Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2013
    Try right clicking on your caw icon, then "Run as Administrator"
  • LotyliaLotylia Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    hehe...i feel like dummy now ....but greatful too...thanks it works now
  • TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited May 2013
    Good day Simmers, I am trying to download the 'latest version' of CAW today but it isn't available as I posted this :( Any word on when it will be available again?

Thanks in advance :D
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for making this thread. Very helpful. Bookmarked.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey, could you add these? :D

Collingwood's terrain textures!
    CollingwoodTextures_zps445bd2a6.png
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi auntielynds,

I'am busy translating this tutorial into Dutch. Is it oke I use you're pictures shown with "Basic method" (of course I credit you)?

I do wonder (actually, one of the members of my forum did), after players have populated their world with the NRaas mods, can they remove the mods when the world is successfully populated?

Thanks, in advance.

edited June 2013
    Hi Mr. C :D
    I'll add today.

Collingwood's Terrain Textures by MrCrumplebottom1
    YRV9tkv.png

Hi Libby :D
    Sure, no problem. You can always use whatever you need. :-)
    NRaas mods, can they remove the mods when the world is successfully populated?
    Yes, they can be removed. They just give you access to the commands you need to get a sim in the world.

edited June 2013
    You can always use whatever you need.
    Good to know, in case I want to translate more tutorials (partly) written by you. Normally, when I translate something, I do every step from the tutorials myself so I can make my own pictures but this tutorial isn't something you just do. It's a little bit much, with all the mods and the world, for something i'm not planning to use any time soon.
    Yes, they can be removed.
    Also good to know.

Thanks!
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I found a new tutorial that might come in handy with creating stilted lots for custom worlds.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686919.page
  • buttertoast2792buttertoast2792 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2013
    I keep trying to download the CAW tool off the site but the link isn't working?
    edited June 2013
    edited July 2013
    Hi Auntielynds,

As you know I translated several of you're tutorials into Dutch. Also some tutorials made by Simsample. I was wondering: do you want me to give you those links so you can include them with the English tutorials?

Summary: things I have translated:
    - About beta testing
    - Several tuts about textures
    - Cleaning global layer
    - Several tuts about INI files and colour ramps
    - Export without CC (no piggyback)
    - Several tuts about CAW population
    - CAW Framework
    edited July 2013
    Sure, that would be great Libby. :D

I can pop them in the Dutch Tutorial section.
  • Titanic1Titanic1 Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2013
    were is the tutorial to make land near water flat? so all of the lot is flat. I tried smooth gentle and smooth still get a hill on the lot. I want the lots completely flat for beaches, ports and houses on water.
    edited July 2013
    Titanic1 wrote:
    were is the tutorial to make land near water flat?
    I think this is the one: How To - Making Sure Your Terrain is Flat.
    Sure, that would be great Libby.
    I can pop them in the Dutch Tutorial section.
    Great!

Here they are:

CAW Tutorials

Main page: Alles over terreinverf
    Which includes:
    - CAW gereedschap: Terrein
    - Lijst met afbeeldingen van standaard CAW texturen
    - Afbeeldingen bij texturen maken
    - Texturen organiseren in mappen
    - Terreinverf installeren
    - Zelf texturen maken
    - Kant en klare texturen: terrein en wegens

De wereld Beta testen

Main page: CAW Populatie
    Which includes:
    - CAW Populatie: Wereld bevolken in CAW
    - CAW Populatie: Wereldbevolking balanceren
    - CAW Populatie: Bevolken door een saved game of uploads

De globale laag schoonmaken

Voorkomen dat CC meelift in de export van je wereld

CAW Framework zodat CAW Custom Content herkent

Main page: INI bestanden en colour ramps exporteren, bewerken en importeren in werelden
    Which includes:
    - INI informatie en colour ramps extracten uit een wereld
    - Een aangepaste waterkleur, luchtkleur, maat zon, etc. toevoegen aan je wereld
    - Zee, lucht en licht parameters.

I have made more useful tutorials but above tutorials are the ones I have translated. The original tutorials are named in "my" tutorials, so you know which Dutch tutorial goes with which English tutorials.

The main page for all my CAW tutorials is this one: http://simsexpressie.weebly.com/caw-tutorials.html

CAW Technical translations:

CAW Large Address Aware (LAA)

CAW en De Sims 3 op Steam

I have more CAW technical assistance where I include en translate information I find all over the net. This is the main page: http://simsexpressie.weebly.com/technische-ondersteuning.html

I hope you get it, since I wrote everything in Dutch. But even if you don't, if you look at the pages you will for sure. Also, if you need me to translate, just let me know.

Thank you very much.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Auntielynds could you perhaps check out the simmers asking for help right below this post Jenstle or something like that - as she is having a caw routing issue with IP travel that I am miffed with and nothing I can think up seems to help. perhaps you have run across this issue or seen it on your site with others. Appreciate if you can help her - in the meantime I am going hunting for her problem and one Rflong has encountered too with IP - so I hope you see this...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited July 2013
    Hey Reg :D

Kudos to you for trying to help Jenstl. I'm sorry, but I don't know what the problem is. They haven't responded to the questions Rflong asked, so if they come back with some more information I'll throw in my two cents worth. :D
  • BryanSilverHarpBryanSilverHarp Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    I have a question. When I start CaW and create new world and choose all those things your supposed to choose (Maximum height, lush, image file) nothing loads. Does anyone have the same problem or know what's wrong?
    edited July 2013
    This used to happen to me all the time, with a much earlier version of caw. I'm not sure what could be causing it now..............

Maybe try pulling your DCCache folder out of your Documents/Sims 3 folder before starting Caw. You can put it back when you're done testing it. The DCCache folder seems to be the culprit of a lot of Caws ills, from your Height maps not showing up to not allowing you to export your world. Try that and report back. You could also try tyour Mods folder as well.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi auntyelinds (and everybody out there) Will you please help me?

I was trying to open a custom world (Paris from Eddem) as allways just for my private use and I want to enclose it with Distant terrain and to paint the ground with a concret texture more likely with a city world. I couldn´t
    and I got this message

ParisS3pe_zpse625f47e.png

I dom´t know what this means at all so, may be something Eddem did to prevent the world from beeing opened? is there some way to get the CAW files from Eddem?

I posted in her thread and in her "my page" and sent her a friend request but I got no answer, I don´t know other ways to contact her.

BTW it is not a program or version issue, I opened other worlds I have installed to see if everything works and it works. And the Paris.world downloaded and installed in my game plays nicely so it is not a file issue either.

Thankyou very much in advance.

Edited to say I have allready tried to do all the process with new blank DCcache and DCBackup folders. And if I try to open the installed file I get this message

ParisS3pe-2_zpsdce8c604.png

Thanks again.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited August 2013
    I tried opening it myself, and got the same error message, so I ran the .world through the s3rc and decrapify, but still no success. Then I opened up the .world itself in s3pe. It had an error, but it opened. I exported all the resources to a folder, opened up my blank world, and imported all those resources in. So, I hit Import/From File, instead of Import/From Package. It opened, and saved in caw. Although, I didn't try and export it from caw.

Hope that helps :-)

Edit:
    I just looked at the thread, and none of those deco buildings imported, so I bet that was what was causing the issue.
    edited August 2013
    Thankyou very much for taking so much trouble with this issue.

I understand that you exported the resources to a file instead of to a package so you can then import from a file, this was just the one thing I didn´t think of!

The decobuildings are just in my save game file, not in the world file so this can not be the trouble, I am trying to open the world to put these deco-building pointers (they are package files) in the caw file (in EIG mode)besides de DT and the concrete texture, I have not tried importing from file so it can be the solution, what is what I am minded in (I have a ton of issues solved without knowing the why so...)

If it opens in CAW and I can place the deco buildings and etc. there will be no trouble to export with blank DCcache and DCBackup folders, and then if you replace the ones that contains the items before installing the world, the pointers make the world to replace the packaged files while installing, if you have them in both your package folders (CAW and Game).

It is much better to place the CC in CAW because being those items in the installed world and not in a save game, if you want to use the world as a travell destination (with twallan mod) your sims find the world with all the extra content when visiting it. All that meant to be used in oneself´s PC, cause uploading this file will not give the extra content to the downloaders, it never matters to me because I make these changes for my PRIVATE USE ONLY (because I think ONLY THE CREATOR can upload the world modified or not to ANYWHERE without concern on from WHATEVER SITE it was downloaded, there is an old controversy about the exchange, the EULA and plagiarism) but I want to point it out for whoever is reading this post.

Thankyou very much again, and if it works (crossing fingers) I will let you know in this thread in case any other simmer has the same issue.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited August 2013
    Thankyou very much again and again! it has worked, I am now making all my changes and my sims will go to Paris on holidays!

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited August 2013
    Great! I'm glad it worked out. :D
    edited August 2013
    AAAH YES!!!! it worked fine, and now I have my own Paris thanks to you and of course to Eddem who made a wonderfull lay out of the city

Screenshot-40_zpsf08dc9b1.jpg?t=1376077550
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top