Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing Tutorial Compilation ☆Updated: 09/25/2012☆ Request: Eyebrow Drawing

Comments

• Options
    TheMeeepMoopTheMeeepMoop Posts: 2,194 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I have a tutorial request!

Makeup drawing for Photoshop! I know about Jillie's but is there any chance someone could make one for people who don't have a tablet? I'm getting one for Christmas but I know how hard it is to draw makeup without a tutorial to help XD
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Meep: Added, Ill spread this around to several sites and see if anyone can assist you. :}

Although Im not sure how they can show you how to draw without a tablet, as it is really up to you to practice precision control with your mouse or trackpad.
    Theres alot of makeup tutorials for Gimp that can be translated to PS as well, perhaps hoping over to the threads themselves and asking the creator?
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've used Cashing's tut on beauty enchancement in PSE since it can work with any program.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks LadyEm :}
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I made a quick and fairly easy skin shading tutorial for beginners, if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://www.simpurethoughts.com/smf/index.php?topic=995.0
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited January 2012
    Please, is there someone who can make a tutorial and/or tell me how to model and make windows?
    I would also like to know how to add glass or at least a see through hole in a wall.
    I have milkshape, blender, adobe photo elements 7, paint shop pro 7.
    Thank you
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jewels: Thank you for posting! Added to the list. <3

Leniece:
    How to Model: I would recommend visiting LE's School, and letting her know that you are a beginner looking for tips on how to model. She will start you off slow and help you build your skills:
    LadyEmillye's School of Editing!
    Programs Addressed:
    Gimp
    Photofiltre
    Photoscape
    Paint.net
    Adobe Photoshop
    ☆ "Are you interested in modelling comps but feel overwhelmed? Join LE's school of editing!" LadyEm will be doing a one on one session with her tutorials and those who sign up. Each assignment will be tailored to each individual, which in turn will give you specific pointers and help on what you need to improve on.
    ☆ The focus of this school is to help those interested in learning how to edit, create in game sets, storytelling, set enhancement or learning about siggies/background images.
    ☆ Limit to be determined.
    ☆ If you are interested in the Modelling scene, you can sign up for a mini modelling competition as practice.

Making Windows: For this Im not sure what you mean. Do you mean how to make custom content windows? Or how to make see through walls with glass?
    If its the latter maybe this helps:
    Split-Level - [Tutorial] Creating a sunken room with floor-to-ceiling windows

Or you can post this particular request in these threads over in the Creative Corner:
    List of tutorials or how do I do that?
    BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond : "Let's Learn Together"
  • Options
    BlissinatorBlissinator Posts: 664
    edited January 2012
    Nims created this really awesome eye tut here - http://sims3unbound.forumotion.com/t1093-eye-drawing-and-stuff
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Beautiful! Thank you darling Bliss!
  • Options
    BlissinatorBlissinator Posts: 664
    edited January 2012
    Beautiful! Thank you darling Bliss!

NP It is an awesome tut which was being requested by ALOT of Unbounders so Nims decided to be a sweetheart and make it for everyone <3

Now we are trying to get her to create a tut for her awesome clothes drawings :P
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    How very kind of her!

Fingers crossed for a clothes drawing tutorial, its been a long running question on here too. ;}
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited January 2012
    Can i enter a tut i made??

How To Cut-Out Sims: MV Style

Programs Addressed:
    ☆ Gimp
    ☆ A really easy to understand tutorial on how to cut out a sim.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I don't know why it isn't showing the little text thing. It did when i used preview.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Awesome MV. Im sure it will be useful to lots. I will update immediately.

And no worries, Ill fix it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    OK, thanks.

also it was very helpful to someone and they were like, oh thank you and all that. I felt special. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Lolz, Then you should have them fill out a review. ;}
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    i shall, also they just posted and showed me what they did. I still feel special. Lolz
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    here is what she said:

mle4ever wrote:

Stars: ★★★★☆
    Easy to Understand? Very
    Easy to Do? Yes
    Comment: This is a great tutorial for a beginner, like myself! Some things either work or they don't depending on the picture, though, so sometimes I had to be VERY precise in what I did with the picture. Overall, it was easy to apply to the editing I was looking to do! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Awesome!

UPDATED 1/7/2012
  • Options
    fillupx333fillupx333 Posts: 540
    edited January 2012
    Thank you for these guides!!! I know I'll use them a lot.

I do have a quick question. I'm interested in entering a competition that says editing is allowed but the Sim must be on an in-game background. Sooo... I'm guessing I can shade and sharpen my model? Maybe adjust some color? I'm kind of afraid my entry will just look like a screenshot compared to everyone else's... :?

EDIT: Basically, is there a specific tutorial you recommend for a beginner that doesn't want to embarrass himself?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    fillupx: I want to ask what modelling comp so I can see exactly what the person is looking for, so i can help you.
  • Options
    fillupx333fillupx333 Posts: 540
    edited January 2012
    This is the one I'm interested in - I just love the theme! I've seen people mention editing in comps before and never knew exactly what they meant...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/487020.page
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    fillup: OK, i left you a comment and yelled at julia. lolz. You haev to read the thread to see what i meant.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Dusty. I re-posted beach's how tog et a really white or really black background a while back so officials peeps could see it. here it is.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    fillupx333: Im glad that you will get some use out of these amazing tutorials! ^^

For your question, do not be afraid to take in game images. They can be more beautiful than images edited to a point where you can not even recognize its the sims 3, beautiful in its own right but not in a sims 3 way.
    I prefer in game shots and intricate set ups with CC to edited in ones. ;}
    What the host means by editing is allowed but you can use only bg's in game, the editing she is referring to is skin smoothing of the sim, brightening the picture, changing hues, making it black and white, etc, editing the eyes..etc.
    I noticed that is is not NECESSARY to edit! So do not feel pressured to edit. And do not feel that your in game shots will not be good, it takes just as much time to create an in game set up scene as it take time to edit and cut out models and place them on backgrounds.

Your second question, what type of editing programs are you most familiar with? I can better aid you in beginner tutorials for that specific program.

I will right off the bat recommend:
    LadyEmillye's School of Editing!
    Programs Addressed:
    Gimp
    Photofiltre
    Photoscape
    Paint.net
    Adobe Photoshop
    ☆ "Are you interested in modelling comps but feel overwhelmed? Join LE's school of editing!" LadyEm will be doing a one on one session with her tutorials and those who sign up. Each assignment will be tailored to each individual, which in turn will give you specific pointers and help on what you need to improve on.
    ☆ The focus of this school is to help those interested in learning how to edit, create in game sets, storytelling, set enhancement or learning about siggies/background images.
    ☆ Limit to be determined.
    ☆ If you are interested in the Modelling scene, you can sign up for a mini modelling competition as practice.

It is perfect for unsure beginners! LadyEm is patient and kind and helps you in ANY area that you want to work on, from creating in game set up's to those minimal editing that you want to try.

MV: Thanks, but I already have it linked from Unbound.
    Also,did you ask permission from Beech to post her tutorial here? Perhaps if you had voiced to her over at Unbound your wish to see her tutorial over here, thinking that it would help many more users here as well, she would have posted it herself.