Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curse you Selena Savage! [The woman is Legend ] :D

There I was, working on Edna Mode's house while she slept. I moved her in because I was bored working on it and it seemed like it would be more fun to move her in and build on it as her needs dictate.

[Earlier that day]
Screenshot-974.jpg

So I'm in build mode and just placed a fountain spout and turned on Live mode to see it spray. I heard the sound of a cheap car and thought it odd since Edna is isolated high on the hill. So I go back to build mode...or I try to...when I'm informed that I can't because the house is being robbed.

:x She stole her piano!
Screenshot-982.jpg

No creepy music or any warning. :roll:
Screenshot-983.jpg

Then she stole her stove.
Screenshot-985.jpg

[neat trick] But now she's just showing off. :P
Screenshot-986.jpg

And now she's making a break for it with her ill-gotten goods. :x
Screenshot-987.jpg

You're being robbed!
Screenshot-988.jpg

Edna is a master of Simfu, but I have no interaction to stop this burglar. No brave trait. :roll:
Screenshot-989.jpg

But I can give her a makeover. What burglar could resist that. :mrgreen:
Screenshot-990.jpg

And Edna's true-blue roomie is making a call to the cops while she stalls the burglar for time.
Screenshot-991.jpg

"No no, horizontal stripes will only make you look short and fat.
Screenshot-993.jpg

Excellent, take your time.
Screenshot-994.jpg

Noo... this burglar isn't as stupid as she looks.
Screenshot-995.jpg

Augh! She's going to get away.
Screenshot-999.jpg

I got your name...Selena Savage. Your day is coming. :evil:
Screenshot-1000.jpg

No cops. Just a phone call saying she got away. :roll:
And Edna is too broke to afford a burglar alarm unless I sell something.
Screenshot-1001.jpg

This is so much more annoying when your sim is low on cash. :lol:
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited November 2010
    :lol: i always enjoy your picture threads! hehe poor girl. she looked so happy playing the piano. looks like someone has a hit over their heads now lol. which house is that? it's so pretty
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2010
    Linnyxx17 wrote:
    :lol: i always enjoy your picture threads! hehe poor girl. she looked so happy playing the piano. looks like someone has a hit over their heads now lol. which house is that? it's so pretty

This is a new one. I'm decorating it and play testing it. It's Edna Mode's house from the Incredibles. A loose interpretation anyway.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, they can and do rob you when you are not home as well as wide awake now - they are brave, cunning and sneaky. Brave helps so does that alarm.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    stewiesteviestewiestevie Posts: 13
    edited November 2010
    that house looks cool.. u should post it up on the exchange
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that house looks cool.. u should post it up on the exchange

I will. :)
    I'm currently trying to iron out some details. Pixar Edna Mode has some sort of Greek Bas-relief design on her wall. All I have are the Chinese dragons, but they are not subtle. I'm trying to tone it down. :P
    Screenshot-1002.jpg

I think I'll get rid of them altogether.
  • Options
    AletoilAletoil Posts: 130 New Member
    edited November 2010
    That is a riot...trying to stall the thief with conversation, lol.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2010
    LOL poor Edna. That was hilarious! :lol:
    The first thing I always get is burglar and fire alarms.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2010
    Great pics as always!.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited November 2010
    Funny CK! Great pics as always. Nice job on the house, I look forward to seeing the finished version.
  • Options
    NxyDolliNxyDolli Posts: 269
    edited November 2010
    I feel your pain - I rarely get fire/burglar alarms because my sims are usually low on money by this point, and I would much rather get them something to help satisfy their needs and wants.
    Then a burglar comes along and I have an "if only I..." moment. But it's fine - I always make them pay later...either by stealing something back if my sim's a kleptomaniac, or by stealing their husband if they're not.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    At least Edna can simply serve up some space rock gemstones. It took a couple of days, but she was able to buy a new piano, stove and BURGLAR ALARM. :)

Screenshot-1018.jpg
  • Options
    EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Why did you not just type in testingcheatsenabled then moveobjects on and just delete the thief?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    EN55 wrote:
    Why did you not just type in testingcheatsenabled then moveobjects on and just delete the thief?

What's the fun in that? :D
    Setbacks are annoying, but cheating kinda makes the game pointless.
  • Options
    EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I do not agree...
  • Options
    Brynn1998Brynn1998 Posts: 262
    edited November 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    EN55 wrote:

What's the fun in that? :D
    Setbacks are annoying, but cheating kinda makes the game pointless.
    totally agree. ruins the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    EN55 wrote:
    I do not agree...

To each their own.
    I'd rather have experienced that than typing in some code. Very boring.

This game is too easy as it is. I get a pay your bills notice when I forget to pay them. I never see the repoman unless I deliberately ignore the notice. That's lame.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited November 2010
    I agree with ck213 cheating is no fun. I would rather enjoy the subtle little things that pop up and give sims that unique o no situations. I found they also learn from these, but that was cool how u tried to stall that theif. lol to bad it did not work.
  • Options
    NxyDolliNxyDolli Posts: 269
    edited November 2010
    I agree as well - IRL if you get burgled you can't just think "well that was freaking inconvenient. *scribbles down testingcheatsenabled* there we go - no more burglar".
    sure it sucks to see your sims get burgled and the stuff you worked so hard to buy get taken right in front of your eyes, but it's a learning experience: in this case, buy a burglar alarm, or get the brave trait and pump some iron.
    Cheating makes the game too easy, and you miss lots of little challenges that get thrown your way if you just cheat your way through them...or so I think, anyway
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited November 2010
    That happened to me only it was in my High-Rise aparment..... and they stole my toilet :?

• Options
    zaiu1zaiu1 Posts: 167
    edited November 2010
    Great pics and story!
    EN55 wrote:

I've done this before, sadly it was a second after he stole something. To make matters worse when the police arrived and there was not thief in sight they fined me for playing with the phone lol.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited November 2010
    :shock:

:lol:

Oh, no! I almost feel sorry for Selena Savage--no one steals from CK's simmies with impunity. I shudder at the retribution that awaits her, hopefully in the form of a hideous make-over! :twisted:

The new build looks stunning, by the way, love all the open space. I have a feeling I'm going to be bulldozing all the EA pre-made homes and replacing them with your creations. I'm starting to think of my Bridgeport as "The Town That CK Built!"
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Darkling wrote:
    :shock:

:lol:

Oh, no! I almost feel sorry for Selena Savage--no one steals from CK's simmies with impunity. I shudder at the retribution that awaits her, hopefully in the form of a hideous make-over! :twisted:

The new build looks stunning, by the way, love all the open space. I have a feeling I'm going to be bulldozing all the EA pre-made homes and replacing them with your creations. I'm starting to think of my Bridgeport as "The Town That CK Built!"

Turning Edna temporarily into a vampire, befriending Selena and getting her to move in, feeding off her constantly then turning her into a vampire and stuffing her in a cage in broad daylight has crossed my mind. :twisted:

Edna is paying for the decoration of this home. It's slow going, but I'm stretching out my game until we get a decent patch. Once I'm satisfied with this house I will save a copy and Play Edna as a world traveling international super spy. Her past styling career will be her cover.

She's going to need more money anyway when it comes to replacing the default objects with cool CC ones and her car collection as well.
    Screenshot-1026.jpg

I have a few in there now just to see how they look in this space.Screenshot-1027.jpg

I still have some rooms to decorate and some landscaping to do. Have no idea what I'm going to do on those.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    sirona66 wrote:
    I agree with ck213 cheating is no fun. I would rather enjoy the subtle little things that pop up and give sims that unique o no situations. I found they also learn from these, but that was cool how u tried to stall that theif. lol to bad it did not work.

Yeah, and new game play ideas sometime come out of these situations, like what I'm going to do with Selena. :twisted:

It would have been so cool if Edna's stalling tactics worked. :D
  • Options
    stewiesteviestewiestevie Posts: 13
    edited November 2010
    i was looking at edna mode house pictures and it looks pretty acurete..it looks cool thou.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i was looking at edna mode house pictures and it looks pretty acurete..it looks cool thou.

I tried for accuracy, but now I'm starting to pull away and just make a fun house.
    I wanted to make the actual stairs like in the movie's house, but the constrain floor cheat really messes up the walls and limits window placement.
    Screenshot-949.jpg

Screenshot-948.jpg

So I just dropped that and settled for boring stairs.