Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unable to install the new patch "invalid file"

iv spent about 30 mins waiting for this to download, and when it looks like its at 100% "invalid file" what ? :shock: doesn't even say which file is invalid ...

update error: ivalid file

getting irritated now
iv removed my last stuff pack the install didnt go correctly, iv put all the ini files back to what they used to be, whats left?!?

apparently its updated ambitions fine .. but now .. the sims 3 wont update :?

now my base game is incompatible with my expansion pack ...

Comments

• Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem.. nothing so far has worked for me :(
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    double post
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited October 2010
    HELP *bump* :(!

urgh :(
  • Options
    andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2010
    I had to reinstall my game (luckily I didn't loose anything)and when all the names of files were appearing I noticed one called crashes.exe that was directed right into the data file. This might give evidence that EA are purposly putting these issues into the game for a laugh (probably not, and is probably a different kind of crash that is involved in the game)
  • Options
    Crys1Crys1 Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I can't install the newest patch because the same thing happens to me that happened to drowssap. It looks like it is going to finish then I get the "Invalid File" BS. I ran the thing at Sim Wiki that was recommended, and There were no Red files.

What do we do now??
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited November 2010
    drowssap,

When you open up your game launcher, at the bottom left-hand corner you will find a series of icons. Hover over the very far left one with your mouse and tell me what it's saying for the version number. Then we can locate the patch to bring it up to sync with Ambitions for you.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    sleepingbag20sleepingbag20 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I got the right update after asking on this forum but whenever I install it, it downloads completely then fails to install
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think i may have the solution. If you have messed with any .ini files (for ex. VideoCamera.ini) this usually results in Invalid File. If you have, you might want to return them to their normal state.