Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    edited January 2012
    OK, I hope someone can help me here. My Sim is in Appaloosa Plains and there are 2 band members in my band. Before patch 1.29, my Sim was able to get gigs but after patching the game to the latest patch, there are no gig opportunities!

Why is this so? Also I never register my Sim as a self employed and he was still able to get gigs. By the way, I created 4 band instruments for my town as Appaloosa Plains does not have the opportunity to play gigs unless one creates one.

Is anybody else facing the same problem? What should I do now? Should I restart my game?

Thanks!

:(
  • mackendall2mackendall2 Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    One of the problems that I'm having is that I do not have the ability to hire a butler, it is not listed under services. :?
  • 63katwiz63katwiz Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug. I have 4 expansion packs installed (LATE NIGHT, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets). My sims in Bridgeport had a family with 2 kids, and when the 3rd child (daughter) was brought home from the hospital, the option "Change Name" in the City hall disappeared as well as the Sue for Slander. The option Pay off Paparazzi and Deflect Scandal also disappeared when rumors had been spreading about them, etc.

So, what I did is to create a new game with a new sim (saved separately) but also in Bridgeport.Everything went well and later the same problem occurred. The change name, sue for slander, deflect scandal and pay off paparazzi also disappeared.

Do you have some solutions on how to correct this problem?
  • BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Yeh I still can't get into a house when I get invited to a party, its very annoying. Flats are fine thought. :shock:
  • beckapotamusbeckapotamus Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    I've had problems with the Serenade action; I stopped/cancelled the action in the middle of it, my Sim reset to somewhere else and the piano froze up. It wouldn't let me play it, and I tried to move it in Buy/Build mode and it said I couldn't because it was in use. I had this issue with the piano, I didn't try it for any of the other instruments. The only way I found to fix it was to move and it got put into my storage. Anyone else have this problem? (sorry if there was already a post about this, I didn't have the attention span to go through 132 pages).
  • babygirl2585babygirl2585 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    ok my sims if i create sims and then play with genetics or if they are born in game then the sims will come out deformed like the one i have now the sim literally has a but on its back and before she aged up the sim looked like a spider or something of the like
  • TifaAmakuraTifaAmakura Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2012
    cool. :)
  • SchardonnaySchardonnay Posts: 6
    edited March 2012
    just downloaded late night a week a go...few,issues:

1. sim is always late for work
    2. sim cant leave clubs (and my pc hard/software is up to date) and game doesnt appear to be "frozen"..not to mention other sims are in the same spot for days! even after i move
    3. when i get to parties or have one no one shows but i get a thought saying "good party"
    4. havent seen any vamps
  • whiteroseswrathwhiteroseswrath Posts: 17
    edited March 2012
    I'm having trouble with a glitch when ever i try to use the vampirism cure it make my sims stay freeze but wont do anything i reset it to there normal and try to do the same process again to make them use the potion the same thing so i wondering what is it doing that plus i remove all the mod CAS i had b4 so i will make an extra save in case something happen to my sims character. :) advise would help.
  • xoashley12xoxoashley12xo Posts: 12
    edited April 2012
    Ignore this post i done figured out what i was asking sorry
  • lickle_redlickle_red Posts: 23
    edited April 2012
    So i take it there are still a lot of bugs with late night ?

I have all ep's up to pets instlled except late night because i was having so many problems with it, thought i'd check the forums to see if any are still coming up (especially the crowd bug - :()

looks like i'll still not be installing it after all *sigh* . . . .
  • DrGirlfriend1DrGirlfriend1 Posts: 16
    edited April 2012
    I am having quite a few of the issues caused by the Late Night bugs. When I invite a guest they will either never show up or run away shortly after showing up which is making it impossible for my Sim to get engaged or married. She even invited a foreign guest and had the same thing happened. He came over they chatted once and he took off running down the street. I don't know where he went, I don't know if he's still a guest, if he is still in the city, if he went home.... Also, when my Sim goes to a party the host is not there or the party has just ended. I read that these are some of the issues, but I'm not clear on whether or not this patch fixes those problems. I don't want to ruin my game... what do I do?
  • pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm haveing a very big problem,I think its a glich im not really sure..But My sim keeps trying to marry matthew hamming and when they do get marryed,.My game gets stuck on the prosseing screen,.

I save my game befor they get marryed becose it keeps doing it,.

Iv never had this problem befor,.Is there any thing i can do to keep it from geting stuck on the prossing screen?

If not then mabe ill never be able to get them marryed.:(
  • DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2012
    I picked a house in bridgeport, and got the bug infestation challenge. When I accepted it, it didn't load. I was stuck in the overview of the city with no options. I gave it more than 10 minutes to load, and zip happened.

Also, if you live in a high rise apartment, you can't practice the guitar alone. Ya just walk towards a neighbor's door and stop.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Prrsha_VrrnPrrsha_Vrrn Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I picked a house in bridgeport, and got the bug infestation challenge. When I accepted it, it didn't load. I was stuck in the overview of the city with no options. I gave it more than 10 minutes to load, and zip happened.

Also, if you live in a high rise apartment, you can't practice the guitar alone. Ya just walk towards a neighbor's door and stop.

I have found a work around for the bug infestion freeze challenge. When the game freezes, alt-tab to windows and click on your task bar. Right click on sims 3 then click close window. Left click on sims 3 and the game will resume again with an option to save your game. Save it and reload it and you will start off with the challenge. I hope this helps! :3
  • HotBlackBabeHotBlackBabe Posts: 250
    edited June 2012
    If your Sims are running late for work, try and Put them in their Default Career uniform/outfit and then send them to work. I had the same problem but when i did that they went to work just fine.

Hope this helps. :P
  • YazmynnaYazmynna Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2012
    At my sim's house, I can't place anything outdoors. It says "Cannot add, change, or remove objects outside of your unit." This is not an apartment. It isn't even in Bridgeport. It's in Appaloosa Plains. I have Pets, Generations, Ambitions, World Adventures, and Town Life Stuff installed as well. Other than expansion packs, I have very little custom content.
    Weird, now it fixed itself... sorry...
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have everything, I was trying to build a condo in Lucky Palms like they have in Late Night, I've done it before in other towns (Riverview, Sunset Valley, Twinbrooks,and so on). The problem is the Late Night apartment mailbox is missing, its not showing up when I use the testingcheatsenabled buydebug cheat.
  • SibygalSibygal Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Invisible Sims/Disappearing Control Panel

First game: I chose the Angelista household to play (Lala & Tiara). First day I played was fine. Second day, Lala (mother) disappeared though I could still see her in the Friend's List. I kept playing, thinking nothing of it. Third day, I load my game to find the control panel missing. Can't control anything, the F1/F2/F3/etc keys don't work at all. "Q" allows me to exit the game though. (ctrl + C does not work)

I spend the next day trying to find a way to fix it and fail, so I delete my game - as the only explanation I can find is that its corrupt.

Second game: I make a pair of twins who live together. One is an actress the other, an athlete. Day one is fine. Day two is fine. I make several different saves. Day three ends like all the rest, I save my games. When I log back on the fourth day, the control panel is gone and they are invisible. However, the actress finishes work and gets a promotion, which appears in the top right corner panel. Other than this oddity, I'm still trapped in this stupid glitch, which has affected all of my saves.

I have since deleted the saved games and uninstalled Late Night, which disappoints me to no end.

I don't have any mods. Late Night was the first and only expansion I bought for Sims 3. I also did not have any sort of back up saves file or whatnot. I haven't had these games for more than two weeks. I was really looking forward to some of the other expansions/packs but after this, I'm not so sure.

If there are any fixes for this problem, I haven't been able to find them yet.
  • OmgeeitsbrendiOmgeeitsbrendi Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Hi I have a question, my Sim can't wooho or try for a baby and when she does she automatically teleports herself off the be without me controlling her. I tired it over and over plenty of times! And I know it's only happening to my Sim Bc when I tried woohoo with a different Sim they can but for some reason she can't. And if she does get pregnant she glitches! Please help a fellow simmer :/ my biggest fear is having to use a diffrent Sim Bc she is my favorite. :oops:
    edited July 2012
    Also I tried reseting her and the rest of the town.
    edited July 2012
    Hi I have problem my Sim can't woohoo or try for a bab, when she tries somehow both of the Sims get teleported off the bed automatically without me controlling it. And when she does get pregnant she glitches and can't give birth! Can you tell me what I can do to fix it? I tried reseting the Sim and town and putting her in a diffrent game. My biggest fear is having to use a new Sim Bc she is my favorite, please help a fellow simmer :(
  • GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited July 2012
    kelnadine wrote:
    Music randomly started playing in my Sim's house. I know it's coming from downstairs, because it's quieter upstairs, but there is nothing anywhere on the lot that could be playing it. I've searched, very very carefully.

This has to be a bug.

That haapened to me! It was a creepy music that I have never heard in the ga,e before. It was like "attached" to my little girl then my game crash soon after.
  • GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited July 2012
    decoyboy wrote:
    just got the problem where sims get stuck on club lots. mine were stuck on plasma 501. i tried removing it and re-adding it, and also just removing it. they are all still stuck. so annoying.
    xztrc.jpg"width=600"

Im having the same problem also at Plasma 501, but not as bad. EA still hasn't fixed it, and it just makes me so mad.

EDIT: Replacing the lot fixes the problem. But it brings up another problem. Plasma 501 is on a 40x55 lot....they don't have those....
  • GraceDavisGraceDavis Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Gnjburgess wrote:
    decoyboy wrote:
    just got the problem where sims get stuck on club lots. mine were stuck on plasma 501. i tried removing it and re-adding it, and also just removing it. they are all still stuck. so annoying.
    xztrc.jpg"width=600"

Im having the same problem also at Plasma 501, but not as bad. EA still hasn't fixed it, and it just makes me so mad.

EDIT: Replacing the lot fixes the problem. But it brings up another problem. Plasma 501 is on a 40x55 lot....they don't have those....

I hate that Some of the lots they dont have in the Game,,, its Crazy especially when your trying to build a world :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top