Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After my sims retire, it takes away money, not give me money!

A couple of my sims retired, and under the career tab, it says -2,650 or whatever dollars. Why am I getting money taken away??

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Just like in real life, you do not get the same pay as you do when working. Unless you have made investments that can bring in additional money.
  • tuneout44tuneout44 Posts: 15
    edited September 2010
    No, I know. But it's taking away almost 3,000 dollars a day from my funds. When you retire, aren't you suppose to recieve some money?
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2010
    yes, your sims are meant to receive some form of retirement money, not have it taken away. That's a new one, never heard of this before.
    Does it actually remove the money from your household funds, or is the UI just reporting its a negative number?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited September 2010
    Nope, it's actually taking money away
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2010
    okay.. erm... are your household bills exceeding the income your sim receives? I can't think why it would be reporting negatively even if they do, but this game does all sorts of odd things.
    I'm at a bit of a loss trying to help you sorry, since I've not heard of this issue, so sorry if the questions seem inane.

What happens if you have your retired sim go and get another job? Does their wage show up correctly? Also, if you let them work at it for a couple of days, and then retire again ( if you can - I have no retired sims so I don't know how it works ) what does their income report then?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2010
    Just like in real life, you do not get the same pay as you do when working. Unless you have made investments that can bring in additional money.

I've had sims retire and never once have they had this happen. I don't bother with 'investments' either.
    It is not right that her game is TAKING a pension from her instead of giving it. Not sure if you understood her problem completely. This is not supposed to happen.
    edited September 2010
    Pary wrote:
    okay.. erm... are your household bills exceeding the income your sim receives? I can't think why it would be reporting negatively even if they do, but this game does all sorts of odd things.
    I'm at a bit of a loss trying to help you sorry, since I've not heard of this issue, so sorry if the questions seem inane.

What happens if you have your retired sim go and get another job? Does their wage show up correctly? Also, if you let them work at it for a couple of days, and then retire again ( if you can - I have no retired sims so I don't know how it works ) what does their income report then?

Well I just pulled my sim out of retirement and put her as self employed so I'm not losing money anymore. The bills are not exceeding my income. I'll keep my sim as self employed for a little bit, then try retiring again and I'll see what happens.
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited September 2010
    tuneout44 wrote:
    A couple of my sims retired, and under the career tab, it says -2,650 or whatever dollars. Why am I getting money taken away??

I misunderstood your post, sorry.
    When your sim retires, they do not get the same pay as they did when working, the pension they are paid is considerable less. But if each week you are getting a minus funds, I have never seen that before. Nor do I have a clue what could cause this other than a outdated mod gone bad.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2010
    I don't have any mods on my game. I noticed this happens to sims that retire from the new professions (from Ambitions)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2010
    It has to be something in your game as I have a good 9 or 10 retired Sims in Twinbrook that were all with the Ambitions professions and none lose money, they gain money from their pensions. I also have all these sims have the "No Bills ever" reward so it would be extremely noticeable if any were losing money as most do not do anything to use or make money, they just take care of grandkids, garden, upgrade house hold stuff, and fish all day.

I do not use any CC at all of any kind. Everything in my game is from EA, but I did see a similar post to yours over on modthesims some time back and the simmer finally figured out it was being caused by their CC some of which had become corrupt and either had to be updated by newer versions or removed period because a lot of creators do not like updating regular CC. But anyway once they uninstalled/reinstalled all their games and did not reinstall any CC, they stopped having the problem. I guess they tried toi just remove their CC and that did not remove the problem, which is why they had to do a manual uninstall/reinstall of all their games and then the problem went away as that post was marked solved.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• tgraf22tgraf22 Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    My sim retired and the pension is taking away $25,000 a week! He was a fire fighter. I'm going to get him working again, so it's not a huge deal, but this is not a harmless problem. I have some updates, but not the most recent. I'm going to update and see what happens.
  • nicky429nicky429 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I had the same problem in a previous household where they took away 5,000,000 dollars a day while I was the highest level in my singing career. Is it a showtime glitch, or maybe just a profession glitch?
  • albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've had sims retire and never once have they had this happen. I don't bother with 'investments' either.
    It is not right that her game is TAKING a pension from her instead of giving it. Not sure if you understood her problem completely. This is not supposed to happen.

Sadly, this is what is happening in real life :( But on topic, I'm not sure why this is going on. I hope you get it fixed! Maybe my Sims should invest in some properties for their old age :lol:
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • JuggalodanJuggalodan Posts: 1 New Member
    I know I'm nearly 7 years late to this discussion but that kind of makes it worse that this is still an issue today. My sim was at the top of the daycare profession and I just tried to get her to retire only to be told her pension would be -$151,345 a week.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2012, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top