Bebe was just dominating that picture :D

Crg-
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: Everything about this photo gleamed perfection. Though, I read your sentence on the photo and it says Bebe's surprised from her husband- but that doesn't really look like "surprise" and if I didn't read the sentence, the picture would've been confusing. Do you catch my drift? Anyways, good job.

pixie-
    Comments: I love, love, LOVE this entry lol. I like how she is holding the broom and she dresses up... The only thing that wasn'r for me is the red hair, maybe keeping a more natrual color would have looked better as the red hair sorta clashes with the red on her dress.

Total For Kelren- 382

Ssjdbzveg

Seren-
    Comments: She is just so happy to have those freshly washed and fluffy warm cloths! I adore her expression so so much, never have I seen such a happy home maker. Her hair and clothing are perfection..and did I mention her expression? I just so love this pic, I have nothing to fault it for whatsoever. Fantastically done!

hush-
    Comments: Her style is elegant 50's housewife all over! Her facial expression is of a very pleased and content lady of the house. Your picture is very simple but not lacking in detail. The one thing that took away the glamour feel was the walls. They look very grungy and out of place next to the elegant Chae.

Crg-
    Creativity/Topic: 36/40
    Total: 90/100
    Comments: Wow, awesome picture. But I felt like you were missing the "Wow" part. But, good job!

pixie-
    Total: 91
    Comments: Lol's @ her pose, I think it's cute but funny at the same time, the angel and lighting was nice. Your setting was good. You did a pretty good job.

Total for Ssjdzbeg- 377

Frasersim

seren-
    Total: 99
    Comments: Every time I scroll down the page that this pic is on, I just am compelled to stop and stare at it. This is so what I envision the 1950's kitchen, from the little half curtains to the wall paper, just so right to me. I love that she is almost an acrobat, juggling the cake tin and the mixing bowel at once. Her dress and hair perfect! The only thing i would change is that I wish we were a little closer up to her. I understand with the time spent on the set that you really want to show it off though. I'm really impressed with this! Great job!

hush-
    Pose: 3/5
    Comments: This picture is so cute fraser! That wallpaper is dead on for that decade, so is the colour scheme :D

Crg-
    Comments: Wow, you nailed the background! But, I felt like you were missing something in your photo.. Like, it just didn't "Wow" me. I'm not sure, but good job!

pixie-
    Creativity/Topic: 35/40
    Setting: 30/35
    Total: 84
    Comments: Not sure about the all pink lol, but the idea is great and I'm guessing your model was ritch then? I like your setting and your models outfit but again pink...

Total for Frasersim- 370

BLISS

seren-
    Comments: I really love this! This so speaks to my girly nature, all the bright yellow, the bubbles the apron. Wow. Oh oh- the sparkle on the plate! ya know, I didn't even notice that she wasn't smiling until i read what you said. I don't mind her expression, maybe she takes clean dishes very seriously! Really, I can't fault anything with this pic. Fantastic job!

hush-
    Setting: 32/35
    Comments: Sims facial expressions can be completely frustrating! I usually get "Smiling Idiot Syndrome". Where my sims face is frozen in this creepy smile and they don't move their mouths when they talk or kiss, just that weird frozen smile expression. Usually typing "resetSim Sun (her last name)" into the cheat box helps reset their face. I'm useless at editing so I can appreciate the effort into superimposing that dish into her hand and it was a excellent pose to begin with!

Crg-
    Total: 91/100
    Comments: This is such a cute photo! It would've been so perfect if you had a different background and had a different expression! That expression ruins it all! Good job, though!

pixie-
    Setting: 29/35
    Comments: Nice entry, I like the little spark on the dish, the pose is great! But the plain face. The background was good and fitted what you was going for, although I would have liked to see more of a homey feel.

Total For Bliss- 366

GlamBunny8189

seren-
    Comments: Glam, I ate it and I DID like it!...honest! What I also liked is your pic, LOVED it actually. Great job. her pose really made this, I can picture the Man of the house at the table waiting for her. Will she or wont she be cheeky when she places that home cooked meal down? Wish i were a fly on the wall. I wanted to mention, that I really enjoyed the detail of the crock pot inside the cabinet! Fantastic!

hush-
    Comments: Usually I'm not one for text but it is a calendar photo and it works so well with your picture! Her facial expression conveys the "Shut up and eat it" message perfectly. The daisy wallpaper is adorable glam.

Crg-
    Total: 91/100
    Comments: Hehe, your model's head is really big for her body :shock: Lol, yeah. But, cute idea and everything!

pixie-
    Creativity/Topic: 30/40
    Total: 85
    Comments:Loving everything on this picture accept the writing. I don't think the white background really helped, It would have looked better if you just had it transparent :/ You did a good job though :)

Total For Glambunny- 366

RubyGal

seren-
    Comments: Ruby, I really like where you were heading with this pic. I love the kitchen, it’s so 50’s. The turkey is a tiny bit over sized for the set. But I do like this picture very much and think you did a great job.

hush-
    Comments: It actually took me a few minutes to realise that's not a sim kitchen, so huge props for that amount of work! She looks very stressed but still looks absolutely adorable doing it. What could be improved is having her in the middle as the turkey is actually pulling all the focus. I will never take points off anyone for editing/graphics etc but I do encourage you to try and do it in game :)

Crg-
    Comments: Wow. Good photo but there was just something missing! Like to bright or something! Or maybe it's because she doesn't look like she belongs there. Ya'know, you don't have to edit every photo ;)

pixie-
    Total: 89
    Comments: This was a really nice entry, it made me laugh. Her pose is great but not to sure on the turkey on the side...it looks out of place but everything else nice job :)

Total For Ruby- 364

simslover740

seren-
    Overall:19 /20
    Total: 94
    Comments: That dress is fantastic and she wears it well. I really like the pose you caught her in. I really like the idea behind this picture, it IS beautiful. I actually didn't think you needed the text, even though it was fun. The text isn't out of place though, so I've not taken points off for it, I DO like it...but I think your pic is pretty enough without it. Good job !

hush-
    Comments: I like the direction you took with this simslover. I also like the twist on "Beauty and Brains" :) Her posing is very strong and confident. You've capture the 50's style brilliantly!

Crg-
    Pose: 2/5
    Total: 79/100
    Comments: Well, I'll be honest and say this is not my favorite photo. I've seen other photos from you and I know this is not your best. There's just no "wow" and her pose is so... Blah. Anyways, good job.

pixie-
    Comments: This entry was georgous, the pose and everything, really pretty. Love, love, love it. Nice job keep it up :)

Total For Simslover740- 361

hamsterlover16

Seren-
    Comments: I really like the clean lines of this pic. Your model looks lovely, even whilst doing the laundry! I think you've done a very good job here, the only thing I would like to see are a few more background details to let us know where she is. Is she home or at a laundry-mat? Your setting is a little nondescript, but with some knickknacks or some flowers or the like would have just added to your picture. Over all though, great job, your model shines.

hush-
    Comments: Cute idea having Ciara carrying the cleans clothes. My only nitpick is the giraffe picture, it takes away the focus of your model and makes the lighting on her look darker by comparison. The paintings in the game are incredibly bright with a shine for some reason, like a wall light. So in the future just be aware of objects in the background, move them to the side, that way your model is the center of attention. Also, adding a ceiling light a spot or two in front of your model will draw more light to her face :)

Crg-
    Comments: Awesome. I really loved this photo, but I wasn't a fan of her expression nor the background- it was just so bland >.< Other than that, wow.

pixie-
    Comments: This entry was really good in my opinian, the pose was nice, and I liked how she held the towls, I just wish she had a bit more of an interesting facial expression, also a different angle?

Total For hamsterlover- 357

Simpixie2255

seren-
    Pose:5 /5
    Total: 90
    Comments: Simpixie, I really like the pose and angel of this shot. It shows off your model so well! I actually like the idea behind the lingerie; however, there is nothing in the pic that really depicts era of the 1950's. Maybe if the lingerie had been softer and more the look of the 50's..it would have been more fitting. Also, this could have been really comical with her making the bed "after" you -know-what and have a very happy hubby in the background, or have her fluffing his pillows. I so think you were on the right track though, so please don't be discouraged by the score. I think we can see some really great things from you in this comp.

hush-
    Comments: How deliciously naughty simpixie! Very Betty Page :D She definitely knows the way to a mans heart :D My only problem with your picture was that it didn't have a 50's element to it.

Crg-
    Total: 95/100
    Comments: Adorableness! Love it! Background, not the best. But the expression is just so darn cute >.<

pixie-
    Overall: 13/20
    Total: 77
    Comments: The idea of cooking in your lingerie was really not for me, it just didn't seem to fit the time zone and doesn't seem like something you would put on a calender if realted to this assignment, the setting was nice and so was the cooking but i don't think your model's clothing was sutible.

Total For SimPixie- 357

ilovetaylorlatner

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 39/ 40
    Pose : 5/5
    Comments: You hoped we'd like it and I do ! I think you've done a great job with this assignment. You've really set the scene and captured the moment just right. I do wish we were a little more zoomed in to see her face a little better and her yellow top gets a little bit lost in all the rest of the yellow, but other than those two minor things, I have no idea what I'd change. Great job !

hush-
    Comments: I love the grungy, vibrant feel of this picture, ILTL. Your set is very 50's that I now want a pastel pink washing machine :D The one thing that lowered your score was Luchia blending in with the wallpaper. Her headscarf and shirt were too close to the colour of the walls which distracts from her cute outfit. She has an adorable pinup face, so I would like to see it a bit up close next time.

Crg-
    Total: 88/100
    Comments: Wow, not bad! This photo would've been amazing if you had... 1)Gotten a closer shot and 2)Gotten a different pose. Other than that, awesome!

pixie-
    Total: 79
    Comments: I liked the idea, although I feel it could have been a little bit more creative! It relates to the assignment which is great but seems more of advertisement rather than something you would see on a calender, also not to sure about the yellow and green wallpaper...it kind of makes ur model blend in a bit to much. (Because she is wearing a yellow shirt)

Total For Ilovetaylor- 353

kweenkatz

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 40 /40
    Comments: Goodness, she looks demented. You're right she IS obsessed. It's very comical though and it made me laugh. I do wish we had a closer pic of her face, even though the face she is making is a bit...crazy. Hehe. What I love about your set are those tacky 1950's floral sinks...my great aunt had those at one point. I wish there was a little more bathroom clutter, but otherwise great job! This pic was so fun.

hush-
    Setting: 31/35
    Total: 90
    Comments: Such ferociousness for doing the cleaning! The spray bottle, you did an awesome job editing that in but the feather duster, I can make out the white around the edges. Not that much of big deal as I can't edit to save my life, any edits are amazing in my eyes. I do wish Julia was facing the camera a bit more. Like if you went lower with the camera down towards the sink (Q) and scooted to the left a bit (A).

Crg-
    Overall: 12/20
    Total: 80/100
    Comments: Oh, Kweenz! I know you can do better than this! The white dots and lines on the floor and the okay editing job ruins this photo! I'd love to see your model closer and the setting was blah. Too much brightness, also. I think you could've done better without the border :XD: Good job, though!

pixie-
    Overall: 14/20
    Total: 83
    Comments: Nice entry, the idea was good. I'm not to keen on your boder though... Also i like how you got your model holding the brish and spray but she is sorta scaring me lol. Nice job

Total For kweenkatz– 350

ladyluckO9

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 36/ 40
    Setting : 32/35
    Pose: 4/ 5
    Comments: This was a good idea, I like that you tried something a little different then everyone else. I would really like to have seen your pics brightened but still have the 60's cut out feel to them. I love the gardening gloves she has on, such a nice touch. Good job.

hush-
    Setting: 31/35
    Overall: 16/20
    Total: 87
    Comments: I really like the nostalgic edit you added to both pics. You submitted two pictures but I noticed we never specified how many we wanted, so that's our fault, not yours. We''ll make sure to be specific next assignment :) I took some points off for the walls being down in your first picture. I know it is hard to get shots when an object is close to a wall. What you could do in the future is put the object in the middle of the room and pan the camera (in camera mode-TAB) to a lower angle (Q) and zoom in (Z) so it looks like the object is against the wall. You would also get a much better view of Braelyn's pretty face, instead of it hiding behind her pretty hair :) Same with your second picture. Just by playing around with the angles, you can get a totally different view of a pose. I do love her gloves!sh-

Crg-
    Setting: 29/35
    Total: 79/100
    Comments: Good job! This would've been even better if you had had the walls up, gotten a little closer, and we could see your models face! That's a big thing in modeling! We want to see your models face! Good job, though!

pixie-
    Creativity/Topic: 36/ 40
    Setting : 32/35
    Pose: 4/ 5
    Comments: This was a good idea, I like that you tried something a little different then everyone else. I would really like to have seen your pics brightened but still have the 60's cut out feel to them. I love the gardening gloves she has on, such a nice touch. Good job.

TOTAL For Lady Luck- 344

Amieechu

seren-
    Creativity/Topic: 39 /40
    Overall:19 /20
    Comments: Really love the camera angel here Amiee! And that bubble floating away is adorable. I think you've done a great job capturing the moment and this assignment. And Oh how seriously she takes dish washing! I would have liked to see the lighting brightened, but this is just such a great picture!

hush-
    Comments: I believe I share the same expression with Lightning when it comes to dishes. Good use of angling amie, draws you right into Lightning's mood. I do think it could be a bit brighter, lighting wise, or maybe just a different colour scheme in the background to break up the green of her dress.

Crg-
    Total: 86/100
    Comments: This was fairly good. Except for the pose and the setting, and you were lacking creativity. But other than that, good job.

pixie-
    Creativity/Topic: 25/40
    Total: 70
    Comments: I liked the idea, the setting was nice but your picture seemed to be lacking creativity and your model looks like she is about to either lose her temper or cry...

Total For Amieechu- 345
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
    Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
    Type: hideheadlineeffects on
    Moving sims/objects
    Type: moveobjects on
    Unlocking outfits and hair
    Type: unlockoutfits on
    Unlocking expansion objects
    Type: buydebug on

Type /help for any other commands.

Camera Mode
    Press TAB to access to the camera mode
    Using Charlotte in her 60s gear, I will demonstrate all the different ways you can use the camera.
    Just with pressing TAB
    qqanow.jpg
    Pressing W-move forward
    2sadxle.jpg
    Pressing S-move back
    2zyd736.jpg
    Pressing A-move left
    ok0fbd.jpg
    Pressing D-move right
    2zghxnc.jpg
    Pressing E-tilts camera up
    2rnaq0x.jpg
    Pressing Q-tilts camera down
    2ed1qxe.jpg
    Pressing Shift and A-changing angles to the left
    149bl9k.jpg
    Pressing Shift and D-changing angle to right
    30vc8py.jpg
    Pressing Z-zoom in, (X to zoom out) then pressing Shift and D, creating a totally different look.
    2d91j4p.jpg
    Pressing Shift and S resets the picture back to normal.

Lighting
    Lighting in the game can be iffy at times, so here's simple way to get some light onto your model! Start out with no light.
    2qstnyq.jpg
    I use the Lucid Light in the ceiling light category, as it is the closest flat light to the ceiling.
    91aypd.jpg
    Then place it a few squares in front of your model or just move it around until you find the most flattering light.
    2ennadv.jpg
    See, much better, no editing/lighting effects at all used!
    b7yl5g.jpg
    You could also add more lights in different places to create shadows or add more light on one side or both. It's all about playing around and seeing what works best for your model :mrgreen:

Hopefully this gives you all a bit more of an idea 8)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    kweenkatzkweenkatz Posts: 4,527 New Member
    edited December 2010
    seen it! love the assignment idea!!

Btw where/when do we get our scores, im excited :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lol trying as fast as I can to sort 'em out and copy/paste :mrgreen:
    I'm all giddy, my first thread and I didn't break the page or nuthin :mrgreen:
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    kweenkatzkweenkatz Posts: 4,527 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Lol trying as fast as I can to sort 'em out and copy/paste :mrgreen:
    I'm all giddy, my first thread and I didn't break the page or nuthin :mrgreen:

oh sorry :) i didnt know scores would be on this page aswell :P

i'm really excited about this assignment, hopefully i did alright in the last one :)
  • Options
    Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Seen it~
  • Options
    blazaxxblazaxx Posts: 1,871
    edited December 2010
    Seen it :mrgreen:
    This should be interesting to see how I work it in with my story :D

Oh and Seren, incredible. Simply incredibly. You shouldn't have worried about that, not in the slightest. <3
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited December 2010
    Seen it and I absolutely love the assignment! Seren I'm totally jealous of the example pic!
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Scores are up ^^

I know blaz and JK, I can't believe she thought I wouldn't like it :roll:
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    :o you guys just made my day! Thank you, judges :D

And Hush I'm very relieved you noticed the bubbles. I was worried no one would see them lol
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited December 2010
    erm if anyone is interested in gothic modeling, could u guys take a look at 2nd cycle of weird or wonderful please?
    Lurking is always nice as well lol :)
    (seren sed I could post a link lol) but i am bit busy atm making the model wall :D
  • Options
    WaffleAwesomenessWaffleAwesomeness Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2010
    Seen it :D
    tumblr_nyqc2fDxP61rfd7lko1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sooo glad you're all liking the assignment! Such a relief, I was so nervous!

I've added some tips and tricks 8)

After 3am, time for serious sleep!
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Congrats JK!

Another cool assignment....will be lurking to see what everyone comes up with!
  • Options
    kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited December 2010
    Seen it! I know EXACTLY what I am going to do for this assignment. Are we allowed to change hair color?
  • Options
    GlamBunny8189GlamBunny8189 Posts: 1,507 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thank you judges for scores! Seen assignment 2!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm sort of embarrassed but I'm already done lol. I'm afraid to post though. xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    blazaxxblazaxx Posts: 1,871
    edited December 2010
    *starts chant*
    Post it ! Post it ! Post it !
    ;)
  • Options
    Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited December 2010
    seen it
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5239423000_254dddae42_o.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5239423000_254dddae42_o.jpg
    Click the link for actual size.

One of the perks of being an upcoming model is hanging with some famous and highly influential people, including Tom Lemon from General Salt's Lonely Hearts Group.

I really hope someone gets that lol.
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh wow thats really cool!!!!!

What special effect is that on the image? cause that is totally kick ***
  • Options
    rubygal25rubygal25 Posts: 1,157 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Seen it :]
    I can't help editing, its what i've always done >:]
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow! I was torn b/f on Jk's and cupcakes pics, why I didn't vote! Good job gals :)

JK-can't believe you are done! So jealous! It is a really cool pic!
  • Options
    ladyluckO9ladyluckO9 Posts: 216 New Member
    edited December 2010
    i haveseen the light! hah yh i seen it
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited December 2010
    panda, congrats on winning the round. You're also the winner of the 300 Sim points for winning fist place ! How would you like those spent? I am happy to gift from your wishlist or a wishlist of your choice or split the points up.

And panda! Fantastic job on this round's pic ! Wow !

Hehe I'm glad you all like the example pic ! One of those ken Dolls in the back is Poida's Sim Iggy with a Ken make over !