Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Base Game Launcher

I had major problems after loading Fast Lane on my PC. I uninstalled FL and then none of the SIMS games worked. I uninstalled ALL the Sims games

I started the reinstall process from the base game Sims 3 (v 1.0.631.00001). There was a problem with the game launcher not being recognized.

I could not fine any manual game updates for this version since I cannot even open the base game.

HELP ME...I'm drowning in computer tech land... :x

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi,

How exactly did you uninstall your games? What is the exact error message when attempting to use the launcher?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • missbuttonmissbutton Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2011
    hey i need a manual update from 1.19.44.010002 can any one help me????
    :?: :?:
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi Missbutton,

You can download the following standalone base game Super Patcher here:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update.exe

This Super Patcher is designed to work with the base game of any version number from any game region. After the update has been applied, the base game will be brought to version 1.22.9.

Note that the standalone patch is self executable, meaning you can simply download it to your Windows desktop and run the setup installer directly. Other than ensuring that the game and launcher are not running, no further setup is required.

If you should receive a patch error message stating that the installed version of the game could not be determined, it is advised that you run the patcher as an administrator. You can do this by logging into Windows via an administrator account or by right-clicking on the patch installer and then selecting "Run as Administrator."

For future reference, you can check out the following thread for official EA download links for the manual cumulative updates:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!