Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turning a world into a vacation hot spot

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
So your about to start a new save, or wish your Sims to visit a new holiday location, now you can.

You don't need to download a new vacation world, you can turn any world into a vacation world, complete with adventures, and holiday time.

To cut the length of this guide in half, first download this file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xt1j7i

You will also need the latest version of s3pe found here:-

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=np3ajqkk3fflh7i38af51im5j6&topic=189.0

It's very simple to do

1. Download a world from the exchange

2. Install the world

3. Rename the world France, you will find the file in your my documents/sims3 folder/Installed worlds

5. Next install and open S3Pe

6. Next click open in s3pe and navigate to My documents/sims 3 folder/installed worlds, the file should be now called France

7. In S3pe click on resource at the top of the screen and Import from file.

8. Import the file you download from me, it should be called S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN

9. Save and exit S3PE

10. Now we are going to replace the France world, so make a backup of this world first, you will find the file here:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

11. Next move the file from My documents\Sims 3 folder\installed worlds and place the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

12. Next start a new game, start a new world and enjoy your visit to a new world.

13. Use the phone (France) to go on the new holiday location or use the France Icon to edit the Holiday location.

If the downloaded world contains no Base, the first time you visit when you try to return back to your home world you will be asked to place a new Base.

This process will also work with EA made worlds, but please be aware, store worlds are copy protected and I will not include instructions on how to remove the copy protection, on this thread.

Will this work with already made save games?

If you remove the France_0x0859db50 and France_0x0859db50ExportDB from your saved game folder and then follow the above instructions, when you reload that save in and go to the France holiday location, the game should spawn a new vacation location for that saved game. But how safe this will be to your saved game, I'm currently unsure, so you do this at your own risk. If anybody does test this for a long time, please share your findings. Follow the Golden rule BACKUP your save.

Can I make a vacation world, using CAW?

If you include the file in a caw made world, people who download the world will be unsure on how to install the world, feel free to post them this link. Saying that it's useless really for making vacation worlds and uploading them to the exchange, most people will never see this thread and the world you spent weeks/months building as gone into the recycle bin. So to be honest if your going to make a vacation world, then your best uploading to a site where people need to read descriptions and you can answer questions, mod the sims for example.

Just on a side note it works both ways, should you remove the file S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN

you can turn France into a base world.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    Congrats on sorting this out! This must have been a tremendous amount of work on your part but your perseverance has paid off.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited October 2010
    Great work, Stw!

I have a question, something I didn't see explained. Now that doesn't mean it wasn't explained but that I either didn't see it or comprehend it.

Once a world is turned into a vacation world then I am assuming it comes up as an option when phoning to go on a trip. However, is there an edit button at the top of the edit town screen for the new destination?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2010
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Great work, Stw!

I have a question, something I didn't see explained. Now that doesn't mean it wasn't explained but that I either didn't see it or comprehend it.

Once a world is turned into a vacation world then I am assuming it comes up as an option when phoning to go on a trip. However, is there an edit button at the top of the edit town screen for the new destination?

You just click the France Icon, or use the phone to goto France, Currently it's a replacement vacation, you can't have more than 3 vacation locations.

But at least you can now pick the locations, I will update this later to include the other 2 holiday locations, just not time to find the file for them places yet. I've got a feeling thou, the same file will work on all 3 locations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top