Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny Mummy Story, possible spoiers

I'm playing a legacy game because that's usually not my style and I wanted to try something different. I promised myself "no backing up" unless there was a computer glitch, so I'm stuck with any mistakes I make. I suppose it increases the challenge.

I was playing last night while I was rather tired. That was my first mistake. The matriarch of my family, Genevive, had taken her twin teenage daughters, Geneva and Guenevere, to Egypt to do a little tomb robbing and vacationing. Genevive and Guenevere (the brave, adventurous types) headed out to a tomb I'd downloaded (I've done all the ones that came with the game twice). I had them split up (2nd mistake) and didn't heed the warning on a sign not to touch the item on the pedestal lest I awaken the wrath of the mummy (third mistake) Long story short (too late), Guenevere, the teenage daughter, got cursed. No problem, I thought I had 14 days, right? Plenty of time. Let's explore the rest of the tomb first (fourth mistake).

Everything was fine until they got tired. I somehow completely spaced (probably from my own fatigue) that when a sim is cursed they should not sleep in a sarcophagus (fifth mistake). So, suddenly, Guenevere was a mummy. Obviously she can't be heiress now, and that thing where all sims drop actions when they see a mummy or a simbot - very annoying, so I don't want to take her home. So...I decided to re-kill her.

By the way, killing a PC mummy, not so easy. First, I tried to burn her in the fire traps at the tomb. Thankfully there was a trap I could keep resetting over and over. Mummys, fire, not a good combo, right? It was funny watching her do the fire dance the first 10 times. After that, not so much. She had almost no handy skill, so I tried to electrocute her to no avail. Then I thought, "maybe she can still be cured," so I sent her to the Sphinx. Nope. So, finally I had to let her stand there until she starved. Her twin sister even came by to see her (and pick up all the re-spawned gems).

After her untimely (seriously, could have been faster) re-death, I had the mom display her urn in their vacation house. The twin immediately went over to it and sobbed. Very sad. I have to admit, I actually felt very bad about the whole thing, until the twin suddenly stopped crying and did a "Yeebah Woohoo!" right in front of the urn and then went to eat some ice cream. LOL.

Thanks to ecstatica for a wonderful tomb, Kahotep Ruins!
a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Comments

• DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2010
    Great story!
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you, DarkFireFly. It was a little macabre, I realized, after posting it. I guess I'm just in that kind of mood.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    edited October 2010
    It really does sound like an ineteresting story.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm making note of that tomb. Thanks for sharing the story.
  • katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited October 2010
    LOL, poor you when im sleepy i kill a billion sims, *sigh* oh well there still ghosts so not ALL "gone" hehe
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited October 2010
    That was fun. Thanks for sharing.
  • vulnerableviolinvulnerableviolin Posts: 746 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Ohhh, no!
    Hahaha, I suppose my sims have been lucky.
    I've had no cursed sims.
    (And my sims lose fights with mummies all the time.)