Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• RaindaRainda Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I have not seen anyone else with this current issue that I am having. I called into support and they could not help. Just directed me to the forums :shock:
    I do not have any mods installed and I took out all my CC. Here is the problem I am having. I just got enough money to buy the Wall installed digital fishiness display but nothing shows up inside the tank. I had two, deleted one then the other, and then replaced them. I have cleared out the tank and replaced the fish. I have tried adding random and single types.I feed them, try to watch them, moved the tank to different locations in my house. Still nothing. Anyone else having this trouble?
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2010
    bug i got since NL... launcher says its stoped working, and closes, but the game still starts. Sometimes not always, go to edit town, game crashes to bar and then closes. Sometimes not always, saveing to quit, game saves but game crashes, to bar and then closes. 2 sims in hot tub, both stiped, one gets the react to strip, and the other one disappears or actually is still there, but invisible. Seems those are the ones i noticed so far, and they are annoying, but not severe.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    @Jodi22: You don't need to update for me. I'm just would like to keep this to NEW bugs, cause I do have a beta plan on why I'm doing this thread: I like to update my german blog with all the latest bugs and since I already have lots of them for the old ones (don't want to those lists atm), I'd rather have only reports for the newest patch/LN. I hope you understand my point of view on this.

@QTamrinta: The opportunity bugs seem to be pretty common. It seems that the opportunity is actually for building in another hood. While this is obvious for the named buildings, it isn't as much for the city hall or the police station. Will add the skill bug

@alkbaby17: Also reported before. No solutions yet

@Rainda: Are you sure your noMosaic mod is out ? You might need to delete your cache files

@sirona66: You will need to report crashing and launcher problems in the tech forum. Lots of people with those problems there. As for the invisible sim: That's an old bug that they obviously did not fix. If you want to use a mod, you can use DebugEnabler by twallan (or was it MC ?) to make him visible again.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @Jodi22: You don't need to update for me. I'm just would like to keep this to NEW bugs, cause I do have a beta plan on why I'm doing this thread: I like to update my german blog with all the latest bugs and since I already have lots of them for the old ones (don't want to those lists atm), I'd rather have only reports for the newest patch/LN. I hope you understand my point of view on this.

@QTamrinta: The opportunity bugs seem to be pretty common. It seems that the opportunity is actually for building in another hood. While this is obvious for the named buildings, it isn't as much for the city hall or the police station. Will add the skill bug

@alkbaby17: Also reported before. No solutions yet

@Rainda: Are you sure your noMosaic mod is out ? You might need to delete your cache files

@sirona66: You will need to report crashing and launcher problems in the tech forum. Lots of people with those problems there. As for the invisible sim: That's an old bug that they obviously did not fix. If you want to use a mod, you can use DebugEnabler by twallan (or was it MC ?) to make him visible again.

Im really tempted to update. What I may do this weekend Is save what I need to save then update just in case I have to uninstall everything. If I do will let you know how it goes and what types of glitches I come across "IF" the game does not crash.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited October 2010
    My sim turned invisible after returning from china. His vampire wife turned while they were away. He was still in the household, but not even the icon on his head was visible. Is it a bug?
    edited October 2010
    Yes, an old one. There is only a mod that solves that problem. Let me know if you want to know.

@Jodi: Good luck
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    Sgizzle09
    Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it..

This is a feature. Grand even hinted it in the Town Hall event. Some Guru also stated that there is another funny walk when they get rejected.

crinrict wrote:
    CAELUM74
    My sim's traits changed randomly. She had finished a gig and was talking to someone at the bar afterwards when all of a sudden she started doing one of the insane actions. She's not insane! I checked her traits and 3 out of the 5 had changed to something else. Then they went back to what I had given her. When she got back home and got into bed, they were back to the traits I didn't pick. I had to quit the game then and go to bed myself so I don't know if I'll still have that problem today or not.

This is a feature as well. The traits might change temporarily if a sim drinks to much or with a certain drink. However When the sim was hom and traits changed again, might be a glitch
  • whveenwhveen Posts: 18
    edited October 2010
    #1. My sim has trouble undressing for a bath, or hotub, to go swimming, for bed, or just to change her outfit. She will stand in a spot for about one or two sim hours not changing clothes...pretty much frozen on the spot, only able to move her arms and make noises. In the icon, on the top left part of the screen, there is no picture of what I want my sim to do..there is just a white background inside of the icon.

#2. If I ask my sim to socialize with someone she also just stands in a spot for about 1 or 2 sim hours..she then finally goes up to the person, stands there a little longer, and then finally talks. It is pretty annoying really..there is also no image in the icon, only a white icon instead of a picture that you usually see. If I put my mouse over it, it says what I want my sim to do.

#3. When my sim gets out of the hotub her body gets in this very strange position as if she is possesed or something. This is very strange.

#4. The lights on the ceilings that are supposed to flicker at a club dont flicker..the light just stays solid.

#5 Things are more laggy/slow than usual, especially when my sim moves around..

#6. Sometimes I cannot see any images in the bubbles above the sims heads when they are socializing.

I have a few Custom Content hair/clothing (not many) I do not have any mods.
  • Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited October 2010
    my sim can't interact with any other sims...i can't even click on my own sim to change her outfit / answer her phone or use any of the other interactions you can get when clicking on your sim. She can talk to them on the phone, but they're unclickable in person.
  • chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2010
    I installed both the patch and Late Night EP before i took all the custom content out. I also just tried taking all the files out that you stated in your first post and they still won't go to work. Do i need to uninstall and reinstall??
    edited October 2010
    @geminiagre: Thanks for posting that. Will change.

@whveen: The bubbles thing does seem to be caused by the nomosaic hack. Are you sure you don't have that ? The animations are off sometimes. I think, I'm not going to add that. As for the other things, all on the list (not in so many words, but I guess, it's still the same problem.

@Beth8301: You really should take out your mods.

@chr1ssymuah: I don't think that would help either. Did you start a new game ?

EDIT: Liam, please go to bed alright.

AHQ Tutorial

• Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    Yes, an old one. There is only a mod that solves that problem. Let me know if you want to know.

@Jodi: Good luck

Thanks. Im gonna need some luck! Ill let you know what happens if I do it!
  • chr1ssymuahchr1ssymuah Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2010
    No. I have only started the 1 new game since the installation of Late Night. That 1 game is the one with the problem of not being able to go to work.
  • SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited October 2010
    The only problem I have had so far is trying to place the subway entrances onto the island and land on Barnacle Bay. I named the subways, and also tried on both commercial and resident lots, but it freezes the game.
    edited October 2010
    @chr1ssymuah: What level/ job is your sim ?

@Simcousin: Only Barnacle Bay or other hoods too ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Dunno if this is a bug or just a vampire reminiscing over their last meal before turning thingie but...

When my sim was normal her favorite food was cookies.
    But after she became a Vampire her favorite food turned into macaroni and cheese.

Her last meal was macaroni and cheese so if it's because of that, I guess it would make sense. But if it's not because of that just another bug eh?
  • Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2010
    manwitch wrote:
    My hot tub broke and I called the repairman to fix it, now, 3 DEAD repairmen later I deleted it and just got another?? All the repairmen died while trying to fix it I can't believe this is intentional soooo... a bug I suppose! :?:

Manwitch...I actually started laughing when I read your post. I know it's probably not funny to you, but it kind of is. I just picture all these repairmen lying around your sims house..lol.
  • NikitaRoseNikitaRose Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2010
    Okay I've been playing quite a bit today and I have a few more glitches. I've removed all of my cc that wasn't from EA Sims Store and have no mods installed.

Wish pops up to Eat at the Bistro. (There is no Bistro - Steve's and Hogans)

35% sale - no place given. Happens with every sale - took a snap:
    1z4ids3.png

Only bar there are customers is Waylons. Everywhere else is completely empty. When bar closes, lots of people are shown exiting (you can't speak to any) and getting in their cars but they are not in the bar prior to closing time. Sim is always alone in every other bar except for mixologists and bouncers. The Hotspots are all not.

Newly created Sim moved from small house after several weeks to a cheap high rise per wish, suddenly a butler popped up that she never hired and took $1,200 for her weekly salary. And I still have to clean my own shower! Hoping that this gets fixed quickly because my Sim is poor and going to get poorer by the week at this rate. :lol:

When talking to one Sim at a party (a vampire named Rafael) and asking his career - it popped up that she learned the career of a completely different Sim (Mick) that she hadn't met yet and I couldn't even locate this Sim at the party. During the entire conversation she was apparently talking to the absent Nick, yet he never showed up in her Friends nor at the party.

And, the strangest glitch of all. Every time I load the game - an error message pops up that says EA Download Manager is not working (the usual Windows crash msg that searches for a reason) - then the game loads! I can download no content. I upgraded my EADM and that is how I got my game to begin with through DD. Not sure what to do about this.
    edited October 2010
    Last round of answers for today. Going to bed soon.

@Sphire_Ziemia: Sounds a lot like a feature. I will add it tomorrow, maybe someone else can shed light on that

@NikitaRose: You're statement makes me wonder if those Sims are all invisible. So maybe there ARE people in the club, one just can't see them. I'll add the message thing tomorrow. Butlers seem to be way buggy. For the launcher thing you should go to the tech forum.

Ok guys. Thanks for all the reports. Please keep reporting (and bumping this). I might not have time for this till tomorrow evening (CET). Depends on the little one :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @PsychYourMind08: Did you check the various crash threads (namly the second one I posted in the first post) ? I will add the not being able to place lots to the post. What are the symptoms to that ? Does it crash or can't you place at all or does it just not save ?

@Iccarus: Do you have any mods ? Will add yours to the list as well.

As for the no people at the club thing:

- What are your specs ? (just graphic card, CPU, RAM and OS will do, please NO Dxdiag)
    - Do you have SP on or off ?

I'll check out the crash thread and see if that works when I get home later tonight.

As for not being able to place lots, nothing really happens at all. I'll place down a huge lot size in the world edit tool (biggest size) and when I click on a club to put down, even a small one, no map tags show up and I can't place it down, almost like it is too big for any of the lot sizes or something (even when it is not) I just though I had no room in Bridgeport so I tried Sunset Valley, and even with enough space and huge lots (placed in various places) there were still no options as to where to put my clubs. I then tried a consignment store of the same size, and available lots appeared.

Once you place an empty plot down click and select the type you want,then if you cannot place your built up lot on that plot try clicking on it with the bulldozer tool and it sometimes deletes whatever is blocking the lot from placing what you wanted on that lot

Thanks for this, I did what you said and changed the lot type and it worked :)

So far, the only bugs I (still) have are still the game launcher bug (which seems to be popular) and also the game crashed when I try to take up foundation on a community lot...BUT! I tried it again at my sims' home, and nothing bad happened. I used the testingcheatsenabled cheat at the club since I wanted to alter it while sims were there and I think that was the problem. If it happens again *without* cheats, I'll consider it a serious issue. But I'm going to try to go with the former and assume I'm just not suppose to build in clubs while they are active :lol:

And I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but my clubs are completely dead. I saw a few sims the first club I went to, but ever since then . I've had 0 luck. And I just updated my computers specs last month.
  • PuckhawkPuckhawk Posts: 136
    edited October 2010
    Theres a glitch with newborn babies.

There born with a nice chunk out of the side of their head. Its like someone took a bite out of it! By toddlerhood its its normal. This happens with vamp and non vamp babies in my game.
  • NikitaRoseNikitaRose Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:

@NikitaRose: You're statement makes me wonder if those Sims are all invisible. So maybe there ARE people in the club, one just can't see them. I'll add the message thing tomorrow. Butlers seem to be way buggy. For the launcher thing you should go to the tech forum.

Ok guys. Thanks for all the reports. Please keep reporting (and bumping this). I might not have time for this till tomorrow evening (CET). Depends on the little one :)

Crin, thank YOU. Just having you compile all this and having somewhere to talk about the issues is so great. I want to say how much I appreciate it. :thumbup:
  • decoyboydecoyboy Posts: 169 New Member
    edited October 2010
    kinda same problem as icarus. level 3 mixologist got opportunity for moonlighting at the bar. went to the bar, bartender said go for it, yet whenever a customer shows up the icon for "serve drink" or "serve food" pops up and disappears and my sim does nothing.
  • YungSimYungSim Posts: 28 New Member
    edited October 2010
    the lights on the Gobo light dont show up and the party machine dosent do anything at all! does anyone else have this problem? :(
  • ocrazyokoocrazyoko Posts: 66 New Member
    edited October 2010
    YungSim wrote:
    the lights on the Gobo light dont show up and the party machine dosent do anything at all! does anyone else have this problem? :(

Did you have a sim click on it and turn it on? They are really cool, hope you get that glitch figured out.

On the topic, I decided to make my (regular) house lights blacklight just to see what they looked like, but when I went to change them back to normal lights it was a no-go. Kinda silly. If I put the blacklight bulb in there I should be able to take it out! Hmph. Just deleted the lights and replaced them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top