Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic or Unrealistic Gameplay? That is the question.

From what I've seen for the past 7 months on the forum, there are generally two sides of Sim gamers.

One of them wants the Sims 3 to be as "real" life like as possible.
The other Side likes what they have seen so far (e.g. the car entry thing)...

So the question is, do you like the Sims 3 to be more like real life?

Comments

• Options
    SamkateSamkate Posts: 228 New Member
    edited September 2010
    What I love about the Sims is that it's both. We have realistic gardening and housework and things like that, but we also have simbots and mummies and ridiculous careers.

I don't want Sims to be defined as either realism nor fantasy, because it's fantastic in both respects.
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    I guess for me no, not really. I like to use it as a form distraction from real life sometimes. :-)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    crybabygirl777crybabygirl777 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I miss a lot of the less realistic, more fun, silly things from S2!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2010
    I like the weirdness of the game! :wink:
    and pre-made families! :P
  • Options
    firestar77_3firestar77_3 Posts: 2,126
    edited September 2010
    Not really. :3
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm somewhere in the middle. I think Sims should have many possibilities. We should be able to make our games true to life if we want, but also have the option to use our imaginations. :)
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited September 2010
    In this time, I am in the middle for both sides
  • Options
    Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hmm.. both I guess :mrgreen:

I mean, I treat some of my simmies (the ones I'm attached to) like real little people. But obviously, because there are such things like elves and vampires and people with colored skin (blue, pink, yellow etc) in my game its hard to be all 'real life' about it, you know? Its just how I made it. Real in some aspects but totally fantasy in others.

Besides, the fact that our simmies go to the potty with their pants on rules out the possibility of me ever being able to see it in a total realistic light :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Island6Island6 Posts: 2,664 New Member
    edited September 2010
    In past expansion packs, I'd always play with the fantasy stuff. This is the same for the Sims 3.
  • Options
    000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited September 2010
    In the middle.

And welcome back Couriervaugan, missed seeing you around.
  • Options
    fey85fey85 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Its both for me as well. I didnt like the laundry concept though lol. it made it a little too real for me :mrgreen:. A "real" aspect i'd like though is weather.. tired of sunny or night time. Give me rain, snow e.t.c.
  • Options
    diech6diech6 Posts: 1,153
    edited September 2010
    i like both, i have enough of "real life" already lol
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2010
    I know this may sound strange but I want the sims 3 to be exacly like sims 2 but without loading screens. Also I want all the extras that comes with sims 3 like traits and that decorating tool. I want the best of both. Yah call me greedy , I don't care. :lol:
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited September 2010
    000000078 wrote:
    In the middle.

And welcome back Couriervaugan, missed seeing you around.[/quote

Hi 000078

I am so busy with my fantasy football league and other fall ventures for last 2 weeks. I will be gone from this forum for 8 weeks. How are you and your family in this wonderful fall season
  • Options
    JorizorianJorizorian Posts: 936
    edited September 2010
    This is weird but I like it to be like real life (i like the addition of the laundry). But I also want some fantasy in there like Ghosts, Aliens, Zombies, Vamps, Mummies, etc.
  • Options
    ScrawfflerScrawffler Posts: 61 New Member
    edited September 2010
    A bit of each really. I don't want everything in my game to be the same, and while some of my households are better off in a more realistic environment others are better suited to nonsensical fantasy.

I also have a habit of placing my weird blue and green Sims next door to my realistic households. XD
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited September 2010
    There have been tons of complaints of simmers getting bored, it's because sims 3 is too realistic. I like some realism, but it's unrealistic things that make it so interesting.
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2010
    I like both. It makes the game more fun with the nonrealistic things but it's also fun with the realistic things too because you can play out your life the way you want it to be. :thumbup:
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2010
    I would like to be able to make my sims LOOK real (and also attractive) without a boatload of custom content.

As for gameplay it doesn't have to be totally real. I'm good with vampires, pirates, aliens, etc. I'm perfectly happy without Laundry. I'm not going to get upset that it's there, though.
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2010
    There have been tons of complaints of simmers getting bored, it's because sims 3 is too realistic. I like some realism, but it's unrealistic things that make it so interesting.

^^^^^^^^^^^what she said :D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Very nice...

bump.

Current Stats:

0 Simmers said that they want the game to be similar to real life
    4 Simmers said that they want the game to be totally unrealistic
    13 Simmers said that they want the game to be a perfect blend of both realistic and unrealistic content
    1 Undecided Simmer (no comments).
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2010

I have to disagree on this, in my opinion anyways. I think it's the little things that added realism to sims 2 that people miss, and makes some people find the sims 3 boring. Of course, adding more fantasy type things would make it more exciting too. :mrgreen: it's all a matter of what you enjoy.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm sort of in the middle too. I don't mind it being realistic, but I like the fantasy creatures, ghosts, simbots and so forth.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2010
    I really like that we have some realism without being totally realistic. When I'm not working or doing other real life things I like to escape with the sims. If it was completely realistic I wouldn't be able to escape and probably wouldn't enjoy it half as much.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited October 2010
    Samkate wrote:
    What I love about the Sims is that it's both. We have realistic gardening and housework and things like that, but we also have simbots and mummies and ridiculous careers.

I don't want Sims to be defined as either realism nor fantasy, because it's fantastic in both respects.

I agree with this exactly.