Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many people are NOT installing "Late Night" when they buy it?

Simple question, just like the subject line states; who here is not installing Late Night as soon as they buy it?

Personally, I have LN pre-ordered, but I won't install it until I can be sure that it'll work correctly. I pre-ordered WA, Amb, HELS, and FLS, and I actually waited for EA to patch the game before installing WA. I still haven't gotten around to install Amb, HELS, and FLS, but that's another story.

I also would like to keep the launcher from accessing the internet so that the game can't tell me that I need an update. The $500 dollar box I use for Create-A-World won't be a problem; it has no Wi-Fi connectivity and I need to physically connect either my second cable modem or a device with Wi-Fi and turn on Internet sharing if I want to update TS3. My Mac Pro is another story; it has Wi-Fi connectivity, and I admittedly worry that it will try to force me to update the game whether or not I want to. The reason I don't want to update the game until I'm sure the latest version will work is primarily because of the WA debacle and to a lesser extent, issues with Amb.

Obviously some people will need to be the first to install LN to know if there's a problem, but is anyone besides me ordering it with the intention of putting the disc aside until they're sure that it won't break there game? I'd be curious to here from both Mac and Windows users, and to hear why you are or aren't installing LN as soon as you get it, especially if you installed WA, HELS, Amb, and FLS right away and dealt with the issues that those particular expansion and stuff packs had at launch.

Comments

• Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm just waiting to buy it, lol. If it doesn't sound like it's fun or won't work, what's the point of going out and buying it?
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    edited October 2010
    I am going to install so fast I just hope the ups guy don't get hurt as fast as I'm going to grab it from his hand.
    I can't wait to play it.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'd be too excited to wait for a patch which you dont know how long it'll take
    I'll definitely be playing it right away. Because I've been waiting for so long
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I always take the chance, I always just install it because I'd rather find out if it works or not myself.
  • Options
    SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Im going to install it before I buy it...>_>
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited October 2010
    I always install the game. I'm not letting $40 go to waste by not using it. :P
  • Options
    lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2010
    LOL, why would you spend SOOOO much money on things to put on a shelf and not use? Ambitions has gone down $10 since it was released. It's not like they're only making a limited number, lol.

Whatever, to each their own. I have boughten every stuff/expansion pack on release date and haven't had a problem. :) I also update every patch as soon as soon as they are released with no problems. I guess I'm just lucky...
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2010
    wait....ha well you could be waiting a very long time.....i sure ain't waiting...and everyone knows NOT to bother me next tuesday!!
  • Options
    minibabydollminibabydoll Posts: 597 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I can't install it until I get a new computer (or when I find out of some of the bugs in the game, and how good the actual game is (minus the bugs of course...) whichever comes first.)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yep, I often pay £25 for a game to sit on my shelf, or uninstalled on my computer. It's the latest craze.

I'll be putting it in as soon as I get it.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited October 2010
    I ordered the 3 day shipping versus the overnight. It saved me over $15. Plus it gives me time to read through threads and see if there are any problems.

That way when the game does come, I am aware of any issues and I can just play.

I wish with WA that I waited 2 or 3 days. The problem with the 1.16 patch destroyed my 8 generation hood. It even rendered all of my back up saves to be useless. 2 days later a fixed patch came out. So if I had waited, I would still be playing my favorite sims and hood.

So yeah, I don't mind waiting 1-3 days after release. I wouldn't wait longer than a week to install it though. I could never hold off that long.
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2010
    What is the point of pre-ordering it then? I'm doing the same, I'm waiting to see if there will be a lot of problems before I buy it. You may as well just install it if you have already paid for it, and if it causes problems then just uninstall.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to install as soon as I get home from work that night. I can see why some people might wait a bit, but I've never had a game-breaking issue with any EP to date so I'm not afraid. I always make a backup copy of my EA Sims 3 folder, delete my cache and remove all Mods and CC prior to installation and so far so good. I can deal with any average, run-of-the-mill bugs until a patch comes out.

Can't wait!

SQUEE-1.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm not buying LN right away, but that's because the end of October a little to close to the Holiday Season for me to buying things for myself, not because I'm worried about problems. Personally, if I bought it, I would install it right away. First of all, because I already spent the money so I might as well. Secondly because even if others have problems, it doesn't necessarily mean I will. I didn't have any problems after installing WA or AMB, even though many others did.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2010
    I always go ahead and install when I get it. I only have Ambitions and have had no problems with it other than the occassional common glitch.
    I read so many bad things about the base game before I managed to get it installed on the day of release that I was extremely nervous while it was installing. I was nervous for nothing. I had no problems with it.
    I have learned to just go ahead and install because if I go by what I read on the forum I would never install anything.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    AdrieCmAdrieCm Posts: 354 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It will probably sit on my desk for a week or two. I never install EPs right away.
    Shoot, I didn't even buy WA and AMB until a while after they were released. I wanted to see what problems would arise and if they could be fixed. Most have or, at least, they aren't a problem in my game (except for excavating and the occasional hands being behind the back).

I'll probably stalk the forums, see what kind of problems people are having first. I don't want to mess up my game or computer.
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm installing it ASAP. I've never had those sort of problems w/ the EPs and launcher.
  • Options
    IRock707IRock707 Posts: 141
    edited October 2010
    I have nothing in my game to lose. My hard drive just broke, but luckily the warranty covered a brand new one. Anyway, I will lose all of my game data, and the hard drive will probably arrive like the day before I get LN.
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited October 2010
    Installing it right away :D
  • Options
    _PaintRae__PaintRae_ Posts: 37
    edited October 2010
    I do have it on pre-order, but it won't be installed on my computer until the beginning of December, since it's my birthday present. And in my house, it doesn't matter whether you know your what your present is or not because you don't get it 'till your birthday.

I'm not too upset though, because this way I don't have to pay for it and hopefully a patch will be out by then. Plus I can see if there are any problems that could mess up my existing families from talk on the forums.
  • Options
    puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2010
    I wish I could install it when I get it, but unfortunately my computer decided to officially die yesterday and my laptop can't run it at all. So I got to wait until my uncle can build me a new gaming computer or until I can get a whole new computer. :/
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited October 2010
    I won't be installing because I have no room on this computer and I have to wait until my birthday next month to get more memory and all that jazz so I can play it.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    ExcLusiv3ExcLusiv3 Posts: 984
    edited October 2010
    installing right away,never had a issue with a ep yet
  • Options
    CopenRoadCopenRoad Posts: 391 Member
    edited October 2010
    Why would I pay $40 for the game and not even use it. That's Stupid! Of course I'm going to install it ASAP, I've never had any issues with any of my Sims 3 EP or SPs, and even if I did, there's probably a way to find a solution online. Worse comes to worse, I can always get my money back or trade it in for another game at EB.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2010
    I may wait a day or two to buy it....and that's only because the local Walmart manager is not a Sims fan, not because I have self-control. But when I buy it, I'll play with my son until his bedtime and then install! I've never had any game breaking issues *knock on wood* with any Sims game, glitches sure, but nothing that would cause me to worry about installing the game.

And I'll definately let you know how the game plays when I get it :D

edit: whoopsie typo LOL