Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upload Space?

teasingmeat1teasingmeat1 Posts: 405 New Member
The current upload space is 1 gig.
will we be able to buy more space , for our creations?

Comments

• JamesFraizerJamesFraizer Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The current upload space is 1 gig.
    will we be able to buy more space , for our creations?

Good question about buying more space? I don't know why on the sims2 exchange a house i uploaded on there. I was able to see it a few weeks in my page. All a sudden poof!!! It's gone, Like vanish. Some one took my house and ran away with it. :thumbdown: It could of been the :twisted:
  • SimGuruKyleSimGuruKyle Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure about what we'll be doing about space limits in the future, but I think you'll find that 1 gig will go a long way for most of your creations. The actual files for a custom preset or even full lots with houses are surprisingly compact. :D

A preset can be as low as 40 or 80KB, and something really complex as high as 2 or 3MB. I think that, on average, you could probably fit literally a thousand creations into that amount of space.
  • AceaAcea Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    guys i uploaded a house from the exchange and all but i don't know where it went so i can put it in the game............i've played all the Sims and am a huge fan!!! but this uploading stuff just confused me....lol please help :)
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure about what we'll be doing about space limits in the future, but I think you'll find that 1 gig will go a long way for most of your creations. The actual files for a custom preset or even full lots with houses are surprisingly compact. :D

A preset can be as low as 40 or 80KB, and something really complex as high as 2 or 3MB. I think that, on average, you could probably fit literally a thousand creations into that amount of space.

I was thinking the same thing things are alot smaller than they were with the sims 2 and think that it is a great thing that there is only 1 gig space otherwise we will be sifting though so much stuff and people will be more likely delete the crappy stuff to make room for the quality. lets hope simmers know the difference lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims