So your about to start a new save, or wish your Sims to visit a new holiday location, now you can.
You don't need to download a new vacation world, you can turn any world into a vacation world, complete with adventures, and holiday time.
To cut the length of this guide in half, first download this filehttp://www.sendspace.com/file/xt1j7i
You will also need the latest version of s3pe found here:-http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=np3ajqkk3fflh7i38af51im5j6&topic=189.0
It's very simple to do
1. Download a world from the exchange
2. Install the world
3. Rename the world France, you will find the file in your my documents/sims3 folder/Installed worlds
5. Next install and open S3Pe
6. Next click open in s3pe and navigate to My documents/sims 3 folder/installed worlds, the file should be now called France
7. In S3pe click on resource at the top of the screen and Import from file.
8. Import the file you download from me, it should be called S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN
9. Save and exit S3PE
10. Now we are going to replace the France world, so make a backup of this world first, you will find the file here:-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
11. Next move the file from My documents\Sims 3 folder\installed worlds and place the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
12. Next start a new game, start a new world and enjoy your visit to a new world.
13. Use the phone (France) to go on the new holiday location or use the France Icon to edit the Holiday location.
If the downloaded world contains no Base, the first time you visit when you try to return back to your home world you will be asked to place a new Base.
This process will also work with EA made worlds, but please be aware, store worlds are copy protected and I will not include instructions on how to remove the copy protection, on this thread.
Will this work with already made save games?
If you remove the France_0x0859db50 and France_0x0859db50ExportDB from your saved game folder and then follow the above instructions, when you reload that save in and go to the France holiday location, the game should spawn a new vacation location for that saved game. But how safe this will be to your saved game, I'm currently unsure, so you do this at your own risk. If anybody does test this for a long time, please share your findings. Follow the Golden rule BACKUP your save.
Can I make a vacation world, using CAW?
If you include the file in a caw made world, people who download the world will be unsure on how to install the world, feel free to post them this link. Saying that it's useless really for making vacation worlds and uploading them to the exchange, most people will never see this thread and the world you spent weeks/months building as gone into the recycle bin. So to be honest if your going to make a vacation world, then your best uploading to a site where people need to read descriptions and you can answer questions, mod the sims for example.
Just on a side note it works both ways, should you remove the file S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN
you can turn France into a base world.