Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of tutorials or how do I do that?

Comments

• SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2010
    Until we get some smart tutorials..... here is a lot of info re apartment building. A long read - but the whole subject is still new!

How to modify penthouses/high rises
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/283202.page
    Wait... so can we or can we not build our own apartment building?I think we can
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/280497.page

I put this on pg 1 too.... in the second post as it isn't yet a tutorial....
  • Genise005Genise005 Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Ty smokey... ^_^
  • EllideEllide Posts: 791
    edited November 2010
    This is a great list, thank you for posting all of it! :)
  • jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited December 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Ok also tucked in Jisgr8's new tutorial on Infinity pools, which is fabulous!!!

An Infinity Pool Tutorial by Jisgr8
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=274122

Thanks for posting this Smoky, but unfortunately with the newest update we have to wave goodbye to putting walls in pools so this tutorial will no longer work. I'll be deleting the tutorial from my studio so you can remove it from the list.
    edited December 2010
    Sadly I will delete it Jisgr8, as sonn as the forum lets me..... it just will not at the moment.

So, sweet man, gonna do another one? :mrgreen:
  • MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited December 2010
    Here is a landscaping tutorial that I put together.

Landscaping 1: Garden Path and Pergola

Enjoy!

MerryWiddow
    edited December 2010
    Got you added Merrywidow! Thank you.
  • LeKeishLeKeish Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks so much for this tutorial link, It is the best help for a beginner like myself. :D
    edited December 2010
    You are welcome LeKeish, it helps me too, now I know where to find that tutorial I know I saw somewhere!

:mrgreen:
  • somechick10011somechick10011 Posts: 809 Member
    edited December 2010
    hey i couldn't find a tutorial on how to put stairs in a garage leading to a basement...i have the basement tool...can anyone help?
  • StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited December 2010
    Great tutorials :) When I will have more free time, then I will use some of them and I will build some great buildings. However, I would like to find out if there is any great tutorial how to make a tomb :P Thank you in advance ;)
  • sims3fan1235sims3fan1235 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2010
    Okay, I have no idea how to do this but... you know how some people make houses or sims and then they share it with us? Well sometimes in the picture of the house or sim, it says their name or it shows other rooms. I really want to know how to do that. :( So if anyone can do a tutorial of how to do that, that would be terrific! Thanks!! :):)
    edited December 2010
    somechick and simsfan1235, there are already tutorials in the list for both your requests... just find the link you need and click on it it will take you there.

Storix, I know Sunny did a tutorial on tomb building, I will see if I can find it, not sure though if it still works, it was some time ago.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2010
    I am linking Alexurts post on the fog emitter codes to the tutorials list. Its hugely long so I am not copying the whole thing in there.... its been updated for LN. Thanks Alexurt!
  • mj3758mj3758 Posts: 59
    edited December 2010
    Any on how to make your own wallpaper/murals. Not the 3 square patterns.
  • Beccaboo78Beccaboo78 Posts: 38
    edited December 2010
    How do you make a skyscraper with an elevator? I can't find any videos that have that. Can someone explain it to me or give me a link? Thanks.
    edited January 2011
    mj3758, not entirely sure what you mean but I think you are venturing into creating custom content which is outside the normal sims creative levels, there are on the web places which give you info on that - but I think beyond our levels here.

Beccaboo... there aren't really any yet as you have to use an existing skyscaper. You could try the tutorials which allow you to build over five levels though. If anyone knows more please post info here.
  • Simslover375Simslover375 Posts: 15
    edited January 2011
    What tutorials? The only ones I know use terrain. I don't want to use terrain. Is there a cheat that allows you to break the five level limit? I should take this 5 story limit nobody likes problem to the creators of Sims 3. Any way, please let me know if there is a tutorial about breaking the 5 level limit without using terrain.
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have been trying for a while now to create decent looking Sims. Sims that other players would like to have as part of their game. No, I am not succeeding at all. The last one uploaded was downloaded 3 times. If I knew who they were I would send them thank you notes.

Are there any tutorials for the CAS program? My opinion on my creations is that I think they look very good in a head shot but when the picture is of the whole body then the same face that looked so beautiful just looks like any other Sim that came with the game.

I would really like to learn how to make a better Sim. Do you know of any way that I can do this? My trouble spots are with eyes, and chin/jaw.

Really hope to hear from someone who has a suggestion.

irene

I should also mention that I am not computer literate or have any experience with it other than this game and the Internet.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2011
    Tenderwolf made a tutorial on one way to use the curves in the pool tool.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=295759

ireneruthyablon, you might get more help on the Sims Modelling thread. Most of the tutorials here relate to building etc.
  • diamondlea2diamondlea2 Posts: 32
    edited January 2011
    I am at my wits end so I am asking because I cant find anything on it but I am trying to use the sims3 image uploader and for some reason I cant do anything because there is a pic that keeps coming up and I cant figure out how to get it to do anything else or it just wont.. I cant figure out the tutorials by ruthless so I was counting on the sims3 image loader..BUT its stuck or something!I am sorry if this is silly but can anyone help? thankyou*
    edited January 2011
    Let me explain better I bring up the image uplaoder and browse for my object and instead of what I pick a total different pic comes up and I cant get it to change or anything.. It says something about it cant bring up what I want because it already bringing up something else and I cant get it to do any different..It also says something about jit debugging?????
    edited January 2011
    Never having had a problem with the image changer, the only thing I can suggest is that somehow it hasn't loaded properly on your computer, so try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. The image will look no different to you on your computer then it will show when you upload it to the exchange.
    edited January 2011
    I have tried that... and it comes back the same I just cant understand it.. the picture that comes up is one that I took I just dont understand why its on there in the first place and why I cant get rid of it and do something else...I am really getting upset because I cant change my pics now because I cant figure this out.. Thank you anyways!!! Really!!
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi Smoky. Thanks for keeping up with this stuff. I know it's a lot of work!
    I need for you to take down my aquarium tutorial again! Blargh. I might make another one at some point but I'm tired of spending hours making it and then a new update comes and blam!It is useless... :lol:
    I have a new tutorial project going on that lists all of the fog emitter effects along with animations for them. It could go in building/stories/machinima/photography or whatever category since it is used for all of those. Since there will be a lot of videos, as this is an ongoing project, I put them all together on my blog(and this is where I will add to it as well)and this is the link to the whole project. So you would only have to post one link.
    http://createveworks.blogspot.com/2011/01/fog-emitter-effects-animations-series.html
    The intro will explain the project more if needed. Thanks for looking.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top