Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Town II is Released (Still Base Game Compatible)

Good grief this forum hates me today! Just updating first post to take out old info. Build Town II was uploaded to BogSims today. http://www.bogsims.com/sims3

I started completely over with a somewhat new vision. Build Town II has prettier gardens (at least I think they're prettier) than it did before:

Garden1.jpg

Garden2.jpg

More scenic backdrops for screenshots, including an ocean view:

Vista2.jpg

Vista1.jpg

It also features a large area for custom sized lot placement:

Custom.jpg

There will be no more clicking on a gazillion lots to find the right size! Seriously, I about drove myself nuts with that and usually spent at least ten minutes trying to find the lot size I wanted to build on. I came up with a plan and ran it by a few people who use this map and they loved it. All existing lots have numbers painted on them. And don't worry, the numbers WILL NOT transfer with a lot built in Build Town to another town. They can also be covered with terrain paint.

LotSizes.jpg

Lastly, I have seen Build Town recommended to people looking for small worlds for playing several times so this version was built to double as a potentially playable world (one of the reasons for that is so that if I want to take a break from building I have someplace in the world to goof around instead of loading another save). It won't have any freshwater spawners (place those on lots according to your whims) but it will contain saltwater fish, gems, rocks, and bugs.

Gratuitous.jpg

Please bear in mind this is no masterpiece of a world but at least if someone recommends it for playing I won't be screaming from the rooftops not to do it. :lol:
Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2010
    That's looking fabulous Regina, I can't wait for it to be finished !
    Thanks for updating & placing some spawners, it gives sims something to do while testing lot playability. The gardens will make a nice backdrop for taking pictures too.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank you, Pary! I think I have pretty much everything in place now except the spawners, am going to work on those next.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2010
    These look like nice improvements to Build Town, Regina. I think the ability to quickly see lot sizes is a really good idea.
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2010
    Looks good! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited October 2010
    DarkMirage, I believe you are way too kind because there are flaws. :lol:

Funny thing, I've never got any of my other projects to the stage of placing spawners. That actually can take a while! It might not be so bad if I didn't think they should go near a food source and have to look up what most of them would eat. :oops:

But yeah, want ladybugs? Look to roses because ladybugs love aphids and aphids love roses. (Well, I didn't have to look that one up.) Does anyone know what a trilobite ate? And how on earth does a world have dung beetles with no dung? Rainbow beetles, that's what they are. I did NOT know that.
    edited October 2010
    Initial play-testing has gone really well! (Although for seriously and stuff, just how many problems should crop up in a world without buildings? :lol: )

Anyway, I have a few minor adjustments I want to make, then do a bit more testing and it should be good to go.
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited October 2010
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Initial play-testing has gone really well! (Although for seriously and stuff, just how many problems should crop up in a world without buildings? :lol: )

Anyway, I have a few minor adjustments I want to make, then do a bit more testing and it should be good to go.

thank you :mrgreen:
    because i need build town soon
    edited October 2010
    Elijah, I will try to get it done as quickly as I can, right now working it into a bunch of the kind of stuff that takes me away from home. I had to be gone all day today and need to be gone at least one more day this week. If that day is tomorrow I'll try to get this finished on Wednesday.
    edited October 2010
    Just a quick post to say Build Town II has been uploaded to BogSims today. http://www.bogsims.com/sims3
    edited October 2010
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
    *runs around crazily*

Thanks Regina !!! :mrgreen:
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2010
    You're welcome, Pary! And I owe you a thank you for the gift! :D

A really funny thing happened while I was play-testing this. I had to throw down a few buildings and stuff just so my Sim had something to do and I realized I actually was enjoying very much PLAYING in it.
    edited October 2010
    No probs !
    You give me a place to post my stuff, and I wasn't able to help out a while ago when you needed it, so I gifted you when I could instead :)

I'm going to put some rabbitholes in too, and see how it plays as a little 'hood as well.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2010
    Okay Regina, I finally got the password you sent me last to work. I posted in the introduction forum as I did not know where else to test it, as i figured you probably clean that one out. But I would have to guess the password is case sensitive as it failed the first time, so I went and tried it with the first letter capitalized and that worked. But my real password won't even try logging in - it just krpt saying it was wrong - then it donned on me -duh! Regina most likely eraticated it to give me the new one. Dunce that I'm being tonight. I have a good excuse though as I got like 3 hours of sleep last night as I went to bed like early this am, and little did I know at 9 am the town was planning on doing road work right out side of my house. I will surely go to bed earlier tonight as I don't believe 3 hours is very sufficient seeing all the DUH moments I'm getting.

Anyway it seems to work now anyway, Thanks.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2010
    Yep, the old password would be toast and yes it's case sensitive. Especially if I'm sending someone a password I make an alphabet/number soup and figure they can change it to whatever they want later.
    edited October 2010
    Pary, earlier I forgot to say to you (because I do that, half the time can only remember half of what I want to remember, then the other half the time don't seem to remember anything), at any rate I very much appreciate it! From the looks of things when next year rolls around and the hosting is due again CS3 most likely won't need a donation drive thanks to ad revenue and occasional donations. :D Gifts from the store are so special, though, because they're just for me! :mrgreen: