Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lagging/Freezing After 1.18 Patch? - Post Here

Comments

• Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wreck_Diver - thank you for that post (about Sims getting stuck.) Is there any way you could post the code that HystericalParoxysm created that will fix that? Or post a link to it?

I haven't figured out if that is what's causing the glitches in my game, (sims getting stuck near the water tower) but it has been running a little more slowly since LN, and in the first Bridgeport hood I was playing, Sims who I had invited over/out did not show up, even though they agreed to come over. Can't even play that hood anymore as it crashed to desktop when starting it up again.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    XxCookieDoughxXXxCookieDoughxX Posts: 1,118 New Member
    edited December 2010
    1.No, it does freeze. Not for considerably long periods, though, just extremely often I guess. It makes it inplayable. Apart from that, no unusual lag.

2.Yes, I experienced the freezing about a day before the patch.

3.I am playing a world called Redcliffs, which had the awesome mod installed when created, which my computer does not have. I have been playing it prior to the new patch. If you want the link to Redcliffs, please ask, because it was created by awesome-sims or something, which is an outside website.

4.It don't have much CC at all- just one custom hair and a few items. I have no idea what the overwatch mod is...?

5. 10-20 sim minutes. Roughly. Usually.

6.Nope. Don't usually have to do this my game..
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2010
    brandi22 wrote:
    Wreck_Diver - thank you for that post (about Sims getting stuck.) Is there any way you could post the code that HystericalParoxysm created that will fix that? Or post a link to it?

I haven't figured out if that is what's causing the glitches in my game, (sims getting stuck near the water tower) but it has been running a little more slowly since LN, and in the first Bridgeport hood I was playing, Sims who I had invited over/out did not show up, even though they agreed to come over. Can't even play that hood anymore as it crashed to desktop when starting it up again.

Brandi22, here is the information for HystericalParoxysm's Bridgeport coding fix:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425764

This Is NOT a simple mod, this is a code fix that requires installation using S3PE.

It worked well for Late Night before this patch, but I have not had a chance to re-evaluate its functionality after the latest patch.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    LiidackLiidack Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I am having lagging problems aswell after the latest update. I did not have lagging problems before.

The game totally freezes for a few IRL seconds and this happens every 10 IRL seconds. This makes the game unplayable! I have no mods or such stuff, only payed EA products. I've got sims 3, night life, world tour or what's it called and then the job expansion aswell. That's it. I got a PC.

This is really annoying and feels like crap. I really can't play the game as it is now.

Also, one of my sims got stuck today. I needed to close and restart the entire game to get him loose. He also didn't get to work after I clicked and demanded him there. At the workpanel I could see how he was missing work but then the icon on top of the screen said he was at work. Really buggy
  • Options
    iJancyiJancy Posts: 68 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I had no issues on 2 year old iMac prior to the previous patch and LateNight. New name should be "LateNightmare"
    Got a brand new iMac this past Sept. Installed all Sims and expansions.
    I had choppy/pausing gameplay when I installed previous patch and late night.(not this last patch)
    The latest patch did not fix the choppy gameplay.
    No CC ever-Just all Sims games and stuff purchased from this site.- I delete my cache files often and also delete DCBackup files.
    I even changed my Sims3 folder to Sims 3 Backup and reinstalled all my store bought items-This did not resolve the choppiness. I did this prior to this past patch and I feel as though I would be wasting my time to do this again.
    I also have tried creating a new game and after a weeks sim time it's unbearable to play.
    I have tons of Sims stuck on a lot. I have reset all of them but they come running back. This happened in 2 new games.
    I am going to try starting another new game to see when and if this happens again.
    I think this is an error with the EA coding and not with our computers. I sent an email to EA today with links to some posts about this problem and pictures of the stuck Sims.
    Wishful thinking that EA may actually fix this.
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited December 2010
    1. Describe what happens (is it just lagging or does the game actually freeze?)
    My game lags after every 8-9 Sim minutes, the game lags in human time 4
    seconds. I sat here for 30 human minutes timing the lags.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch?
    Yes because of the spawning car problem, but not like this.
    This lagging started not 5 minutes into the game after patching.

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a
    hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood?
    So far I have only played, Riverview and Barnackle bay, both with old
    and new families.

4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR Not YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.
    No CC or Mods

5. Mac or PC?
    PC

6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (best guess)
    Every 8-9 Sim minutes

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?
    Yes

Edit: Now I'm just crashing to desk top.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2010
    @Wreck_Diver: HP says, it's NOT fixed.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2010
    crinrict wrote:

That's an epic disappointment, as HystericalParoxysm's code fix was the single biggest improvement I'd seen for correcting the lag issues in Bridgeport and the whole process took only took a few minutes minutes, but the end result was immediate and mind boggling.

I got two solid weeks of lag free gameplay in Bridgeport after HP's code fix.

I'll look forward to restoring HP's code corrected Bridgeport.world then.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2010
    The car issue seems to be alive and well, if not MORE active than it was before. My mod just cleaned up 230 of them, not counting the ones it cleaned up the night before and during the day after I started up the game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited December 2010
    I took out my cache files and saved my sims to the bin. I then started a new game in Riverview and even put some clubs in the game. My game has been running GREAT but I do get a lag every now and then but it not consistent as it was in LN every 30 seconds. I would advise you all to start a new game and get out of Bridgeport. Bridgeport is flawed and I loved the city but it's a pain. I prefer Twinbrook and Riverview honestly.
  • Options
    xifuxifu Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2010
    crinrict wrote:

That's an epic disappointment, as HystericalParoxysm's code fix was the single biggest improvement I'd seen for correcting the lag issues in Bridgeport and the whole process took only took a few minutes minutes, but the end result was immediate and mind boggling.

This is very disappointing. EA has been informed of this problem; they were given the solution; a member of the community was willing to give them the fixed map; they refused; and they didn't fix it themselves. This is beyond ridiculous! If they don't fix this issue, I will no longer be buying any EA games.
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2010
    I took away the overwatch and the game is running much better!!! :) Thank goodness!
  • Options
    annag702annag702 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2010
    JohnAW wrote:
    1. The game is lagging to the point of being unplayable. The character will move for about a second, freeze for at least a second, move for about a second, ....
    2. I had experienced NO freezes before the 11/30 patch, with the base game, after installing any of the prior patches, or after the initial installation of Late Night.
    3. I was playing in the default neighborhood that comes with Late Night, and had been playing in it before the patch.
    4. No mods or custom content whatsoever.
    5. Mac: a 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 with 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 RAM. This should certainly be MORE than sufficient for this game.
    6. It happens as soon as the saved game is loaded and starts.
    7. I did not clear any cache files and don't have any Windows Temp files (see #5).

I sure hope we see a patch fixing this ASAP!

I have pretty much the same answers except I'm running an even better PC gaming machine and I did clear my cache files. So frustrating! :(
  • Options
    aligurl124aligurl124 Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    I haven't tried anywhere else. When I first installed the game, I checked out Bridgeport to see what it was like, then I went to Riverview to edit that neighborhood, but every time I try to play a household in Riverview, it freezes in the world view. I've tried deleting the caches, turning on the DEP, and NONE of it has worked. I feel like maybe I should just uninstall and then reinstall, but that might not do anything. I have some custom content from the store, but it never had any effect on the game play until I installed LN. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I need help!!
  • Options
    SemperbloodSemperblood Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Looks like the freezing does stop eventually. For me was about 3AM game time. Been playing for 2 more game days with no problems. Getting to 3AM was a royal pain though.

Good luck simmers!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to patching my game...but not this time. I'm also experiencing lagging but only in one of my saves, the last one I was playing before I installed the patch. I've played my other six saves and they are not lagging at all.

1. The game lags horribly and will freeze for several seconds before righting itself. Like another poster wrote, the trees still move and the water still ripples but my sims lock up for several long seconds.

2. I had NO lag before the patch.

3. I'm playing Bridgeport and this was the town/save I was playing prior to patching.

4. I'm using the Master Controller and Overwatch mods. I removed both and all of my CC before installing the patch, however.

5. I'm on a PC.

6. I'm not sure about the sim seconds--sorry. The lag is pretty relentless, though. I can just about make it make it down a flight of stairs and then the games starts lagging.

7. Yes, I cleared my cache and temp files before installing.

From what I've read so far, hopefully this problem will right itself if given time. I checked my saves and none of them are showing up as bad so I'm just going to try to ride this out before I start deleting anything.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    ILUVGAMES1955ILUVGAMES1955 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am playing a Sim in Sunset Valley and my game had a speech bubble glitch and very minor lagging issues from the patch before 1.18. After playing about ten minutes my game froze for a few seconds. I played on and it froze again after a few more minutes. :x
    I haven't played in Bridgeport yet.
  • Options
    Spiderfang2001Spiderfang2001 Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    Describe what happens (is it just lagging or does the game actually freeze?)
    The clock stops, but background things like trees moving, music playing and so forth continue.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE installing the patch?
    The first time I played Late Night I did. However, I junked that saved game, started a new one and it worked fine.....until now.

3. What 'hood is this occurring in?

Bridgeport

4. Do you have any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief.
    I've tried several configurations and get the lag with ALL of them.
    a) Zero mods/cc and deleted cache files. Windows temp files deleted post-patch installation but prior to loading game.
    b) All mods and cc in. I'll be here all day detailing CC so won't bother, but the mods are the post-1.18 patch versions of Master Controller and Overwatch plus Treeag from MTS's Book of Talent and Treasure Box. Caches were del
    c) CC in, mods out, caches deleted.

5. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (just take your best guess if you aren't certain)
    After around 20 game minutes or so.

6. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?

I removed the mods and cleared the cache files before patch installation but not the Windows temp files. I don't recall seeing anything on that. I have tried running the game post-patch with no cc, mods, deleted caches and temp files and still get lag.

NOTE: Another member of the family started a new game in Bridgeport just prior to the arrival of the patch and is having no problems so far, even with all cc and mods in place. When I initially installed the patch everything seemed OK and yesterday I ran it with cc but no mods with no lag issue. Loading up today gave me lag as described every time with my main saved game.

• Options
    blinkyfbnbgblinkyfbnbg Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2010
    Anybody else having lagging/freezing issues like this after downloading the latest patch? Please post here and answer the following:

It will run for about 15-30 game minutes, then freeze for 15ish RL seconds.

I'm not sure about the patch, but I definitely noticed it after installing LN.

All of them.

4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.

Only the No Intro and Power Study mods.

5. Mac or PC?

PC

30ish.

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?

How do I clear the game cache?
    [/quote]
  • Options
    Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2010
    crinrict wrote:

Looking at what was involved in making it I think it won't be long. I noted the error I reported in this thread pre-patch and dropped it over at MTS as well.

HP's work is great and I'm glad to help so don't take my comments as derogatory.

J.
  • Options
    JohnAWJohnAW Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    JohnAW wrote:
    3. I was playing in the default neighborhood that comes with Late Night, and had been playing in it before the patch.
    OK, I just played one of my pre-Late Night neighborhoods, and it ran just fine. So, it appears the problem is limited to the buggy neighborhood that ships with Late Night.
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited December 2010
    1. Both. It freezes for a few seconds then jumps by a few minutes (on the sim clock) all the time and also often my sims pause (lag) before doing interaction while the game continues
    2. Minor lagging when I installed latenight but it wasn't this bad. Now my game is almost unplayable
    3. Bridgeport and a game started before the patch
    4. I have the overwatch mod installed but no other mods. I've got some store stuff (mainly the free stuff) and a very small amount of CC (Basically all from 'around the sims 3') and I've had no problems with it before the patch.
    5. Mac
    6. Before most social interaction (& many other interaction) it lags. And it freezes for a few seconds about every thirty of our seconds, although sometimes more. Also not to sound rude but won't it be sim minutes since they run on a faster time to us
    7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch? Not the game cache files but I've done that with previous eps when I had problems and it didn't really help. & this may sound silly but what is the Windows Temp Files, is this a PC thing?

I really hope they fix it cuz my game is almost unplayable
  • Options
    DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited December 2010
    4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.
    5. Mac or PC?

1.Lagging Lagging LAGGING....A lot....
    2.I had no probs before the patch...
    3.Bridgeport and yes I loaded my previous game...
    4.I have no mods nor Store content...
    5.Pc
    6.Every 10 seconds
    7.No... :shock:
  • Options
    Spiderfang2001Spiderfang2001 Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    @Semperblood

A tip of the hat to you.

I followed your suggestion above and let the game run until after 3am game time and you're right, that seemed to do the trick. However, as I had to go out, I didn't have time to let it run much longer and have yet to test whether this is going to happen each and every time I load my saved game! Getting to 3am is, as you say, a royal pain and quite frankly I am impressed you had the willpower to stay with it for long enough to find this out. You report the game was running fine over a couple of game days since. Are things still going OK since you last posted?
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited December 2010
    :cry:I never lagged unitl I installed the patch