Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back Yoga, and/or add sleep on ground for exhausted sims

This suggestion is mainly about providing more possibilities for when our sim gets stuck someplace they can't get out of, and lack of sleep prevents common options.

(I babble, so bare with me :) )

Ideas:
Sleep in chair,
Sleep on ground,
Yoga into trance/lucid sleep,
Tell sim to sleep wherever they are (standing, sitting, on ground, whatever) or do something that will relax them enough to fall asleep, instead of the alternative of waiting to collapse from exhaustion (with seven babies this is the only option LOL.

BTW how come it's easy to care for 7 babies but when they become toddlers suddenly they need more social attention and social service takes them all within a couple days. There needs to be a better balance or a freewill for the toddlers to interact with eachother to gain social)

Sims2 had some options that I am missing immensely right now.

When clicking on a sim in Sims2, you could select relaxing things like: do yoga, or watch clouds and stars which sometimes put the sim to sleep. Not to mention some of the yoga poses are worth a few giggles, and fun on their own behalf to develop. I liked the way that Yoga improved their mood even when they are very upset.

I understand that Sims3 has included such things as: meditate and take a bubble bath.
But with the advent of travel, we cannot always jump into a bubble-filled ducky euphoria whenever our sim is distressed from being stuck in a tomb with no more escape dust and not enough room to lay a tent, while being too exhausted to meditate for more than a few seconds and surrounded by traps she is too tired or unskilled to disarm or cross, while I cannot remember which dive pool goes where.

...Yep, I've wiggled my sim into plenty of user-unfriendly corners (my luck seems to run that direction ... like finally getting into the fancy dining room in the French Mansion, all to get at the treasure chest there looking for a keystone, then couldn't get back out because the door was locked and the trap was not disarmable. I eventually figured it out to have a family member that came with buy an escape dust and then drag and drop it over to her portrait so she could use it to escape).

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to break a window to escape? or at least to open it and crawl out.

I love zeneport and escape dust to quick get someplace to take care of the sim's needs... but it does no good when you don't have access to either.

We do also need an option to tell our sim to sleep on the ground... to get rested enough to meditate long enough to use zeneport when they get seriously stuck somewhere.

Example of need :
I've noticed my sim keeps waking up from strange noises or whatever it is that keeps waking her up after collapsing from exhaustion

(currently my sim is stuck on the island in france that she zeneported to
(to get to a fishing spot near her new vacation house),

with three days left till the trip is over, (glad I don't have something like 14 days left and an adventure item to turn in)
and I can't get off the island or make her stay asleep long enough to get rested,
and my tent is not giving me an option to 'place', not sure if it's bugged or what but there is no error message and it's been unselectable before too without any obvious reason either).
I know in three days, she'll be popped out of there and back in Riverview, but until then I have no way to repair the situation other than to cut the trip short and call to go home.

Because she is exhausted and won't sleep long enough to not be exhausted, she will not fish or harvest the rare grapes, and she cannot use her laptop or meditate. She -can- talk on the phone, but there isn't an option to call 'search and rescue' LOL!

If she could watch clouds or do yoga, I'd at least have something fun to do that also has a possibility of generating rest so that I could make use of meditate long enough to reach bliss and zeneport out of there.

TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
Research Blog: Garden/Recipe