Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 launcher keeps telling me to install an update that i've already installed before.

Comments

• MESSYSUEMESSYSUE Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone called the company about this issue?
  • wotudoinwotudoin Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Help I've recently got a new laptop and decided to install Sims onto it.It keeps freezing and won't update. I've updated it 3 times now it gets to 100% asks me if I allow it to make changes and I click yes. It then says a problem has occurred and needs to restart. It then wants me to update it again. Help how can I stop it
  • xStartsToShamexxStartsToShamex Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    Whenever I Try To Install Sims 3 Store Sets And Content It Installs And Says I Need To Update My Game!! :( So I Click Game Updates And It Says My Game Is Up To Date!! HELP ASAP!!
  • jeca0jecajeca0jeca Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Well,i have got some problems with Updates. My TS3 exp and stuff packs are up to date. In Game Updates says that my game is up to date. I refresh that page,but every time,same thing. My game IS up to date. When i enter the game,and want to log in,it says that my game must be up to date if i want to log in. But my game is up to date!!! I downloaded Sunlit Tides from some site which i saw on some Youtube channel. I downloaded it,and now,it is in my Launcher Downloads. When i go install,it says 'This pack needs game software update.Please make sure that your game is up to date.'What should i do? The worst thing is that i can't log in when i am in game. I was downloading MUCH things from many sites,and it always worked? Why is that happening? I was looking on this TS3 site Game Uploads,but i can't download it,i just can read it. Help! :\
  • dcassbbydcassbby Posts: 11
    edited January 2013
    My sims game keeps saying I need to install an update, and if I click cancel, the launch screen doesn't come up at all like it used to. But if I click install, it installs til about halfway (and takes forever to get there, might I add) but then it just exits out of it itself! When I open it again, the process repeats itself! EA, please fix this. I need sims!
  • cuddlez89cuddlez89 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I'm having some patch issues with the sims 3, I have several other games, I have uninstalled everything like 5 times and still it keeps saying that the patch won't update with this and its a recent patch update too.....8625-1.47.6.020001d I play it on mac, and I've heard mac isn't a good laptop to play, I mean I've been playing this for about two months or so and it was fine and everything till recently...I was able to install the contents from my download history and I am able to play as well and save just fine its just the update....How would I fix this and every time I launch the launcher theres an image that says "Oops! We are not able to process your request" and I have internet connection, but when I disable internet the image goes away and the game message board pops up?
  • kittymon266kittymon266 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I didn't uninstall my games, but reinstalling origin worked for me o.O

-->

There are several reasons why you might be having trouble installing the latest Sims 3 patch:

You are using an out of date version of Origin.
    You don't have Administrative privileges on your machine, or your admin privileges were set up incorrectly.
    You have installed unsupported third-party mods or other content.
    You have installed The Sims 3 in a location different than the default C drive location.

Here's what you should try to install the patch successfully:

Uninstall and reinstall Origin
    Uninstall Origin.
    Restart your computer.
    Download and install the latest version of Origin here: http://origin.com/download
    Open the newly installed Origin, and make sure it is fully up-to-date.
    Open The Sims 3 Launcher.
    The launcher should prompt you to update.
    Run the launcher as an Administrator
    Right-click on The Sims 3 Launcher, and select 'Run as...' in Windows XP, or 'Run as admin' in Vista.
    Uninstall and delete all third-party mods and unsupported content.
    After deleting all third-party content, you must manually uninstall The Sims 3 to completely get rid of the extra content.
    Note: Installing third-party software changes actual files in The Sims 3. Deleting the unsupported content will not erase the modifications to the game that the software installed.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have a solution for users who have installed The Sims 3 in a location other than the default. We recommend uninstalling the game, and then installing it in the default location.

If you cancelled your patch from downloading, and are unable to patch your game after cancelling, you will have to completely exit out of The Launcher and quit The Sims 3 game. After you have completely exited out of both The Launcher and The Sims 3, open The Launcher again and try to run your patch. You should now be able to download the latest update for The Sims 3.
  • brown1220033brown1220033 Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    I just had this same problem. After researching it, I discovered that the super patcher works better. :) Please refer to this site http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
  • PigsCanFly12PigsCanFly12 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    This exactly thing is happening to me, i got to play the game but it says something like you have to install the new update or something so i go to game update and it says there is nothing to update. It's really bothering me. I just want to play the **** game. :( :thumbdown:
  • kiranmegonekiranmegone Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    :( same, this morning I Installed the newest version on sims because everytime I went on sims it kept telling me to install, so yeah I did. I tried to download some stuff off the exchange and it's saying I need to get the latest version, I went on sims again to try and do it but It says I have the latest version!
  • Angelic_trancyAngelic_trancy Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    :( same, this morning I Installed the newest version on sims because everytime I went on sims it kept telling me to install, so yeah I did. I tried to download some stuff off the exchange and it's saying I need to get the latest version, I went on sims again to try and do it but It says I have the latest version!

i have this same problem!
  • xPardinaxPardina Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I just installed/bought TS3 along with the expansion pack for Pets and after playing for an hour, I didn't see anything involving pets while playing the game, so I exited to go download the Pets EP. I clicked install on the Origin launcher and it says that I don't have the Sims installed...

Not sure what the issue is, considering I have bought the game and it refuses to download.
  • pepperkittypepperkitty Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    so i try to update my game and it does then half way it just stops and disappears nothing even comes up confirming that it was downloaded or not what should i do ?
  • PancakeRhikiPancakeRhiki Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2013
    So I'm trying to install Generations ( I purchased it and downloaded it from the Store) and it keeps telling me I have to run the launcher and update my game first. I run the launcher and it tells me my game IS up to date, but then when I go back to try to install again, it tells me to update again. I can't install ANYTHING I download from the store.....what's going on?
  • SquigersaurusSquigersaurus Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I have an update which won't download properly...
    I will click update and it will be fine and do what it usually does but then once it's about to finish a message pops up which says something like "update failed" and so my game won't update now and it's annoying :(
    I can still play my game but I like to have it all up-to-date so, help me please?? :( </3 x
  • sunshine33765sunshine33765 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    to do this download origin and then log into origin using the details you use for sims 3 and than click on your status settings and change it to online then go to the sims3 launcher and click refresh hopefully thats what you do i did it! :mrgreen::mrgreen: :roll: :oops:
  • Shaelin99GintherShaelin99Ginther Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    [google][/google][google]hi, I really need help because every time I go on to my sims luncher it wants me to do the update, so I do but after the update is done it says install wizerd failed to update program, program will be determanatded or something like that and yes i have gone on every websit and try to put the problem patching on but it says the same thing and I like to downlode sims from the sims store but i have to update it so i dont get the sim I want so I rage :cry: really need help here. I know my spelling is not very good lol but need help ASAP :!: :!: :!:
  • gravelmorgangravelmorgan Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I updated my Sims 3 and it keeps saying that in order to log in I have to update and it's updated twice. What has anyone else done or know what to do? :?: :( :?
  • SazzlebazzleSazzlebazzle Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    hey i just bought the sims3 university. When i click through origin to install it it says i needa update my game, i have but everytime it gets to 99% finished it take hours and i mean hours and its still not finished, what do i do?
  • wittykitty01wittykitty01 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    i have almost the same darn problem when i click on the little icon on my desk top screen it will not open i don't know what to do can someone give me a tip of how to fix it also it keep saying when it did open it said disk is not in there when IT IS!! some help plz i am really un happy about it :roll: :cry:

• RINGO3503RINGO3503 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have had the sims basic disk for a while and this christmas i got supernatural i tried download things from the exchange to super natural but it says it needs to be updated BUT IT IS! so i opened a tab of sims and it would go away no matter what i do i deleted super natural thinking then it would leave but it wont and i cant install it back on because that tab is still open SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME! :!: :?: :!:
  • vkillaaavkillaaa Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    kalay5465 wrote:
    So my game is up to date but when i go to install the sims 3 generations it tells me that my game needs to be updated! help me ASAP!!!!!!! please?!!?

I Have the same problem. can someone help us!!!!!!!

ME TOOO FIX IT!

Me 3 I'm trying to download Sims 70's, 80's and 90's expansion pack but its keeps saying I need to update. I've uninstalled sims 3 and origin and reinstalled them both and my sims is 100000% up to date. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP PLEASE
  • indiaisawesomeindiaisawesome Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I am about to die. I have spent the last day trying to add new expansions packs onto my game. However, now it is saying that I have a big and I have to download a update but its not working.

This has happened to me a lot in the past so I always uninstall and it is ok. This time I intintally took it off because I was having trouble and I wanted to add the seasons and generations. I have the disks for the original sims 3, high end loft, and pets. I bought the seasons and generations online and tried using orbit (that website everyone says to use) however it didn't work. I tried completely deleting everything and installing only the sims game but that didn't even work. PLEASE HELP ME. I literally love sims and I am seriously crying.
  • Poohead62Poohead62 Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    kalay5465 wrote:
    So my game is up to date but when i go to install the sims 3 generations it tells me that my game needs to be updated! help me ASAP!!!!!!! please?!!?

I Have the same problem. can someone help us!!!!!!!

Exactly the same problem here! I just got Sims 3 University Life and I was so excited to play it and now it won't work! My game is fully updated but the Install-Wizard says I need the latest update.
  • Gilamonster456Gilamonster456 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    In my experience, the launcher can be pretty buggy. I get around this by manually downloading patches, which you can do here: http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v150-fix-manual-patch

For now, I think it's only for patch 1.50, so if you need a patch before 1.50, I'm not sure what to tell you. :P

(Don't worry about the ultimate fix thing, that's only if your game crashes constantly for no apparent reason. I'd recommend it if your game is virtually unplayable because of error 12, etc.)

I know most of you have the patch already but just in case some of you can't download new patches.