Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartment building questions

Ok. I’ve read many posts regarding building apartments and I’m a bit lost with words.

I know how to expand the apartment to make the living are larger within the floor, but I have too many questions:

Hottubs.
I’ve tried to place a hottub in my apartment and I can’t (of course I use "testingcheatsenabled true", "buydebug", "rbbb off" and “moveobjects on”), so I guess hottubs need a floor below of your own (as with swimming pools). Is that right?

Shells.
I really don’t know what these are. By reading so many posts I think these are some kind of object that is used to change the aspect of the building outside.

Skyscrapers.
Some people say that you can build your own apartment from scratch, and I don’t doubt it, but there’s a limit in height (I think it’s 4 stores), so, how can you build a skyscraper apartment if you can’t build more than 4 floors?

If wall mailboxes can’t be placed? How can you include them? Is it possible to change the normal mailbox into a wall mailbox? Are these special mailboxes just for apartments? How can you make a residential lot an apartment lot?

I haven’t bought the prima guide but I think all this information is not included there. Why EA haven’t included this in it? This is a major and difficult feature that must have been included.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• dragonfire351dragonfire351 Posts: 129 New Member
    edited November 2010
    The only thing on here I know about are shells. Shells are the actual areas that your sim has access too like hallways, his/her own apartment, etc. The area outside of the shell is blacked out.