Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandpoint City Of Adventure Updated page 8

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited February 2011
    I simply couldn't resist grabbing the house now so it is dl'd and rec'd. Thanks and still looking forward to Sandpoint's beta release. :D
  • rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited February 2011
    hey when is the next update because I love this world and want to see more and want it really bad and is this gonna be a pre populated world?
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2011
    We're all waiting Stw for this World to be done so we can play with it, I must say you have a horrible habit of making us squirm in anticipation heh..heh. Anyway I hope your doing well and can't wait to get this World I currently have all the World's you've released and play them all a lot as they are still my favourite World's.

I've updated a lot of them simply enough to use the LN buildings so that makes it all the better. My version of Exotic World is nearly full of families and has about Six, custom Clubs heh..heh.
  • RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Love the look so far, eagerly anticipating a release. Also loved Exotic World. Extremely creative and detailed. You're one hell of a talented creator in your own right! Thanks for all this dedication and effort. You make the game by far more appealing.
  • rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Is this dead I hope not it was really turning out great.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    No, of course not. Creative juices have to flow for the very talented Stw - be patient. He'll be back when he's ready. Stw does not quit....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Such a long time with no updates, have I given up on this project?

To answer this, I've had a break from building, but the last week, I've reopened the project and hope to have the world completed before the end of the month, I've made a number of tweaks to the world, since last time I was working on the project, I can show you a few of them in this little mini preview:-

Screenshot-5-31.jpg
    Screenshot-2-47.jpg
    Screenshot-78.jpg
    TS3EP032011-04-1015-32-43-63.jpg
    Screenshot-7-27.jpg
    Screenshot-3-40.jpg
    Screenshot-4-37.jpg

From Ui tweaks, to graphics changes this world will be unique and not to forget the world is linked together by dungeons. The world will also come with several Sim families to fix the story of the world together.

Just a word of note, a light version of the world, for slower machines will be available for download upon release. This version will not contain any custom graphics and no Sims.

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited April 2011
    I am happier than ever that I now have a system that won't have a problem running the full version :D

I was really happy to see another update from you, Stw. I'm really looking forward to trying Sandpoint out.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm so happy to see you back and working on this Stw, I'm glad you had a good break I think we all need one now and then. Your new images look lovely and I'm very excited about this World.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2011
    I really hope those UI tweaks are not global!
    Please no changes to the game core or I must refuse to install this world!
    It would be sad because i like what I see.
    This space is for rent.
    edited April 2011
    I really hope those UI tweaks are not global!
    Please no changes to the game core or I must refuse to install this world!
    It would be sad because i like what I see.

Nothing inside the world is global, everything that is installed with the world will be just for that world. Self contained for that world only, at the end of the day I'm a little lazy when it comes to updating stuff and the last thing I want is the need to update stuff after each patch.

I did do some pretty cool stuff like using the Medieval Sims game, mood-lets and change the Sims tool bars, but this will stay on the cutting room floor, stuff like that would be better suited for a self contained mod.

You can sleep easy in the knowledge that the world will contain NO Core Mods or anything that will damage your game.

UPDATE

I've completed all the building that will be in the world, many of them need some tweaking.

I've made a unique fly over for the start up of the world.

More updates will follow with a few pictures of the final area. I can see light at the end of the tunnel I hope to be beta testing the world in the next few weeks. :D

edited April 2011
    That's great news! :)
    Thank you for your reply.
    This space is for rent.
    edited April 2011
    Stw402 wrote:
    More updates will follow with a few pictures of the final area. I can see light at the end of the tunnel I hope to be beta testing the world in the next few weeks. :D

That is indeed great news! Looking forward to it with much excitement! :mrgreen:
    edited April 2011
    Thanks RavynLeeBourdon, I'm making good steady progress on the last section of the world, I even got time to do some sound tweaking. I used the medieval Sims sounds and placed them directly in the world file, so I was happily popping along to the medieval Sims sounds while play testing.

I think when the world is completed I will start to tweak the lots, one area I've found frustrating in the past, is to balance the lot sizes, it perhaps better to have 10 small lots than 1 big mansion, I want to try max out the playability of the world the best I can, but keep the look of the world.

Another thing I was thinking, generations EP comes with No new world, so I wish to leave space for any new building that come with this EP.

Lets hope it all works out in the end and the world will be yours to play about with soon.

edited April 2011
    I love the originality to your worlds - I'd never have thought of adding Medieval Sim sounds to it (were I a world creator). Incredible!

With regards to the balancing act of lots, I agree that ten small lots would be better than 1 mansion - having said that those that choose the opposite can still rework the world by editing where they see fit - so long as you're happy with it the rest of us will tweak it again to our individual tastes. You haven't let us down yet though in terms of artistic license and balancing anything I say (maybe I'm just biased but Exotic World was epic).

What you could do is release a beta prior to Generations release as I've seen other creators do and add in other rabbit holes (like the playground they're adding to Generations and the like) once the EP's released and you've familiarized yourself with it. Am I eager to get my hands on this world? You bet! XD

Still greatness can't be rushed so I'll continue to lurk and wait and wish you the best of luck as you put in all the effort behind the scenes. Thanks for soldiering on with this and I trust your ability enough to know regardless how long it takes this world will definitely be one worth waiting for!
    edited April 2011
    Just add a weekend off from building with it being Easter, cheers for the feedback.

The Medieval Sim sounds where something I've been playing about with, I'm still a little unsure if the finished world will contain extra sounds. I do like the idea to include extra sounds and what I can see the Medieval Sim sounds, seem to be a little more stream lined. I suppose it will depend on the size of the world, on how much extra stuff I will add. Another problem I've got is so far I'm unable to convert MP3 into a format the game can read. I did find some instructions but it's way above my head, so currently I'm stuck with EA sounds.

With the Beta Release, it will be a upload to the exchange, probable prior to Generations, give you chance to have a play with the world, I will probable do a updated version with any fixes that people report and add the generation stuff into the world later.

Again many thanks for your support, right that be the end of my Easter break back to the world designing :D.
    edited May 2011
    Here we go a big preview of the upcoming world

Screenshot-6-26.jpg

Screenshot-7-28.jpg

Screenshot-8-27.jpg

Screenshot-9-26.jpg

Screenshot-3-41.jpg

Screenshot-11-23.jpg

Screenshot-12-19.jpg

Screenshot-13-22.jpg

Screenshot-14-16.jpg

Screenshot-15-16.jpg

Screenshot-16-21.jpg

Screenshot-17-11.jpg

Screenshot-18-12.jpg

Screenshot-19-13.jpg

I can say the world is complete in terms of shape and design, I've still goto tidy up the world and play test.

• DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's looking great. I am glad to see an update on this world! :thumbup:
    edited May 2011
    Looks amazing Stw402!! What I love about your worlds is that there is always something new to look at/do. Some creators make a world. You make a world come to life. Thank you for this and can't wait for the release.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited May 2011
    That looks like Sim-City! Awesome
  • Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited May 2011
    Looks awesome! I like all of the advertisements on the billboards! Entertaining! Haha
    edited May 2011
    I'm please you like the world, many thanks for your feedback, it's taken many hours to get this far and I can see the end.
    :D

I've started to tweak the world and check everything over, so far so good, I decided to reduce the number spawners in the world, thou this will mean little to anybody reading this. I can't find any info about how many spawners should be in a world, so I've used my own common sense, to many and you get lag, to few and it upsets the game balance.

Here's a few pic that I made tonight:-

Screenshot-79.jpg

Screenshot-2-48.jpg

Screenshot-21-15.jpg

Sneaky Peak Video

It's only 27 seconds long, it's test video I made when testing the world fly over, sorry no sound and it's a little jerky, my video cards a little crappy to handle a video recording with all settings on top and during a flyover.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/Tamlo31/?action=view&current=TS3SP032011-05-0804-57-15-70.mp4

The full fly over for the world is over 2 minutes long :oops: , it shows many of the key area's before you start to play, of course if you get bored, you can always click past the fly over.

• Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2011
    Very awesome! Kudos on the flyover, I've rad a bit about making your own, but my tech skills are not worthy :oops:
    Can't wait to see the finished product!
    edited May 2011
    Many thanks for your nice words Sneakfeline0 :mrgreen:

UPDATE

Right from the start of this world I've been playing about with the INI files, trying to get a look that makes the town stand out and look nice, here is the end result of the colors that I will be using for the worlds sky and the final sea color:-

Screenshot-3-42.jpg

Screenshot-4-40.jpg

Screenshot-5-33.jpg

Screenshot-6-27.jpg

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-2-49.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Hi again Stw402,
    so these pictures are not post-processed in any way? Well then I'm impressed! :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.