Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Late Night WALL SPEAKERS!

Hey, I'm having some trouble with my game. I just made a new club and there is a bit of a problem with the wall speakers. I put them in on the walls, but when i played as a sims and went to my club, the music wasn't playing. I clicked on the wall speakers and it said ENABLE WALL SPEAKERS, but it was gray, so i couldn't enable it, but when my arrow hovered over it, it said, SIMS JAMMING NEARBY. Could someone help me? I have my lot on the exchange. Just go to my studio and it's called THE JANE. PLEASE HELP :!: :wink:

Comments

• JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi, I've had a discovery moment with the wall speakers. As long as it's not a technical matter. When you placed them in build mode, did you hold down Ctrl + Shift left click on them and add the ability to add triggers and links? Because you can link them together that way so they play the same thing at the same time, or change the music on them, (Which is classical by default.) After you've altered one speaker, you can clone it and it will respond the same, but you still need to link it to the other one. Hope this helps you. :D
  • blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i dont' think i pressed ctrl shift. All I did was just place them on the walls. Is it becuase I put them on several floors becuase my night club has 5 different floors. Also, when I mean it was gray, I meant the interaction with object couldn't be enabled by my sim. The lot type is an exclusive lounge and there is a pianist as well. Could this be the problem? Should i change it to a night club?
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited November 2010
    I discovered that if sims are jamming nearby, the speakers will not
    activate until the jamming is finished. I am not sure about the piano
    player but the same is probably true there, also.

My suggestion, since you have 5 floors, is to make one floor for dancing
    and put the speakers there, make another lounge type floor and put the
    piano player there and make a floor with the instruments for jamming. That
    way each thing will be separate and should work.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2020
    There were no sims jamming nearby. I had to reset the speakers.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on