Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*sigh*anyone else like me with this?

With The Sims 2, from the beginning, I could play for hours upon hours without stopping. Now, with The Sims 3, I can hardly stand getting out of CAS.

It's SO annoying, considering I got a new computer JUST for this game -.-

I've tried like, everything, but nothing gets me motivated.

*sigh*

Anyone on the same boat?
23uvol1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited October 2010
    I know how you feel, luv! Whenever I load up my game, I spend an hour in CAS, then spend another hour making a house for the sim, and then when it comes time to actually play, I'm already bored! It sucks! That's why I'm asking people for good challanges...to break the monotony... *sigh*

Edit: Also, the game itself makes playing boring to me...I mean, I really want the ability to mix skintones...like I want to have a blue parent and a red parent and then have a purple baby!! But EA sucks! lol
  • Options
    QEEboyQEEboy Posts: 1,420 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I recommend using a pre-made. I find having that predetermined personality to work with is both easier and more challenging, you feel like you have a good balance between control and, er, no control. I created my biggest family from Lucky Perkins in Riverview, he's a great character to begin with. Good luck!
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited October 2010
    Like, I can't even get past making the sim. I create the face,hair,traits, and then everyday outfit, and then im like f*** this and close my game.

*sigh*
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yup :)

I have my legacy and wishacy that I only play when I take pictures (if you can call it playing lol) then once I have finished I tend to close the game down. Any other saves I have I normally build them a nice house and play for about half an hour before getting bored, I've got used to just going into game to take pictures for an update. I'm hopeing LN will spark a bit more interest in making me want to actually play. :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm exactly the same.
    The moment I just exit Create A Sim...I'm bored. And unmotivated. I end up just shutting the game off after only a few minutes of playing.
    I used to play Sims 2 non stop.. :/

Theres just something...bland about it. The game practically plays itself, and its not got the same amount of freedom than in the Sims 2.

The only features that make me continue to play is when building a home, or taking pictures. After I've done that, I exit. The game is rather boring in the gameplay department in my opinion..
  • Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm the opposite way! I could only play Sims 2 when I had intense periods of motivation! There was just something missing from Sims 2 for me. Even with all the EPs, I had to force myself to play it. It almost was like a chore, tending to my Sim 2 Sims. I love Sims 3 :mrgreen: . Try making Sims with fun traits and make the traits conflict with other Sims in the household's traits. That might make it more interesting for you hopefully.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited October 2010
    doodlesam wrote:
    I'm exactly the same.
    The moment I just exit Create A Sim...I'm bored. And unmotivated. I end up just shutting the game off after only a few minutes of playing.
    I used to play Sims 2 non stop.. :/

Theres just something...bland about it. The game practically plays itself, and its not got the same amount of freedom than in the Sims 2.

Exactly my point!

Honestly, I don't even like the open neighborhood in effect. the idea is nice, but yea... story progression is like '-.- Really EA? Don't take away our ability to play everything or anything' and half the time, turning it off doesn't even work.

Blech.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited October 2010
    Totally agree, strelitzia! The only reason I go into my game is for comps! I spend a couple hours for an assignment, and then don't open the game up until the next assignment! I'm really looking forward to LN, though....
  • Options
    SoloriusSolorius Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2010
    In the sims 2 i hated that i had to do everything myself and play every family just to get some progression through the neightbourhood.
    Its what i like about the sims 3 that the other sims grows up and get families on their own.
    But ye it would been great for the story tellers if EA got story progression fixed.
  • Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Solorius wrote:
    In the sims 2 i hated that i had to do everything myself and play every family just to get some progression through the neightbourhood.
    Its what i like about the sims 3 that the other sims grows up and get families on their own.
    But ye it would been great for the story tellers if EA got story progression fixed.

I like that too, but I don't use aging and story progression. Whenever I need a family's age to catch up to another family's age, I just use the birthday cake.
  • Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited October 2010
    With The Sims 2, from the beginning, I could play for hours upon hours without stopping. Now, with The Sims 3, I can hardly stand getting out of CAS.

It's SO annoying, considering I got a new computer JUST for this game -.-

I've tried like, everything, but nothing gets me motivated.

*sigh*

Anyone on the same boat?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes one hundred times over! I haven't even opened my game in almost a month. Around the time Barnacle Bay came out I was gifted that and 4 or 5 sets, and that made me play for a day. Now, I'm back at square one. I'm sure once Late Night comes out I'll be interested again, but I'm thinking about just quitting all together...

As for Sims 2, the exact same thing happened to me. I'd play a lot and then stop for months and months. Then I'd get the urge to play and play for a few weeks and then stop again...

I have a hard time following through sometimes I guess.
  • Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I feel the same way :( I am trying to try different things with the game but no matter what...it still feels repetitive :/
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited October 2010
    CAS drives me crazy, takes forever for my patterns to load! I would love to redecorate a house, but know I would get frustrated! And quit whenever I am done, never getting to play my sims, so I don't bother.

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm the opposite. I could never find the motivation to play TS2. I can play TS3 for hours, when I'm well enough.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I actually suggested something helpful which you could try, instead of ignoring my comment and continuing to wallow with other Simmers.
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I think I've just burned myself out on TS3. I played it so much for months and months, and now it's like.... now what?

I hope LN will spice things up.
  • Options
    Aqua98Aqua98 Posts: 514
    edited October 2010
    I agree! I find it really hard to get into the game...I'm hoping LN will change that!
  • Options
    Twilightsims3fanTwilightsims3fan Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2010
    The sims 2, I could play for hours, the sims 3? Even more! I like the fact that theres not a loading page when I want to go somewhere, I like that its more realistic!

If you don't like the sims 3 then go back to playing the sims 2. Or maybe EA could produce an EP with all the crazy stuff that used to happen in the sims 2 in it. That way people that like crazy get craziness, and people that don't like crazy, well don't.

Try something new. Find the spark that got you addicted in the first place. :wink:
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2010
    I remember playing Sims 1 and 2 for hours, playing all the different lots for 1 sim week each, even if I dislike the family. I played one night for 12 hours, stopping only to heat some food and going to the bathroom. Was obsessed with Sims 2 when NightLife came out.

I do enjoy the gameplay with Sims 3 and have played for hours, once I cleared up the problem with crashing. What frustrates me is the CASt patterns taking forever to load, when you have lots of a particular category. So building and decorating a house takes hours and by the time I finished, I know I better close the game cause it starts to lower in performance, then I am getting close to crashing. Same thing with CAS, takes a long time to load the clothing. (old computer) Also I get tired after building or CAS-ing some sims, so I close the game after that.

All in a nutshell, Sims 3 have lots of performance problems for older computers and when I get another one, maybe I will have the desire to play for hours again. With Sims 2, if the computer needed upgrades, I could still play without crashing and spending hours to create a sim. I really miss bodyshop.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SoukinaSoukina Posts: 1,337 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Lol, QEEboy, I read your comment/s. I suggest you do everything. Have affairs, argue with random people, quit your job, have a child than leave it. Make everything super plot based.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Soukina wrote:
    Lol, QEEboy, I read your comment/s. I suggest you do everything. Have affairs, argue with random people, quit your job, have a child than leave it. Make everything super plot based.

I'm glad somebody did.
  • Options
    caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited October 2010
    QEEboy wrote:
    Soukina wrote:
    I'm glad somebody did.
    I read it too :wink:

But I have no problem with the Sims 3. I love it. I could play for hours and hours (I do, I've just been on it for 3 hours and I have other stuff I need to do! :oops: ) I occasionally get a bit bored if I play on it too long or cut my hours down, but I always go back to it. (so the next bit isn't aimed at other people like this :) )
    I think other people's problems are created by aiming for perfection. You surf the net for the best cc for days, hoping it will inspire you to make the best sim. And then you spend ages creating the most beautiful (well in their opinion anyway) and glamorous sim. Then you spend hours and hours creating the best ever house, and then even more furnishing it(most likely using cheats). By the time you actually get the sim moved in, it all seems bland again. But never mind, because you have their whole lives already planned out, as they're going to be the star of your new story, yadda yadda.(yes, this is slightly exagerated)Boring. No wonder people get sick of playing :roll:

The best part of S3 is the spontaneity. There isn't any of that when all your sims are over-glammed and for the most part look the same, and even have the same normally 'safe' traits. Nor is there any spontaneity when you control your sims every movements or make it easy for them by cheating all the time. Put free will on high. Make a sim with traits you've never used before, who is different looking to all the sims you've ever made before, even a sim that is not OMG drop-dead-gorgeous. Maybe try a different culture, race. Don't create a personality for them before you play - let them create their own. Try a different career branch from usual, etc, etc.

And then tell me you're still bored. :D
  • Options
    CaOcSimCaOcSim Posts: 715 Member
    edited October 2010
    It takes more time to build houses in TS3 than TS2.
  • Options
    nym1997nym1997 Posts: 2,963 New Member
    edited October 2010
    id play as much anymore i lurk more on the forums
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited October 2010
    caturae wrote:
    QEEboy wrote:
    Soukina wrote:
    I'm glad somebody did.
    I read it too :wink:

But I have no problem with the Sims 3. I love it. I could play for hours and hours (I do, I've just been on it for 3 hours and I have other stuff I need to do! :oops: ) I occasionally get a bit bored if I play on it too long or cut my hours down, but I always go back to it. (so the next bit isn't aimed at other people like this :) )
    I think other people's problems are created by aiming for perfection. You surf the net for the best cc for days, hoping it will inspire you to make the best sim. And then you spend ages creating the most beautiful (well in their opinion anyway) and glamorous sim. Then you spend hours and hours creating the best ever house, and then even more furnishing it. By the time you actually get the sim moved in, it all seems bland again. But never mind, because you have their whole lives already planned out, as they're going to be the star of your new story, yadda yadda.(yes, this is slightly exagerated)Boring. No wonder people get sick of playing :roll:

The best part of S3 is the spontaneity. There isn't any of that when all your sims are over-glammed and for the most part look the same, and even have the same normally 'safe' traits. Nor is there any spontaneity when you control your sims every movements. Put free will on high. Make a sim with traits you've never used before, who is different looking to all the sims you've ever made before, even a sim that is not OMG drop-dead-gorgeous. Maybe try a different culture, race. Don't create a personality for them before you play - let them create their own. Try a different career branch from usual, etc, etc.

And then tell me you're still bored. :D

I'm still bored. :wink:
    I don't use any CC, nor do I make my sims perfect. However, I still find the game...sorta dull. I play the game to play out my own stories. I choose my sim's every move, and every interaction. I even imagine what they are thinking and saying! The game just seems shallow to me, and I don't know why. Of course, I have odd periods every three months or so when I get really into the game. However that is normally when I have a good story to play out.

I think my issue with the sims 3 will probably disapate after a couple of expansions. However at the moment, I just find it hard to play. As I said, I'm not sure why. I think the sims 3 has some great features, far superior to sims 2. However theres just something that loses my focus. Something that makes me unmotivated. But I don't know what that is.

With the sims 2, I felt like I was in the game with my sim, controlling them...
    With the sims 3, I feel I am just a meer spectator, watching my sims live their own lives. With little need for intervention. Sure, its nice that sims can look after themselves. However watching is boring, and only so much fun.

And when I do intervene, theres only so much I can do. For the game limits player control in many ways.

I have no interest in improving my sim's career status, or skill level. My core love for the game derives from the option to create my only circumstances, my own story. Sadly, with all the great features sims 3 has. It appears to have lost much of the freedom, and control that lead me to love the series in the first place.

Just my view. :)