Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play with Genetics is blah.

I don't like the way Play with Genetics looks in CAS.
I think the pictures are too small.
Is there a way I could change them?
I liked the larger screen in TS2 where I could see the Offspring's face and know whether or not I wanted that one before choosing it.
Eh...I just think Play with Genetics is blah. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I agree.
    I'd like the pic to be bigger, too.
  • Options
    anne06simsanne06sims Posts: 91 New Member
    edited October 2010
    You can see them bigger by making smaller the screen resolution.
  • Options
    marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....
  • Options
    Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I liked the larger screen in TS2 where I could see the Offspring's face and know whether or not I wanted that one before choosing it.

MB after you make the babies with genetics you can pull them into cas and see what they look like
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

Im going in my game to play in cas with genetics. Ill be back with step by step instructions LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:

MB after you make the babies with genetics you can pull them into cas and see what they look like
    I think she knows that, or at least I do. I just want a bigger/clearer pic, so I can see what they look like instead of having to pull them into CAS.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

Here is what you do. pick a male and a female. the 3rd sim chose option play with genetics. A baby will now pop up from the 2 parents. chose to age that baby to YA and hit the check mark and it will pull that baby/YA into cas so you know what it will look like as YA. do this several times to make sure the 2 sims you may pair off together do not make any mutated babies!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

Here is what you do. pick a male and a female. the 3rd sim chose option play with genetics. A baby will now pop up from the 2 parents. chose to age that baby to YA and hit the check mark and it will pull that baby/YA into cas so you know what it will look like as YA. do this several times to make sure the 2 sims you may pair off together do not make any mutated babies!!!

Yes, I know all about that. LOL.
    But, I just wish the pic were bigger so I wouldn't have to do all of that.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    SimsARL wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:

I think she knows that, or at least I do. I just want a bigger/clearer pic, so I can see what they look like instead of having to pull them into CAS.

Well if she doesn't she does now and pulling them to CAS is the best way to see what that sim actually looks like. Even if the pic was bigger, CAS view is better!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    SimsARL wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:

Well if she doesn't she does now and pulling them to CAS is the best way to see what that sim actually looks like. Even if the pic was bigger, CAS view is better!!!
    I suppose.
    I just wish we could have the bigger pic, still. ):
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

OK LOL!!! Like I was just saying to ARL even if the pic was bigger. CAS is still the best pace to actually see what a sim looks like. And the fact that you can rotate your sim to get all angles of the face. One pic in genetics wont do this even if bigger.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

OK LOL!!! Like I was just saying to ARL even if the pic was bigger. CAS is still the best pace to actually see what a sim looks like. And the fact that you can rotate your sim to get all angles of the face. One pic in genetics wont do this even if bigger.

Yeah.
    I mean, I'd take them into CAS anyways afterwards but I never even use PwG because I don't like the way it looks. I just click it really quick, then head straight back to CAS to tweak them.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    SimsARL wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:
    SimsARL wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:

I suppose.
    I just wish we could have the bigger pic, still. ):
    Yes but you still wont be able to rotate your sim to get all angles of the face which I think is really important. I have seen people who make sims they look good from the front and they never check side view!!! I loaded a sim looked good from the front but the side view looked like they had a witch nose it was so long !!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    Jodi22 wrote:
    anne06sims wrote:

Really?
    Hmmm....

Yeah.
    I mean, I'd take them into CAS anyways afterwards but I never even use PwG because I don't like the way it looks. I just click it really quick, then head straight back to CAS to tweak them.

I use genetics all the time before paring sims off because I dont want any more alien babies!! LOL. I dont pay attention to what they look like in the 'TINY" genetic box because I need them in cas anyway
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, good night, everyone.
    My eyes are starting to blur. :shock:
    Hopefully, the next time I post, I will have LN.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, good night, everyone.
    My eyes are starting to blur. :shock:
    Hopefully, the next time I post, I will have LN.

Good night catch you tomorrow and good luck with LN