Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- TOXIC - Modeling Industries COME AND SEE WHO WON!

Banner.png

I was inspired to make this from Glee ;) I loved the Britney Spears episode, it was really enjoyable to watch, I totally loved it. So I've obviously been addicted to the music of the show. So I only hope this competition is just as enjoyable as the music and show inspiring it :D

Now, time to set up all the ground rules and all the boring mumbo jumbo.

RULES

NO text on pictures unless stated otherwise in the assignment rules
    If there is text allowed, any GLITTERY text is
NOT allowed. N.O.T.
    Face Plastering is
N.O.T. allowed. If I see it, I will give you ONE warning. So you may mess up ONCE. But, you MUST fix it before the due date.
    I'm sure you all have seen people do it- photoskinning. For those who haven't,
here is a GREAT example (amazing picture BTW Harry ;) hope you don't mind me using that) it is exactly what I DON'T want in your picture. Why? I find it JUST as bad as face plastering.
    Absolutely NO arguing with the judges decisions! Just accept it as it is, and move on. If you're eliminated, then let it be, and improve upon what is said about your work, it will greatly improve you! However, if you believe the judge did not provide enough feedback, just ask politely :mrgreen:
    Honestly, don't be like '🐸🐸🐸🐸 MY PICTURE SUX'. Please. I used to be that way, and sure I still think a couple of my pictures aren't great, but I'm not THAT negative. So please, be positive about your pictures!
    Collaboration on the last rule- if you don't like someone elses photo, just don't say anything bad, as that is one of the MEANEST things you can do. People work incredibly hard on every photo they take, and to be shut down about it is just terrible. So please, NO insulting photos.
    I prefer for pictures to speak for themselves, but if you LOVE providing a little background knowledge to your picture, please don't make it a book ;) preferably a maximum of 5 sentences, but I won't keep track, but please use that guideline
    Editing is VERY much optional, but a few of the assignments will be hard if you do not

Oh dear, I do make a lot of rules... and I'm sure I'll be thinking of more as we go on.. xD

So think you can stand being in TOXIC? Well lets see how you survive, shall we?
23uvol1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2011
    thefinalepart1.png

-freetime-

Yes, it is the long awaited finale. And I've decided to go crazy.

Go all out.

No restrictions (other than the ones always in place)

It's all you.

All Out Editing Allowed

but wait!! there's more!!

thefinalepart2.png

-toxic-

oh yea. time to show my YOUR idea of TOXIC. Same rules as always, all out editing allowed, now get crazy guys.

All Out Editing Allowed

Keep in mind the original rules of the competition

DUE:: Tuesday, February 22th, 2011
    1 and a half week deadline because its a 2 parter, and free pictures are impossible.

Ready? Set, GO!
    (I prefer short explanations to the assignment, much less to read. if you need any clarification, just ask here. )

Score Card::
    Professionalism: ?/15 (how professional is it put together?)
    Quality: ?/5 (are the pictures high quality and something that would draw attention?)
    Model: ?/10 (how good does the model look? can you see the face in almost all the pictures?)
    Pose: /10 (is the pose both interesting and well executed for the idea?)
    Total: ?/40

Models.png

1. Altheaquin - Rose Noir WINNER!
    2. Hannahjo - Maxxie Rose RUNNER UP!
    3. Ameliuh321 - Indira Evans ELIMINATED
    4. Auschick7 - Xanthi Lune ELIMINATED
    5. Bliss87 - Tara Moon ELIMINATED
    6. Strelitzia19 - Lyra Stone ELIMINATED
    7. Bossybutt - Plum Charance ELIMINATED
    8. Vallau - Daisy Everett DROPPED OUT
    9. Falserhapsody - Kyleigh Jones ELIMINATED
    9. Ay2Cee - Leslie Matson ELIMINATED
    11. Simpixie2255 - Anna Claire Smiller DROPPED OUT
    12. Kittycattylion - Meeka Wish DROPPED OUT
    13. Friendliellama - Fierenza Gressel ELIMINATED
    14. 435q - Britney Monty ELIMINATED
    15. Maezinha - Twisty Khumalo - DROPPED OUT

:mrgreen: = Handed In
    :D = Seen It
    :!: = Where art thou!?

Judges.png

1. Evergreen226
    2. Angie
    3. Pixie
    4. Crgee

Post edited by Unknown User on
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :mrgreen:
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    2 guest judges, so please give a warm welcome to Alex AKA Ay2Cee, and Kimmie, AKA Strelitzia19, both former contestants!
    scores.png
    (from highest to lowest)

Now for the scrolling of truth >:]

Yea, you're going to kill me.

Have I mentioned I'm evil?

And now... the moment of truth!

OUR CYCLE ONE WINNER IS.....

Altheaquin - Rose Noir - 381.5

Picture One
    final1.jpg"width=620"

Jake::

Professionalism: 13.5/15
    Quality: 5/5
    Model: 10/10
    Pose: 9.5/10
    Total: 38/40
    Comments: I don't know, I really like this picture Thea x] It's very symmetrical, very beautiful, and I just like it. Maybe it's not finale quality work, but it's still a great picture! It just... works x]

Angie::

Professionalism: 15/15
    Pose: 9/10
    Total: 39/40
    Comments: Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with this photo. It jsut irked me that all the kids were in the same pose, but that's just me. Amazing job.

Pixie::

Professionalism: 10/15
    Model: 9/10
    Pose: 6/10
    Total: 30/40
    Pixie's Comment:
    I honestly didn't find this all that creative, I liked the idea but it didn't pop out to me like some of your other entries have done. The extras didnt look like children, but I didn't want to take off any points just in case their were actually children. and another thing that bothered me was how your model had the same pose as the extras, if she wore the same cltohing she would have blended in, so well done for keeping the clothing different and keeping her center, good job, but it wasn't for me.

Alex::

Professionalism: 13/15
    Pose: 8/10
    Total: 35/40
    Comment: Kung-Fu fighting! =D This photo is pretty interesting, and I'm a huge fan of simplicity, though I thought that the pose was a bit too simple.
    Still, the idea is great, and Rose looks amazing for a martial arts teacher, I love the expression on her face, and the background is stunning. Overall
    I think you did an amazing shot with this photo!

Kimmie::

Quality: 4/5
    Pose: 10/10
    Comments: I love the idea behind this picture, and can definitely see Rose doing this in her spare time. Rose looks fantastic, and so does the background. China ftw!
    --
    Picture Two
    final2.jpg"width=620"

Quality: 4.5/5
    Total: 39.5/40
    Comments: Girl. Where has this been!? You've got me sitting here with my mouth wide open. Everything in this is just... perfect! Almost- I would have preferred a bit more lighting, but yea. Her face is like screaming, 'Go Away!' with just that perfect amount of terror, and then all the little bits and pieces... <3

Comments: Another amazing one. Your idea of "toxic" is sure creative. I just docked off the point because her pose is just..bleh..to me. ^_^

Professionalism: 14/15
    Pixie's Comment:
    This picture is much better in my opinion then the first one you provided us, you portrayed the word toxic well, and I am impressed, I love everything about your second picture! Well done.

Comments: I really really like this photo, the toxicity of it is somewhat overwhelming, I think one can even see the sadness and grief that Rose has in her purple eyes, and the pose was brilliant, the surroundings were deadly, and her look is poisonous! Great job as always Thea!

Comments: Definitely screams toxic to me, the drugs, alcohol, etc. Rose's outfit and make-up blend perfectly and suit the theme.
    --

Hannahjo - Maxxie Rose - 365
    Picture One

Free.jpg

Model: 8/10
    Total: 37/40
    Comments: Wow. o.o just wow. This picture SO blew me away! It's gorgeous! I love your graphics! And now, onto the actual contents. That pose. I hate you. I've NEVER been able to get a pose like that, no matter how hard I try, and you ROCKED it. My biggest issues with this picture is her hair, it looks really weird.. and then her shorts. There's like this dark spot on her **********. :P Other than that... fabulous job, you definitely stepped it up this round!

Quality: 4.5/5
    Total: 39.5/40
    Comments: If I could I would give you a freaking 1000 on the pose. I love that, it just makes the whole photo! The bangs of her hair just looked a little awkward to me :s

Quality: 3/5
    Total: 34/40
    Pixie's Comment:
    I loved this picture, the setting is stunning and your model's hair which you drew on is like "wow", however the does look good, but the shorts looked a little odd, did you draw them on? Because they didn't look real.

Comments: This was a beautiful entry Hannah! Though some parts stick out, Maxxie's face and hair seems a bit too illuminated and her knees and the lower parts of her body seem a bit dark compared to the rest of the photo. Though the posing is amazing, the proportions are just right, though it seems a bit too similar to fetal position, more like she's expecting something bad to happen instead of enjoying the time with her family. Still, this is a beautiful entry.

Comments: I'm not sure that I could just sit on a beach remembering the past while my family play. I think it would have been better if she was joining in. I love the pose, and the hair drawing is perfect.
    The lines around her legs are pretty choppy, but other than that I think you done a great job.
    --
    Picture Two
    Toxic.jpg

Comments: Wow. This is mjdnhl worthy editing. She was like, an editing god, and always put little details like this in her pictures, and they were great. And you have definitely like, stepped it up to her level! From the little post it notes all around to the to the little puke on the toilet, it's just great :] The tape measure was a GREAT addition! Very beautiful! However, the closed eyes.. those were a biggy for me, because I would have loved to see her expression through them.

Pose: 9.5/10
    Total: 38.5/40
    Comments: It's ever little detail about this photo that make it perfect. Well...Maybe except that her hands look a little awkward with the tape, and her eyes bug me. Are they supposed to be open or shut? Amazing job ^_^

Pixie's Comment:
    I LOVE how you sorta conected the two of your pictures, and you took a totally different veiw of the word toxic, it is so real what you portrayed and actually quite hard, you pulled it off well, and I like how you have the tape mesure around her waiste.

Total: 37/40
    Comments: Such a depressing entry, the message I mean. One can really see the emotion in this photo, and I love how you managed to make an old pose into something unique. Took me a while to notice a few of the indicators in the photo, and without using words, I know this photo would still get the message across! Great job Hannah!

Model: 7/10
    Pose: 7/10
    Total: 33/40
    Comments: I'm not very keen on this photo, the concept behind it is fantastic and raises awareness about how models feel, but it just doesn't scream toxic. The setting is great and the little hint of the "fat" photograph is a nice touch. I think you could have done a little better with this assignment, sorry.
    --

wow. i am totally, completely, absolutely, okay, enough adverbs. I'm just absolutely amazed with you both. You have both pumped out such amazing pictures every round, and i want to thank you. you guys, all you contestants have made this competition well worth it, and i am ridiculously happy this worked out. You guys are just amazing, and I love you. you truly have made this a spectacular competition ♥

Group_Hug_by_Beccy23.gif

and so i congratulate you!

And now onto Siggies:

theasiggy.png
    [*IMG]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx162/evergreen226/TOXIC/theasiggy.png[/IMG*]

Thea, I invite you back into our wonderous world of TOXIC as a judge for Cycle 2. If you'd like to accept this position, please let me know :]

hannahsiggy.png
    [*IMG]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx162/evergreen226/TOXIC/hannahsiggy.png[/IMG*]

Hannah, I invite you back into the TOXIC party with a place in Cycle 2 as a contestant. If you'd like to accept this position, just post an application here!

thank you both SO much again <3
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hm.. it says Purple Penguin commented, but it's not showing... :?
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited October 2010
    YAY! Jakey, just because it`s your comp. I will probably join!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    :lol: Awesome, thanks :D Hope you do! (Listening to Britney songs is giving me AWESOME ideas here xD)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    :lol: Awesome, thanks :D Hope you do! (Listening to Britney songs is giving me AWESOME ideas here xD)
    I love glee more than any show, btw! (It`s on tonight!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:

I know, might not watch, I normally watch online.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited October 2010
    Model's Name: Lyra Stone

Model's Bio: Since she was tiny Lyra has had a lot of people commenting on her gorgeous red hair and honey coloured eyes, she never thought she would have what it takes to become a model though. She is a doctor and has three gorgeous children, so spends her days and evenings looking after others, maybe now is her moment to show the world exactly who she is :)

Model's Headshot: LyraStone6-1.jpg

Modeling Competition Experience: I've been in one before, but didn't get very far. I have only just started editing with photoshop, but can take awesome in-game picture, if that helps :)

Hope my entry's OK, haven't had much practise :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:

I know, might not watch, I normally watch online.
    Yea, I watch it when it comes on! I love it too much to wait!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Awesome to see Lyra here :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Making my model now!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Jake, is the headshot OK or do you want me to go in game and take another?
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's great actually :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks, it was taken by jmelo, it was the best one I had to hand. I love it :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Can it be berrified?
  • Options
    HannahjoHannahjo Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited October 2010
    How far apart will your deadlines be? I want to join a comp that won't take months to complete cuz I'm expecting and due the end if the month but all my other comps keep getting dumped or dragging on.
  • Options
    Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I really want to join. will be back with a model tommorow.
  • Options
    amazing1239amazing1239 Posts: 2,054 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jake wrote:
    here is a GREAT example (amazing picture BTW Harry ;) hope you don't mind me using that) it is exactly what I DON'T want in your picture. Why? I find it JUST as bad as face plastering.

I've always thought the same thing as you, so many of the sims features can get lost, and it just starts seeming like it's not the sim anymore

Also I just may inquire about being a judge I haven't decide yet, because I know RL is catching up to me in so many different ways
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:
    Can it be berrified?

I was actually planning that for a later cycle, but its fine :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really want to join. will be back with a model tommorow.

Awesome :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'll definitely be lurking this modeling comp. ;]

I can only imagine what assignment one is. xD

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Jake wrote:

I've always thought the same thing as you, so many of the sims features can get lost, and it just starts seeming like it's not the sim anymore

Also I just may inquire about being a judge I haven't decide yet, because I know RL is catching up to me in so many different ways

So glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks like that :lol:

Okay! :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm I really want to join but adding another comp to my 7 others, plus my two steady legacies... seems like a bad bad bad idea..

But I would be interested in judging if Pringle can't :)

But if not I will most definitely be luuuurking!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll definitely be lurking this modeling comp. ;]

I can only imagine what assignment one is. xD

It unfortunately has nothing to do with Britney :lol:
    23uvol1.jpg