Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lagging/Freezing After 1.18 Patch? - Post Here

Comments

• Spiderfang2001Spiderfang2001 Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    I'm doing further testing and finding NO FREEZING after following Semperblood's advice from earlier this thread.

Anyone getting freezing SINCE installing, be ultra-patient and live with it until the game clock hits 3am. After that the lag seems to disappear. I have no idea why and given there are lots of reasons to get lag/freezing other than the patch I can't guarantee it won't happen again, but so far so good.

Be warned that it is really annoying if you're like me and your save position was around 5am! 20+ game ours of frequent freezing was horrible!
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2010
    Describe what happens (is it just lagging or does the game actually freeze?)
    Sims Freeze and Vanish well doing anything

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE installing the patch?
    Yes they vanished and froze no lagging

3. What 'hood is this occurring in?
    Bridgeport

4. Do you have any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief.
    No before the update I had the Overwatcher NRass_ErrorTrap.package mod to help it
    No CC

5. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (just take your best guess if you aren't certain)
    It stared on a day and last for a long time

6. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?
    Yes but it didn't help I could do it again if it helps maybe...

Classic bug that I'm calling it the Freezing and Vanish theme I even started them in a new family and town and it still froze and they vanished now I think we need a patch to fix this one....
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2010
    *pops back in*

A quick update. I played my laggy game until the next day at around six am and *POOF* the lag disappeared and my game is running fine.

emo.jpg

:D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited December 2010
    bump
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited December 2010
    bump
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • danielle_pimpin07danielle_pimpin07 Posts: 22
    edited December 2010
    I'm having this problem on the late night newest patch, it goes to load my game then the screen is black for 10-20 min to load then it loads up late night goes to the family menu to choose what family I want to play then it will act like its going to load then freezes I thought it was just me so I reinstalled the game and it had me re stall the patch and it did it again, but this time it only stays at the black screen. :(
  • WarsunWarsun Posts: 418
    edited December 2010
    i dont know if anyones seen this but ill post this post i made again.

1.I removed all mods and my Documents The Sims 3 folder. Then installed the Update. Then ran the game in Bridgeport. I had loading issues freezing and lagging reactions with no mods or CC installed.

I tried playing the game and found loading issues constantly. When moving my camera around things would have to RELOAD every time i would turn.

So it is not CC at all. it is in fact the patch.I am using 6.1.11.009001 and this problem has persisted. I Put in am able to move freer that before by removing one nessisary mod.

NoCasAgeStagger

Which i need to create Sims.I consider this a need because i make pretty good sims.An people are having problems with CAS because this issue has not been addressed.

Other that than that this had to be removed.

NoCameraFadeonSims

I put in this mod and it did fix some issues.

NoRandomTraffic

Nowever moving back to SV i am having problems again.So i had to take it out.The problem seems to be with the patch itself.
  • ZilvraZilvra Posts: 419 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey there, no mods, deleted cache files, etc. Had lag issues after patch, but same as others waited until about 6 am and it stopped. Thanks everyone for posting this! If I had not read this thread I might've abandoned my awesome household and started over (after not playing for a good long while).

Have a great night!

Zilvra
  • ASTRAxMOONASTRAxMOON Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2010
    mine lags & freezes throughout the ENTIRE game. I have a lot of CC & mods, but have never had an issue before this.....EVER....& I download CCs & mods from other sites like TSR regularly. But this is really annoying, it's practically unplayable.
  • MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited December 2010
    1. Describe what happens (is it just lagging or does the game actually freeze?)
    - It actually freezes, a lot. I can play 5 sim-minutes, and then have to wait 2 real life minutes for it to start working again.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch?
    - Yes, but it was never THIS ridiculously bad.

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a
    hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood?
    - In all hoods, in new and old save games.

4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.
    -No mods, no CC other than some store items.

5. Mac or PC?
    -PC

6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (best guess)
    -5 sim minutes, so lets say 5 real life seconds, as minutes there arent really minutes..

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?
    -Yes, didnt help me though.

8. IMPORTANT: Originally posted by cuddlybun: "Some players report that they wait until the next early morning (3am-6am [Sim time]) and the lag disappears completely. Just see if you can get that far and if it fixes it." Did the problem eventually clear up after a few days/hours of Sim time or after playing your lot for awhile? If not, did something else you did resolve the problem?
    - I've been playing 3 sim days now, and all it's doing is getting worse. Way, worse. If I had done anything to resolve the issue, I wouldn't be answering all these questions now would I.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited December 2010
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    I've been playing 3 sim days now, and all it's doing is getting worse. Way, worse. If I had done anything to resolve the issue, I wouldn't be answering all these questions now would I.
    You might be having the car issue. Download Overwatch if you don't already have it. The car issue will make your game unplayable after a few days. Also try a resetsim * to reset the entire world. Sims can get stuck in very odd places (the mountains behind the hospital is one of them) that will cause your game to lag every time that sim tries to move.
  • chasecolinschasecolins Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have this bug (no cc ofc, I take deep pleasure knowing every bug I see is coming right from EA headquarters). You kidding right ? 1 day of sim time is the fix ? I can't even get past 2 minutes sim time... And it's like 1pm in my game, thanks again for this great gift
  • iJancyiJancy Posts: 68 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Same here with the slow, choppy, unbearable playing. I've past those times and it has not solved my problem. This problem needs a fix from EA. I have sent an mail to EA tech support and still waiting for some actual help resolving this. I am on a new iMac and never had these problems until I installed the patch before this last one and LateNightmare! I have no mods and never have, no downloads from the exchange-only store bought items. What I do have though is, all the Sims stuck on a lot!
    This last patch has done nothing to improve gameplay.
    edited December 2010
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    I've been playing 3 sim days now, and all it's doing is getting worse. Way, worse. If I had done anything to resolve the issue, I wouldn't be answering all these questions now would I.
    You might be having the car issue. Download Overwatch if you don't already have it. The car issue will make your game unplayable after a few days. Also try a resetsim * to reset the entire world. Sims can get stuck in very odd places (the mountains behind the hospital is one of them) that will cause your game to lag every time that sim tries to move.

Thanks for the response =]
    But the car thing wont be the issue, I dont even notice a lot of cars on the roads, like, at all.
    I could try the simresetting, however, finding a proper time to do that is gnna be hard in a household with 8 simmies :lol:
    Will give it a shot next time I can be bothered with starting the now dreaded game..
    edited December 2010
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    MariskaAmy wrote:

Thanks for the response =]
    But the car thing wont be the issue, I dont even notice a lot of cars on the roads, like, at all.
    I could try the simresetting, however, finding a proper time to do that is gnna be hard in a household with 8 simmies :lol:
    Will give it a shot next time I can be bothered with starting the now dreaded game..
    I know what you mean with a large family. ;)

Even if you don't see any cars on the roads, you can try moving in a random townie and see if they have a lot of cars in their inventory. If they do, you have the car issue. (You don't have to save after this is done.)
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It took my sims an hour to kiss! Just a simple kiss too!
    edited December 2010
    Well I've just tried the townie thing, added about 7 in total, hooray testingcheats. But they all had just 1 car in their inventory, I doubt thats 'a lot'.. would it be worth getting Overwatch anyway?

Gnna try the resetsim thing when i reload, dont want all my townies gone hehe..
    edited December 2010
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    Well I've just tried the townie thing, added about 7 in total, hooray testingcheats. But they all had just 1 car in their inventory, I doubt thats 'a lot'.. would it be worth getting Overwatch anyway?

Just 1 car? :shock: Prior to Overwatch, all of the townie sims had 12+ cars in their inventory! Resetsim * will just reset all of the sims in the neighborhood back to their homes and remove all of their moodlets. All of your townies will still be around. :) Getting Overwatch won't hurt.
    edited December 2010
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    MariskaAmy wrote:

Just 1 car? :shock: Prior to Overwatch, all of the townie sims had 12+ cars in their inventory! Resetsim * will just reset all of the sims in the neighborhood back to their homes and remove all of their moodlets. All of your townies will still be around. :) Getting Overwatch won't hurt.

Yep, just 1, without any mods, guess i'm one of the lucky people in that dept. huh xD Will try getting it anyway, it might be good for something i'm experiencing without knowing! n_n
    Alright, on to playing one sim day to get rlly annoyed with the lag before i try the resetsim, will let you know what happens.

Also, thanks for the help <3
    edited December 2010
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    MariskaAmy wrote:

Yep, just 1, without any mods, guess i'm one of the lucky people in that dept. huh xD Will try getting it anyway, it might be good for something i'm experiencing without knowing! n_n
    Alright, on to playing one sim day to get rlly annoyed with the lag before i try the resetsim, will let you know what happens.

Also, thanks for the help <3
    No problem. :) The patches always break something.
    edited December 2010
    Woop! as far as I can tell the resetsim thing did it! =]

Will the lag come back when some unfortunate simmies get stuck again though? Just making sure I'll know what to do..
  • Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem with my game freezing every few seconds after installing the latest update. It makes the game unplayable. I'm playing in Riverview with an old family I created months ago. I do have some stuff downloaded from the Exchange and stuff I bought from the Store, but nothing new in the past few months. This problem only began after downloading the newest update a couple of nights ago. I also can't get my characters to do anything when the game is momentarily unfrozen and I can't pick up or move objects when in Buy or Build mode. It's very frustrating! :? I haven't cleaned out my cache or temp files. How do I do that? Can anyone explain how to do that? Thanks.
    edited December 2010
    Heya Cee, it really sounds like your game did the same mine did, might be worth trying what CuddlyBun suggested for me, it solved my issue completely!
  • kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2010
    It lags so much its unplayable >_>
  • cpinnellcpinnell Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    This is completely unacceptable! The patch has been out for a week now and EA has continued to do nothing. My game is unplayable! It lags every 5-10 sim minutes! Don't they test these game patches before they roll them out to the public?! I have never had any issues prior to this patch. I don't have any custom content installed. This is extremely disappointing, I will be rethinking my next EA game purchase. >:-(