Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do you make a hotel?

can anyone help me :roll:

Comments

• KonrilKonril Posts: 153 Member
    edited November 2010
    That sounds like an interesting question. But a little more detail on what you have to work with and what you are trying to do with it might be in order.

Basically, it isn't really possible to zone a lot as a "hotel." However World Adventures has a somewhat similar concept with Base Camps and Campgrounds. Ambitions has the Fire Station which is a place for firefighters to work and live. But your own sims can stay overnight in the station if you direct them to. So as long as you don't mind your "hotel" being zoned as something else, it should be very easy to set up.

If you think about it, a hotel has many rooms with beds and bathrooms. Often there is a small living space (chairs & a small table), dressers, and a mirror. Modern hotels include a TV for entertainment, too. Put it all together on a Visitors Allowed (or any) community lot, and you can have something that at least looks like a hotel. What you won't get are service people or locking doors. But at least your sims will be able to stay overnight.

If you set up in your base town (as opposed to a World Adventures vacation town) then children and teens will need to be with an adult of the household to actually stay over. Otherwise, they will be sent home automatically after curfew.

Does this help?
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    edited March 2013
    First of all get world adventures which enables you to make a base camp. First make a reception area with a couple chairs and reception desk (a counter with a general store register should work.) Get late night and put in an elevator or stairs unless you want a single floor hotel. Make rooms on the floors by putting in the same furniture and laying them out the same except for suites if you want them. I would add in a restaurant which all you need is some tables and chairs with a buffet table. Possibly a gym and pool of it's that kind of hotel, same with a library and nightclub. I would probably add in a garden. Also add in public room markers to say which rooms you want the public to go into. So thats it! (There is one on the exchange which is a french style hotel which comes with all that stuff it's called hotel paradis, there's another one called the golden scarab which is an egyptian themed one and another called the the emperors mansion. Oh yeah the second two were made by me) GOOD LUCK!
  • HaloGalHaloGal Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited March 2013
    This actually sounds like a good idea. I'm going to go make one now, or after school :(:wink: . But I'm going to make mine original, new, and awesome. Also, my suggestion is that if you want to have a big hotel, use a large-largest lot, but if you want a smaller hotel, or just a little one, use a smaller lot. Also, many morden hotels have plants and staues in the reception, and paintings in the rooms. Also, remember that in most hotels each room has its on mini bathroom. Good luck and have fun!
    Yours Sincerely,
    SimMe aka HaloGal.