Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Butler Died?!?!?!?!

So, my butler(i don't remember his name), suddenly died of old age today. He was making my Sim some waffles(apple I think). And then he just, died. Has this happened to any one else??

Comments

• Options
    sara33annesara33anne Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    My butler was trying to fix a broken dishwasher, got electrocuted, and died. It was only his first day.
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited November 2010
    my butler didn't die but I set up a room for him and he left and never came back
  • Options
    Fabeo2Fabeo2 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited November 2010
    lmao butlers choose the worst, and otherwise unexpected times to die xD
  • Options
    LazyDaisy4777LazyDaisy4777 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited November 2010
    sara33anne wrote:
    My butler was trying to fix a broken dishwasher, got electrocuted, and died. It was only his first day.

:lol:Ouch!
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited November 2010
    Nope. My butler does everything perfectly... and then goes to bed :P
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have yet to see any of my butlers die, but they do enjoy drinking all of the nectar/juice when I serve it. It's funny when they drink the plasma nectar and get sick. :wink:
  • Options
    MaybeSupernovaMaybeSupernova Posts: 130 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Every time I hire a butler, after they have their first paycheck, they leave and never come back! Are my simmies that hard to work for? :P
  • Options
    IsobelturtleIsobelturtle Posts: 412
    edited November 2010
    My butler go hit by a meteor while putting the trash out
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2010
    My vamp has had two die of old age, but then that's what happens to vampires that hire adult help as YA vampires LOL
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited November 2010
    That's why I love playing sims! Yay for randomness!
  • Options
    rebdudleyrebdudley Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2010
    I had a paparazzi die from old age on my lot. I wish some of my butlers would die. They don't do anything right.
  • Options
    JMacalik2010JMacalik2010 Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    sara33anne wrote:

I guess that wasn't his lucky day! LOL :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JMacalik2010JMacalik2010 Posts: 4
    edited November 2010

Stupid meteors just ruining everyones day lol jk thats so random tho
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've lost three butlers to electrocution so far.

Here's the latest:

2rw86q8.jpg

28jcqw1.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited November 2010
    Talking about butlers... do they need their own bedroom? I only had one butler yet, the house has no spare bedroom, and I did not see the butler complain - yet. But only played for a couple days this far. I ask because I noticed the "assign for butler" option when clicking on the beds...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2010
    My butler decided to sleep in a sarcophagus and turned into a mummy, couldn't use the stairs from the basement to go up and decided to dismiss her. When I tried to hire another butler the same mummy showed up and stood on front of the house just complaining because for some reason couldn't get inside of the house. No more butlers for me. lol
  • Options
    CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Talking about butlers... do they need their own bedroom? I only had one butler yet, the house has no spare bedroom, and I did not see the butler complain - yet. But only played for a couple days this far. I ask because I noticed the "assign for butler" option when clicking on the beds...

It's not necessary per say, but it would be awfully rude to make your high paid butler sleep in a sofa or drink coffee all day. Try building a basement and putting a little room for him in there. They don't do anything in their rooms, all they do is sleep and make the bed everyday. And then they leave never to return again...until they get sleepy.
  • Options
    thieusmommythieusmommy Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2010
    My butler was electrocuted while repairing the hot tub. I didn't save the game and when I played again, the hot tub broke and she was electrocuted during that attempt to repair it. I guess it was her time.
  • Options
    TiahrtTiahrt Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    That same thing JUST happened to me! My butler was already singed, and she was messing with the stereo/jukebox thing and she just like, got electrocuted! And it was only her second day! Oh well, I'll just hire another one.
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited June 2011
    Not trying to act like an *** but...why are you acting like it's some massive different thing. Of COURSE he is going to die.
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited June 2011
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Not trying to act like an *** but...why are you acting like it's some massive different thing. Of COURSE he is going to die.

It's okay, dude. Don't freak out. It's something rather funny to talk about.
    This totally makes me want to get LN. I really want this to happen to me! This kind of thing happened with my Legacy founder. He tried to fix the dishwasher, and he died. So I went back to Main Menu and restarted my saved game. AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I redid it again, and the TV got him. So much for my Legacy, huh? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh:P

Well tbh when someone important dies...like my Sims Amelia Lorens husband who I later renamed Amelia Loren-Hamming after her premade husband on the town died but it was bad timing it went like this

*Amelia starts giving birth*
    *MAtt- OH GOD *Strangles self*

He died in a fire.
  • Options
    DenonDenon Posts: 335 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My butler decided to sleep in a sarcophagus and turned into a mummy, couldn't use the stairs from the basement to go up and decided to dismiss her. When I tried to hire another butler the same mummy showed up and stood on front of the house just complaining because for some reason couldn't get inside of the house. No more butlers for me. lol

After reading this I wanted a mummy butler. Fortunately my butlers work fine.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited June 2011
    Denon wrote:

After reading this I wanted a mummy butler. Fortunately my butlers work fine.

LOL! Gives me a new goal to strive for my game as well. I wonder if you can assign a sarcophagus as the butler's bed--or a vampire's coffin? Anyone tried turning their butler into a vamp?
  • Options
    LesleyAcfordLesleyAcford Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't seem to keep a butler around for long either lol. My first one died of old age (I'm assuming) but she was an elder when she arrived.
    However, My current butler is really weird. I think she might be a vampire (NO I didn't turn her she was already like this) I think this because she is always doing that hissing animation that the vampires do and she never eats!!!

She was doing the laundry one day and did the animation for starving to death then dropped dead on the floor, luckily one of my sims was able to stop the reaper from taking her. I then tried firing her since I couldn't find anything on online to explain this or help me stop my butler dying but when i called for a new one they sent the exact same woman !!! :s
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top