Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project mountain town (Need some help)

IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
Ok so i'm making this new town for my niece her daughter she's getting sims3 (+ all the packs) for X-mas from the parents and i'm planning on spoiling her stockings more by buying simpoints,
anyway outside of that i'd like to make her a town she can enjoy in, now i know she's all into snow, waterfalls and woods... So i figured the best thing to make is a mountain town with snowy rocky mountains and a nice big waterfall lol
so i made a wip of the town on sunday and now i'm colouring it but by god i'm so not happy with the snow tecture :/ , I'm currently using martine her snow texture combined with BSI's rocky mountain texture but somehow i kept getting really blurry effects, now this is my latest (just painted it) but can anybody tell me if this looks ok or how i could improve it???

waterfall.png"width=640"

waterfall2.png"width=640"

Other then that I'd like to ask if somebody knows 2 nice park lots that are the mex. size of 64x60, cause i really am bad at making parks >.<; so it would help me out if i could find some nice once around that i might be able to use :oops:

Comments

• Options
    debbieukdebbieuk Posts: 178
    edited October 2010
    Looks ok to me, but then again im not that good at the texture party myself, best thing i can say is do some research, google pictres of the idea you have in your head of what you want for your world.
    also becarefull not to overload the grids with more than 8 textures.
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2010
    debbieuk wrote:
    Looks ok to me, but then again im not that good at the texture party myself, best thing i can say is do some research, google pictres of the idea you have in your head of what you want for your world.
    also becarefull not to overload the grids with more than 8 textures.

Yeah guess i'll do the mountains again from 0 with google next to me
    also is 8 really the max of textures you can use? I'm using 5 so far (the rock, water, snow, darker colour grass & the sand/dirt texture) and i asume this would lag up the town alot when you start playing it if you have 20 textures in it XD ??
    Anyway thanks for the tips debbieuk *bow* I'll surely be able to make good use out of them
  • Options
    debbieukdebbieuk Posts: 178
    edited October 2010
    its not the wole map its each grid, in create a world turn on show chunk boundaries to see how many textures you have in each one, if its blue your ok but if red then you have to many textures.
    i found out about that from a tutorial about chunk boundaries, i tryed to look for it for you but couldent find it, when i do i will post it for ya, it explains it a bit better than i can.
  • Options
    ptaraxptarax Posts: 64 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi

What a great project. It is nice to give a world. Even a computer one. It shows you care for the person. I guess you are also looking forward to share the love of this game.

I think your waterfall looks great, But I dont think that mountains would have both white snow and very fresh green grass at the same time. Maybe you should choose one season for the world. Or do areas for different seasons.

ex. You could have early spring in moutain-area with waterfall. It would explain why there is so much water. It is the ice melting. Then lower in the valley you could have more and more summer going on. Untill hot summer at the beach. So you could travel through seasons when you move around on the map.

For the picture you have put up right now i think you should use more gray and faded green.