March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• Debbs300384Debbs300384 Posts: 238 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi!

ok so you guys are going to be real bored of me!! :lol:

ive done everything you said in order to get my caw custom textures in to my world, they are dds format, taken from bogsims, they show as being in my source textures folder when i go through to the file location, but when I add layer in caw they arent there. Im not sure what i can be doing wrong....any ideas would be great as i have repeatedly followed all the instructions to the letter as far as i can tell.

thanks, all help much appreciated.
    x
    x

has no one got any ideas at all? would really appreciate some advice x x
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2011
    what woukd be some good tropical paints?
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2011
    How can I populate a world? I am in the process of building a world and want to use families with their houses from EA towns, i.e., Riverview Twinbrook, Barnacle Bay, and Sunset Valley. I also have Grants House with Liam O'Dourke, Kim Kent, and Piper Hipp. This house is courtesy of SinsGuruFlix.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited May 2011
    Oh, here is a tutorial on creating a highway and overpasses. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/365083.page#5105505
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hey again auntielynds!
    I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on mapping out a World? I've only done up to a small map with a few roads and lots, and now I'm jumping to a large map and I'm a bit overwhelmed. :D I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure how to fit it together. I've been looking around for a bit, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Also, there is another broken link on the first page. The link in the category "Tips & Tricks from Other Cawsters". It's not really broken, but the coding is missing a character somewhere.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out. :)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2011
    Debbs300384
    Make sure you're adding the layer over by the textures panel

zusew0.jpg

AHENRICHs
    what would be some good tropical paints?
    Anything green and mossy I would think :D

gr1zzly
    CAW Population: Populating Worlds in Create-a-World by Kiwi-Tea @ Pasimfic Wiki

clubers
    Oh, here is a tutorial on creating a highway and overpasses. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/365083.page#5105505

Thanks Clubers! It's great to have help spotting new Tuts :mrgreen:

I'll pop it in under the roads section.

AngelicMisery
    I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on mapping out a World?

I always start with the terrain. Add distant terrain if your putting it in, and figure out where your camera routing paint will come to. Then I think about elevations. I try to go for two or three different elevations for separate sections of the map, Downtown, Suburbs, and country farms for example.

That's all I can think of right now. Just play around with it, and let it evolve. :D
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks. :)
    I'm kind of meshing everything together right now. Doing the roads, lots, and terrain in different sections together. But I may be causing myself more trouble then doing everything piece by piece. :D
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hiya Auntielynds,

I found this great photo thread which shows every plant in CAW Meta Data, very useful!:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/378635.page#5376644

I also made a list of all the orginal textures in CAW,I wish something like this was around when I was a newbie :P , it would have help while I muddle:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/378186.page#5369172
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Lovingreds!

I've got the Caw Plant thread listed under
    "Meta Data Objects Tips & Info".

The pics thread with the caw textures is a great idea. I'll put it in under "Textures, Terrain Painting & Sculpting
    "

Thank you for letting me know you posted it, sometimes I miss stuff. :)

• amaholusamaholus Posts: 423 Member
    edited June 2011
    hey auntielynds :mrgreen:

I have answered several questions recently in regards to fixing those "pop-up" type lots when you place them in your world (or sinkers too), and have posted a fix here. Should this be included somewhere in the lots section?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/378588.page#5407159
    edited June 2011
    Wonderful info Amaholus!

I put it in the lots section. :)
  • james20150james20150 Posts: 53
    edited June 2011
    anyone know when because of this new update to the game EA will fix the problem with CAW? or if they already have where the correct link to that is?
    cause what i got here on the site says it is not compatable with my game version
    AGAIN!
    edited June 2011
    A lot of people are experiencing this. It seems with almost every new EP, and subsequent patch, there is an issue with the compatibility with Caw. There are several threads on this forum with discussions going on. That would be your best bet to watch those for any news. :-)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for this post, Auntielynds. :D
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just glanced at the FAQ title... there's a typo? Mics.? Should it not be Misc...? Sorry if it's stupid of me, I can be very annoying at times, but y'know... always good to be official and spellings all right :oops:

Or maybe I'm wrong. :|
  • PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    I just glanced at the FAQ title... there's a typo? Mics.? Should it not be Misc...? Sorry if it's stupid of me, I can be very annoying at times, but y'know... always good to be official and spellings all right :oops:

Thats, funny I never noticed that until now.
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Mics. Information

I never noticed it either :shock: :oops:

Thank you Becka :-)
  • james20150james20150 Posts: 53
    edited June 2011
  • Miley_rocks1999Miley_rocks1999 Posts: 308
    edited June 2011
    wow that REAAALLLLYYYY helped, i was so stuck I didn't have a clue how to add layers.
  • Miley_rocks1999Miley_rocks1999 Posts: 308
    edited June 2011
    Everyone check out my Teen/Young adult modeling competition, I need Models and 2 judges.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/388445.page
    edited June 2011
    I was browsing through, the links and noticed that:

On the first page > Second Post > the World Index link is broken (it says:The topic you are trying to see does not exist.) I'm thinking that maybe it was for the old one and it just hasn't been updated yet.

Just thought I would point that out. :)
    edited June 2011
    Ah, thanks :)

I didn't even think about that link.
    edited June 2011
    Ah, thanks :)

I didn't even think about that link.
    No Problem.
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2011
    kust checked back for the suggestion you gave me! thanks! :D
  • jona67jona67 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Auntielynds, do yo have a link for simmers that have problem with there Edit in Game in CAW?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top