March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• SimsomeSimsome Posts: 91 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hello again!

Last night (actually early this morning - 3 am my time lol) I posted my thread for my world (Cloverdale)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/355725.page

but needed sleep so decided to upload world today. I am having trouble. I keep getting the 'down for maintenance' message/page. (It took a couple of tries to login to post this message as well.) Would this be due to high traffic on this site at this time of day? I will keep trying to upload...

If I can't upload here, could you tell me what is a good upload site to use.

Once I get my world uploaded, I will post to World Index.

Thank you!
    edited March 2011
    It's okay... Cloverdale finally uploaded.

Going to go update thread, etc. now.

:)

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2011
    Good, I was going to say Sims Medieval came out today, so lotsof people have probably flooded the site.
    edited March 2011
    auntielynds ~
    I was just checking through the worlds on the exchange and noticed a world has just been added by gabbers09 called Cloverdale. Will this cause any confusion with my world (also called Cloverdale)? Just wondering...

edited March 2011
    It Shouldn't, as long as you have your links to yours. :D
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi, auntielynds.
    I just wanted to let you know that the "Populating Worlds in Create-a-World by Kiwi-Tea @ Pasimfic Wiki" under Advanced Tutorials has been deleted. The new article can be found here:
    http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/wiki/CAW_Population:_Populating_Worlds_in_Create-a-World
    I never saw the original article, but it's by the same author, so it should be the same.

Thanks for this FAQ, it's helped me out a ton!
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I forgot to add a question:
    When I install my world(eventually) will service Sims be there? Or do I have to import them/make them myself? I probably won't be using Kiwi's method, as I'm not uploading to the Exchange and can just make them in-game. So I'm not sure how to work with the NPCs.

Thanks again!
    edited March 2011
    Thanks AngelicMisery :D

I'll fix that link. I haven't gone through them lately to make sure they're all good, but there's always tomorrow :lol:

All your NPC'S will just move in, over a couple of sim days. I like to build a NPC house, and move them all in together, otherwise they take up a bunch of housing.
  • campcreek2006campcreek2006 Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    hey guys, thanks for this thread, But i needed help with something when i go to export my world, it tells me that the world file has no thumbnail? how do i fix this? please if u can help it will be much appreciated
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, auntielynds! Can you tell me where I can find the hidden households? I'm not having any luck. :D
    edited March 2011
    AngelicMisery
    Can you tell me where I can find the hidden households?

I don't know what the hidden households are. :?:

campcreek2006,
    You need the tutorial for the 24bit.png, it's in the links on the front page. :-)
    edited March 2011
    I happened to come across this post on MTS when I was searching ways to add NPCs in CaW:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384688
    And after coming here, I thought you were talking about the same thing this person was. :D There are apparently a bunch of ways to add NPCs into the game, and the hidden household method seems to be the most popular one.
  • campcreek2006campcreek2006 Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    Thank u btw! it helped alot, i now know how to have thumbnail! lol ok another question, now how do i play on the world i created? im just now tryin to learn out to get into the nitty gritty of it! until learn overall works of CAW, i want be create all these awesome worlds u have created! Thanks again
    edited March 2011
    Try this campcreek;
    http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=127

I happened to come across this post on MTS when I was searching ways to add NPCs in CaW:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384688
    And after coming here, I thought you were talking about the same thing this person was. There are apparently a bunch of ways to add NPCs into the game, and the hidden household method seems to be the most popular one.

Ah, I see. Haven't done that yet. :D
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi. I've just created my first world and I want to add my families to it. I've read a tutorial about how to add sims to the world and I just do not understand it.

I would like to create a pool of invisible sims so that the world takes them when needed for special careers: babysitter, repoman, adoption service, etc.

Need help please.
    Thank you.
    edited April 2011
    I haven't done the process myself yet. I've been planning on doing it with the world I'm working on, but I haven't even read through the entire tut. I would suggest you find someone who's actually done it. Kiwi Tea would be my first choice since he figured out how to do it.

Try reading, and posting your questions on this thread at MTS.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=403303

Sorry I couldn't help more. :-)
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Just want to know, how large is the download for CAW? Thanks.
    edited April 2011
    The last one I downloaded was 160,750KB
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2011
    The last one I downloaded was 160,750KB

Ok, thanks.
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited April 2011
    8) Wow Lyn you did an amazing job putting this all together as well as adding many fabulous resources...bravo :wink:

HAPPY
    EASTER
    TO ALL

animatedeasteregg.gif

HUGS, TERRY
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • shadowcatkp123shadowcatkp123 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2011
    it keeps asking for a thumbnail and wont let me export it!! :( help???
    edited May 2011
    In the first post, there is a link to a tutorial to make your own, or a link to premade ones under; Exporting, Thumbnails, & Installing Your World
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2011
    hi auntie :)

i donwloaded some snow terrain and i was wondering how to get it into CAW so i can paint the terrain with snow?
    edited May 2011
    AHENRICHs wrote:
    hi auntie :)

i downloaded some snow terrain and i was wondering how to get it into CAW so i can paint the terrain with snow?

You put the .dds files in
    Documents;
    Electronic Arts;
    Sims 3 Create a World;
    UserToolData;
    Source Textures;

Here's a tut :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/278761.page#4060800
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2011
    thanks!

Leave a Comment