The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Deluxe: Whatever happened to World Adventures?

Okay, so I searched the forum and couldn't find anything pertaining to my specific question(s) regarding the "Deluxe" edition of The Sims 3. Anyway, let's start with the obvious:

1. Why was the "World Adventures" EP excluded from the "Deluxe" edition of the game and/or replaced with the "Ambitions" EP? Has EA made any official comment on why they chose "Ambitions" over "World Adventures," and if so, can someone provide a link to said comment?

2. Similar to the above, but does anyone have any idea why EA chose to release the "Deluxe" edition of the game with the "Ambitions" EP rather then waiting for "Late Night" to become available and releasing both the standard EP and the "Deluxe" edition with the Base Game + EP at the same time?

3. Will people who purchase the "Deluxe" Edition and then go back and purchase "World Adventures" have similar problems to those who purchased and installed EPs out of the order that they were released for TS1 and TS2? For example, Installing "Hot Date" and then installing "Livin' Large" would potentially create problems in TS1.

4. In the past, "Deluxe" editions of Sims games have often included added functionality; for example, in TS1's Deluxe edition, a tool was included that allowed for greater customization of Sims; does TS3's Deluxe edition include any similar tools?

5. Are the discs in the Deluxe Edition of TS3 a bit more up-to-date then the original base game discs from 2009? Since this is effectively a new pressing of TS3 discs from what I understand, I'm admittedly curious to know if EA took advantage of the most recent pressing to update the version of the base game that's included on the disc from the one that was initially shipped in 2009 as part of both the standard and "collector's" edition of the game. (I should point out that the original pressing required patching out of the box.)

Thank you in advance for your time everyone; I'm admittedly looking into the "Deluxe Edition" because I'm currently using TS3 on two different computers, and I'd like to be able to leave a copy of the game near each of them.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2010
    AlexRoz9 wrote:
    Okay, so I searched the forum and couldn't find anything pertaining to my specific question(s) regarding the "Deluxe" edition of The Sims 3. Anyway, let's start with the obvious:

1. Why was the "World Adventures" EP excluded from the "Deluxe" edition of the game and/or replaced with the "Ambitions" EP? Has EA made any official comment on why they chose "Ambitions" over "World Adventures," and if so, can someone provide a link to said comment?

2. Similar to the above, but does anyone have any idea why EA chose to release the "Deluxe" edition of the game with the "Ambitions" EP rather then waiting for "Late Night" to become available and releasing both the standard EP and the "Deluxe" edition with the Base Game + EP at the same time?

3. Will people who purchase the "Deluxe" Edition and then go back and purchase "World Adventures" have similar problems to those who purchased and installed EPs out of the order that they were released for TS1 and TS2? For example, Installing "Hot Date" and then installing "Livin' Large" would potentially create problems in TS1.

4. In the past, "Deluxe" editions of Sims games have often included added functionality; for example, in TS1's Deluxe edition, a tool was included that allowed for greater customization of Sims; does TS3's Deluxe edition include any similar tools?

5. Are the discs in the Deluxe Edition of TS3 a bit more up-to-date then the original base game discs from 2009? Since this is effectively a new pressing of TS3 discs from what I understand, I'm admittedly curious to know if EA took advantage of the most recent pressing to update the version of the base game that's included on the disc from the one that was initially shipped in 2009 as part of both the standard and "collector's" edition of the game. (I should point out that the original pressing required patching out of the box.)

Thank you in advance for your time everyone; I'm admittedly looking into the "Deluxe Edition" because I'm currently using TS3 on two different computers, and I'd like to be able to leave a copy of the game near each of them.
    Deluxe does not necessarily mean all EPs or SPs will be in a package. As long as one or more expands the base game. Overall it appears that more people prefer Ambitions over WA.

2. It makes more sense to release a ep without the base game being most people have the game already and also to make more profit off of the EP itself being if they include the new EP in the Deluxe it will reduce the possibility of maximizing their return on LN being the deluxe will be sold at a price a little higher than the base but with the new EP not enough to make a profit. after awhile they will make another deluxe like they did with past sim products. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited October 2010
    1. I assume because: a) World Adventures was the worst selling pack
    b) They realised how awful WA really was, and how
    uninterested most fans are in it. :P

2. There is also a deluxe version including Late Night and the base game. I assume that is why.

3. The order of installation does not matter. In the Sims 3, or in the Sims2.

4. Doubt it.

5. I'm not sure, however it does sound likely.