Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @PsychYourMind08: Did you check the various crash threads (namly the second one I posted in the first post) ? I will add the not being able to place lots to the post. What are the symptoms to that ? Does it crash or can't you place at all or does it just not save ?

@Iccarus: Do you have any mods ? Will add yours to the list as well.

As for the no people at the club thing:

- What are your specs ? (just graphic card, CPU, RAM and OS will do, please NO Dxdiag)
    - Do you have SP on or off ?

I'll check out the crash thread and see if that works when I get home later tonight.

As for not being able to place lots, nothing really happens at all. I'll place down a huge lot size in the world edit tool (biggest size) and when I click on a club to put down, even a small one, no map tags show up and I can't place it down, almost like it is too big for any of the lot sizes or something (even when it is not) I just though I had no room in Bridgeport so I tried Sunset Valley, and even with enough space and huge lots (placed in various places) there were still no options as to where to put my clubs. I then tried a consignment store of the same size, and available lots appeared.

Once you place an empty plot down click and select the type you want,then if you cannot place your built up lot on that plot try clicking on it with the bulldozer tool and it sometimes deletes whatever is blocking the lot from placing what you wanted on that lot
  • marty38marty38 Posts: 550 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Guys

I have sims 3 and WA.I have removed all my cc and have no mods. I updated with the newest patch and my game works now but I have a wierd graphic glitch for the new curved pools....it makes a pool but leaves the floor texture in place. For the fountains and sometimes the curved pools it tells me I need to place a basement first??? Also the new platforms build fine but their tops appear 2 squares over from where they are placed. Can't get late night for a while yet but seemed a reasonable place to post.

Any ideas???

Thanks

martyxxx :D
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2010
    @julienrob2004: Added

@maria_loves_alex: .. and then they tell you, store stuff is always safe ... added

@marty38: Are your graphic drivers uptodate ? If so I would suggest posting that in the technical forum.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict - This just came to me. I dont know if its a glitch but just with the base game, with progression on, no one advances at their job in my game. Meaning the sims I dont play.
  • simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited October 2010
    ANOTHER BUG ALERT!

Vampires can go out the in Sun most of the time and not get a negative moodlet!

**Sorry if this has been posted, i'm too lazy to go through every single post :D**
  • Jodi22Jodi22 Posts: 4,776 New Member
    edited October 2010
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    ANOTHER BUG ALERT!

**Sorry if this has been posted, i'm too lazy to go through every single post :D**

From what I understand this is not a bug and that vampires can go out in daylight
  • simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jodi22 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    ANOTHER BUG ALERT!

From what I understand this is not a bug and that vampires can go out in daylight

They can, but daylight will bring upon a negative moodlet and they will start smoking up. It should happen every time they step into daylight but sometimes they can just roam around.
  • Golden77523Golden77523 Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2010
    Has anyone had any problems with the butler? My sim has called to hire him twice now, and he doesn't come. I put his bed in the house and declared it as his, but no butler. :(
  • Golden77523Golden77523 Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2010
    sorry double post & I don't know how to delete it :oops:
  • BlingjohnnyBlingjohnny Posts: 355 Member
    edited October 2010
    When i click on the play icon on the launcher just before the game loads it says your sims 3 launcher has stopped working, while my game is loading the theme music plays, my game then loads up and i have no sound at all. I can do eveything else except hear any sound in the game. I installed the latest patch for sliders etc (Regret installing it). Anyone know whats wrong?

Help please!
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    This is just a listing of errors found by people. I've something is common or has a solution, I move it to the first post (vs. bottom).

From various threads:
    - No bouncer or mixologists on duty

robsebones:
    - There are no bartenders at the bar in any of the clubs. They are all dancing. A bunch of 'mixologists' were just standing at the doorway of a club, again, no one at the bar.
    - Asking someone to join my band. Again, he flickers off and appears a bit away from the sim he asked.

Peppaharrison:
    - Cant get into the clubs even though I have enough stars

BrittneyLee
    - All kinds of problems with butlers. Either no show or a lot of them at the same time.

CloudyLuik
    - I can only dance on tables and counters every once in awhile, not all the time. (dunno if thats a bug or not).
    - I do not see my sims dancing any differently than before. I have tried dancing together, at home, alone, radio, wall radio or even live music.
    - Sound shuts off, music, on stereos and in the clubs. Has happened alot!
    - My sims wont jog, but run instead

Starscolapse
    the fountian curves and pool curves are not working right. I try and place it at the edges but the curve only faces one way.. Also i cannot get my paintings tomove up and down on the wall..

dirtysanchez151:
    Wish to have a hottub with the Patch (LN required for Hot tubs)

AmberNicole1989:
    I have some bugs. Randomly one of their meters will go the whole way down. Like for example my fun when from full to red in a split second. Also a main one that is making me angry; I married two sims and moved them in together. It COMPLETELY took away their relationship and listed them as friends but with the same last name, and they are living together. Another one now is the sim I married can't go to work. I click on it and it just disappears.

simsAsyraf:
    Toddlers can use elevators. They stretch and press the button.

PsychYourMind08:
    - My game seems to crash when I try to take up the stage tool in one of my custome clubs
    - I can't seem to place down any of the LN lots anywhere, I tried SV but got nothing (even with open space) and I can't place my bonus clubs. Any lots prior to Late Night are still placeable.
    - In my custom club, strobe lights are on but have no effect. Other lights (gobo, blacklights, FX machine) work fine.

Iccarus:
    - When I try to moonlight as a mixologist, my sim just stands behind the bar ready to serve. People come and sit at the bar but there are no interactions occurring. The customers keep trying to order, but my sim just stands there.
    - Another one is my sim spontaneously decided to skinny dip in a hot tub at a club and then the club closed... my sim was stuck in the tub until the club reopened.

julienrob2004:
    1] When inviting a sim over via the friend icons bottom right they come over and are immediately in a group . They then immediately leave before you can invite them in saying the group was a load of rubbish
    2]Washing machines randomly become unuseable and have to be sold and replaced.

maria_loves_alex:
    after installing LN, when my sims wear the 'flute forward' dress from the store, one of their legs disappears

I play my game in the pristine state (as in fresh install, nothing but store items in my game) with all expansions and stuff packs added. I did not have the crazy glitches like alot of people on these forums have. I played LN last night for about 6 hours straight and the only bug that I could find was when I serviced for a butler--he must have brought along one papparazzi guy because they showed up at the same time. The butler used my front door to get in and the pap guy walked through my fence and into my backyard and into my back door. It was very weird as I would click on this pap sim (I had no relationship with him) and I got all of the usual options EXCEPT to ask him to leave. He hung around for hours after that and finally when I got my sim to woohoo with her overnight bf, the pap guy left!

The other thing that happened, I called my bf (Matthew Hamming) over to my house and when he pulled up in his car, it didnt leave. The car stayed there the entire time parked along my street(dead end street) and when he had to leave the next day, he kept saying "its time for me to leave" over and over and he would walk out the front door but he would turn back around and go back in my house. It was SO weird! I had to "ask him to leave", which he then called a taxi and left-without his car...:S so i ended up deleting the car. I don’t believe my other visitors had this issue but I may have only had one other visitor if any..cant recall.

Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it..

I didnt have any issues with the following reported bugs:
    speech bubbles above their heads-mine were all normal
    playing instruments-had no problems playing/practicing/etc
    buying books/sheet music
    moonlighting as a mixologist at club—worked great, the customers liked my drinks and I made $15 bucks!
    club bouncers were intact—and even conversated with my group
    sims not at clubs—I followed the strategy guide for the PEAK days, and PEAK times to go to certain lounges, bars, etc and there were always plenty of sims there. iF not, they would arrive shortly after me.
    my celeb sim had no issues getting into clubs—she had a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, and now has a 4 star and has never had issues.
    no random skinny dips(unless I took a “crazy” or “romantic” drink)
    bartenders not being at bars—mine were all just standing and waiting at the bars waiting for sims to order drinks..they would leave every once in a while though to dance, chat, etc
    I can only dance on counters/tables if no one is in the way. 2 sims cant dance on the same counter (it will be greyed out) or if a sim is sitting at the bar/counter that you select.
    Forming bands—my sim had no issue with gaining a band member and jamming out together..

^^^those were all mentioned bugs in another thread but I didnt experience them at all except for the buggy butler..I did notice that I could not hire an executive butler..i thought there was a Butler, then an Executive Butler…either way the butler I hired did everything from cooking, giving me massages, giving me advice, etc. My butler did bring a papp guy with him but he didn’t bring 50 sims to my house like a few other people said happened to them in another thread..My game crashed one time because I forgot to set my DEP settings for the new LN ep and haven’t crashed since/no freezing/everything runs fast and smooth.

Just a side note: the running issue with sims is caused by a corrupt save game. Use a “Save As” and rename your save and delete the old one from your game bin in your Electronic Arts/Saves folder.
  • ringothebulldogringothebulldog Posts: 12 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    "Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it.. "

My sims do that happy/proud walk after they woohoo outside of their house. They have that positive moodlet for 2 hours.

A problem I have encountered was my sim, who is a pregnant doctor (so on maternity leave), met someone who needs immediate medical attention. She was trying to do a check-up, but then the action got cancelled. The other sim looks fine, but the crowd around are still gasping and you can't interact with the "sick" sim anymore.

Also, my sim would often take a long time before she would actually change and go to work (or somewhere else). She would stand there... everything around is moving normally... she would still stand there... still... and spins to change and go to work. I thought my game was frozen, but no, it runs correctly and I have no problem on other occasions.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    the salvaged items you get at the junkyard...where you could take them home...call the repairman, and they would fix them....well they don't anymore...

now i am not sure if this is a bug or not because i don't know whether they were supposed to do that in the first place
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I've never done this before (but many people say to do it)
    Could anyone give instructions on backing up my game

-will I need to make a new folder completely seperate to the sims, and save my cc there?
    - Do I make a copy of my DCBackup folder + DcCache? + IGAcache

- Do i make a copy of the "Library" (whats that :P) and saved sims

Or do i just select the WHOLE of the sims 3 file and copy it? (this would include all the stuff not in folders, like compositor cache, script cache, verison.tag?

Thanks for any help!

A tutorial would be useful too ;P
  • Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2010
    When i click on the play icon on the launcher just before the game loads it says your sims 3 launcher has stopped working, while my game is loading the theme music plays, my game then loads up and i have no sound at all. I can do eveything else except hear any sound in the game. I installed the latest patch for sliders etc (Regret installing it). Anyone know whats wrong?

Help please!

I have this exact same problem...do not click on 'your launcher has stopped working'...minimize it and the game should start loading again. Mine does this and it is a glitch, and very annoying. But like I said...just minimize that tiny box and your game should start loading again.
  • seraph85seraph85 Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2010
    Not sure if its a bug or something with my game but since i installed late night my baby's social motive fills very slow it takes about 5-8 interactions to top it off. I have tried with a no CC and with even new save files still the same.
  • AcUnleashedAcUnleashed Posts: 124 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I can't make my Sim dance on the table. How was that? Is that a bug or I need a certain thing to do?
  • SS77SS77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2010
    Haven't had a chance to read all of these, but here's what I've noticed in my game:

-Sim reaches level 5 Celeb status on her name plate, but not on her status bar. It stays at about 4.9.
    -Sim has reached CEO (level 8) in Business career, but every time she goes to work, her "Meetings Held" drops to zero, and she has to start building it up all over again, so she's having trouble advancing.
    -Sim gets opportunities for Sunset Valley businesses, even though she lives in Bridgeport, so she can never complete them.
    -Sim had an opportunity to use "Smooth Recovery", but every time she tries, it drops out of queue.

That's all I have for now. Will update if I notice more.
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    "Also after woohooing with someone, both sims have this weird walk to them..I dont know if its supposed to happen as an added feature of late night but its friggin weird to see it..they like wallop around swinging their arms for a sim hour or so..its like their happy dance but its very strange to see them doing it.. "

My sims do that happy/proud walk after they woohoo outside of their house. They have that positive moodlet for 2 hours.

When my sims did it, they were at her home lot and had no positive moodlet..? Thats odd! :?
  • KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2010
    My kids can not do quest the icon dispears if they try to do it. Sometimes they can do it but it says they were late and they get no credit even when they do do it.
    edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:

Help please!

I have this exact same problem...do not click on 'your launcher has stopped working'...minimize it and the game should start loading again. Mine does this and it is a glitch, and very annoying. But like I said...just minimize that tiny box and your game should start loading again.

Mine does the same exact thing. I dont care for the sound as I am usually playing my own music in windows media player but my launcher always does this when I hit the play button and I have to force it to close. Mine has actually done this since the last ep, ambitions..it still loads my game normally, its just the launcher crashes..and i am playing a fresh clean installed game with only store content in my game.
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited October 2010
    My hot tub broke and I called the repairman to fix it, now, 3 DEAD repairmen later I deleted it and just got another?? All the repairmen died while trying to fix it I can't believe this is intentional soooo... a bug I suppose! :?:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • StarscolapseStarscolapse Posts: 31
    edited October 2010
    I got the picture and platforms to work had to take out all exisiting games even though i was playing a new one. That fixed the problem there.. However I am still having problems with the do peas corperation opprotunities in bridgeport.. ARG.. anyone have a solution yet
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:

Help please!

Same problem here. I am running Vista if that helps. I get the launcher has stopped working, but then my game does end up loading while the launcher is searching. I also have the lack of Sims in bars, maybe 1-2 during hot spot times. For that matter, my town is close to a ghost town. There are very few people. I have not yet rode in the elevator with anyone both at bars and at my apartment.

I have no mods. I have downloaded a few houses from the exchange, so I might have some custom content.

I lowered all my graphic options to the lowest setting to see if this would resolve my ghost town environment, it did not. I have never had problems running the Sims3 on my laptop:

Dell Laptop DV6000
    Processor: AMD Turion 64x2, Dual Core, 1600 MHz processor
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7200-64 MG Graphics

SP: On
    Hot Spot: Yes

edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:

Help please!

Same problem here. I am running Vista if that helps. I get the launcher has stopped working, but then my game does end up loading while the launcher is searching. I also have the lack of Sims in bars, maybe 1-2 during hot spot times. For that matter, my town is close to a ghost town. There are very few people. I have not yet rode in the elevator with anyone both at bars and at my apartment.

I have no mods. I have downloaded a few houses from the exchange, so I might have some custom content.

I lowered all my graphic options to the lowest setting to see if this would resolve my ghost town environment, it did not. I have never had problems running the Sims3 on my laptop:

Dell Laptop DV6000
    Processor: AMD Turion 64x2, Dual Core, 1600 MHz processor
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7200-64 MG Graphics

SP: On
    Hot Spot: Yes

I am on vista too and my game meets all specs and everything is up to date including drivers, video cards, eadm, etc. (looked over by a guru)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top